First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sashquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's exactly what I'm looking to do as well! My Badlands is arriving next week, so I did some measurements on the Capable bumper at the dealer. Zroadz responded to my question "our front bumper LED bar will not work on the factory-capable bumper. We do however plan to bring on in house for design later this summer." This makes sense given it uses the factor bolts on the Modular bumper, however, as pointed out in the replies, it looks very close. I believe the bar leans forward enough that clearance on the grill won't be the problem, although I don't know that for a fact. I also think I can drill holes on the top of the bumper to match the two bolt holes on the bar. I'm worried about the four bolt holes that go in the front of the bumper. The capable bumper has a lip that narrows to about 3/4" above the D-rings where they would attach. The four forward tabs on the bar might have that hole too close to the bottom of that lip. I'm also not sure if the curvature of the bumper is the same between the Capable and Module, as the capable extends about 1/2" at the center compared to where the D-rings are. If anyone knows of any other option to mount 4-6 small off-road lights or if this will work, I'd be interested.

Zroadz Light Bar Attach.jpg
2022 Capable Bumper Lip.jpg
We're thinking along the same lines. Not sure if you saw this before, but I posted this photo of how the ZroadZ light bar mounts, and I believe this particular design could make it possible to modify and mount. Immediately from the base, it shoots out forward instead of straight vertical.

I also reached out to ZRoadZ, but hadn't heard about the proposed adapter or modification, but that is great news!

The other option I had in mind was to simply to take a Dremmel and cut off the front end (that turns downward) portion of the mounting bracket - then just round it off on top. In essence, I would just mount it using the 4 holes on the top portion of the mount. That way there would be nothing else sticking out or extending further beyond the bumper. 4 bolts would be plenty to secure it.

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 2.39.18 PM.png
Sponsored

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah! I thought there were only two bolts on the top (one on each end) ignoring the other two in the modular pattern. I agree, that might make it worth trying unless I have even MORE patience to wait for their potential new offering. Sorry to make you repeat it, but grateful you did!

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After several weeks, I not only received my Bronco, but did exactly what we talked about here. Got the ZRoadz light bar mount (designed for the modular bumper), trimmed the front tabs off, powder coated it, then had the crew at Round2 Off-Road drill into the capable bumper and mount my off-road lights. It was a tight fit to the grill, but it mounted very nicely. I went with smaller PIAA lights that match the size of the factory fog lights. Here’s the final product.

962027CA-7C4E-4BE2-80B5-8D1B5B259219.jpeg

33117CFB-9A18-4BF6-B575-E86979BFF489.jpeg

6982F571-94FD-4A32-87BE-43174EC28E0C.jpeg
Sponsored