First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems the best choice is the one that other Bronco owners in your area would want to buy/trade with you in the future. OEM good condition parts are not difficult to flip.

Dwb85

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally thought I ordered the Modular Bumper when my dealer said the Steel Bumper came with my order. Im ok with the capable and happy with the lights and lack of price markup. I did think it came with the bad lands. Must have built a 21' before ordering my 22' in Oct.

Dez Pony

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Jeep TJ, '19 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered my '22 Badlands with the modular front bumper. I flat tow my Jeep and will flat tow my '22 Badlands (whenever I get it...). Easy to make/or buy the towbar attachments without mods to the front of the frame. Absolutely no trailer for a many reasons. Southwestern Utah, here we come!

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks exactly like the Wrangler bumper. Bad look.

2021-Jeep-Wrangler-4xe-road.jpg

new-ford-bronco.jpg
Form follows function and in this case, the Jeep bumper doesn't look like it belongs on a Jeep

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the standard front bumper on the Wildtrak look just like the “capable” bumper, just isn’t steel?
No, it's the plastic one with a slightly different design.

1) Wildtrak standard plastic bumper:

Ford Bronco Capable vs Modular Bumper comparison video 1646018651469

2) Wildtrak with Capable steel (with plastic end caps and d-ring surrounds) bumper, as shown on the HOSS 3.0 images
Ford Bronco Capable vs Modular Bumper comparison video 1646018622703

3)Wildtrak with HD Modular steel bumper
Ford Bronco Capable vs Modular Bumper comparison video 1646018697294

It would've been nice on modular for you to be able to order a "foglight prep" option where you'd have the switch built into the light controls and the wires already in place to hook up to.

That's the one annoying thing about modular.

Fade2Black

Black Diamond
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sashquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone tried adding a light bar to their capable bumper? I certainly like the MD and know it would better suit a light bar add, but I also like the styling and fog lights included in the Capable.

SO - I think I need to figure out how I install this light bar:
Zroads LED Pods

onto the capable bumper. Anyone?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone tried adding a light bar to their capable bumper? I certainly like the MD and know it would better suit a light bar add, but I also like the styling and fog lights included in the Capable.

Zroads LED Pods

You’d have to drill some holes but the capable doesn’t seem to stick out as much as the mod so it may not work at all

Fade2Black

Black Diamond
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sashquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You’d have to drill some holes but the capable doesn’t seem to stick out as much as the mod so it may not work at all
Yep! That's exactly my concern. The 'flush' mount/profile of the capable bumper could present a problem. Drilling holes should be fine, but I'm not sure the bumper sticks out far enough. Although this particular light bar does protrude out a bit. So... I'm hoping "there's a chance!"

Sponsored

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, I'm a little confused. With the Hoss 3.0, can I still get the modular bumper? Is there an extra cost compared to the capable? Have to figure it out as come the 9th I need to add it to my Wildtrac. My dealer will probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone know the cost of these two bumpers to add after the fact? When I ordered my base I didn’t see the capable as an option and I knew that the modular would hold up the order
I don't believe capable is
No, it's the plastic one with a slightly different design.

1) Wildtrak standard plastic bumper:

2) Wildtrak with Capable steel (with plastic end caps and d-ring surrounds) bumper, as shown on the HOSS 3.0 images

3)Wildtrak with HD Modular steel bumper

It would've been nice on modular for you to be able to order a "foglight prep" option where you'd have the switch built into the light controls and the wires already in place to hook up to.

That's the one annoying thing about modular.
I agree, that would've been cool, but think they just didn't go there because of the removable end caps. Leaves those lights exposed to potential damage. I'm fine with the modularity too add lights I want, and couldn't be easier with the pre-ran switches to hook up to.

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021 BL had MOD bumper as standard. 2022 has capable bumper as standard with MOD as an option.
Yeah, this was a surprise to me when I picked up my Bronco. I thought I was getting the modular bumper.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish I had that when making decision. I recently switched to modular hoping it was better against deer strikes. Now that I see this I don't know, but I do tend to think it sticking out a bit further will help reduce grill damage so will likely keep modular.
If you're looking for protection from deer strikes, I suggest picking up bolt-on hoop from @JcrOffroad. I have the prerunner version and love it!

BR6SB-P-1.jpg

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zroads LED Pods

That's exactly what I'm looking to do as well! My Badlands is arriving next week, so I did some measurements on the Capable bumper at the dealer. Zroadz responded to my question "our front bumper LED bar will not work on the factory-capable bumper. We do however plan to bring on in house for design later this summer." This makes sense given it uses the factor bolts on the Modular bumper, however, as pointed out in the replies, it looks very close. I believe the bar leans forward enough that clearance on the grill won't be the problem, although I don't know that for a fact. I also think I can drill holes on the top of the bumper to match the two bolt holes on the bar. I'm worried about the four bolt holes that go in the front of the bumper. The capable bumper has a lip that narrows to about 3/4" above the D-rings where they would attach. The four forward tabs on the bar might have that hole too close to the bottom of that lip. I'm also not sure if the curvature of the bumper is the same between the Capable and Module, as the capable extends about 1/2" at the center compared to where the D-rings are. If anyone knows of any other option to mount 4-6 small off-road lights or if this will work, I'd be interested.

Ford Bronco Capable vs Modular Bumper comparison video Zroadz Light Bar Attach
Ford Bronco Capable vs Modular Bumper comparison video 2022 Capable Bumper Li
Sponsored