Will_05

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Awesome. Anyone know if there is any way that I could get my hands on a modular bumper after my order has already been built? Marketplace wouldn’t be an option since shipping costs would be ridiculous.
Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You ordered the Badlands? I think the Badlands comes with the Capable standard. I haven't heard of anyone dropping the capable and getting the standard (plastic) bumper on a Badlands. It sounds like you dropped the Capable bumper, but instead are getting the Capable bumper, haha.

I haven't heard of the Capable bumper being a constraint, either. Perhaps you ordered the modular and dropped the modular bumper?
2021 BL had MOD bumper as standard. 2022 has capable bumper as standard with MOD as an option.

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are the things I have noticed/liked
1. Love the led fog-lights in the capable - I drive in snow/ice conditions a lot and when you do it all the time, foglights help you recognize road conditions better when you the sun has melted most of the snow, or driving up a mountain pass with temps dropping in variable precipitation/melting conditions
2. The capable is powder coated and the modular is black. I think I like the powder coated, which does match the rear bumpers, but some might like the black much better
3. I like that the modular bumper is 100% all steel, can take the ends off, and can hold a winch/brushguard better
4. For me the biggest concern with the capable bumped after watching this video, is that it might not stick out enough? I know it is steel and attached to the frame, but worry hitting something with the capable bumper could do a lot more damage to the bronco because it sticks out so little? I have this feeling that if I slide and hit something really solid it slower speeds that the modular might get knocked in an inch or so and absorb most of it to where it does not really matter, and the capable might leave me with the entire front-end damaged? Do you guys think that should be a concern?

I think I am still going capable mostly because I did not get an order in before 3/15/21 or whenever to get the price lock on the modular, but still kind of a tough call

Last edited:

Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have this feeling that if I slide and hit something really solid it slower speeds that the modular might get knocked in an inch or so and absorb most of it to where it does not really matter, and the capable might leave me with the entire front-end damaged? Do you guys think that should be a concern?
I do see what you're saying, but in my (unfortunate) experience, if you hit something hard enough with a front steel bumper to get it to bend or cave to any significant degree, you're probably doing at least a bit of frame damage as well and running up a repair bill regardless of if you cave in some plastic on your grille, too.

Speaking from a frustrating experience with my jeep. Definitely not fun, and it's why my blood boils a bit when I see pictures of crashes (everyone being ok), and the poster claiming their rig "took it like a champ" when there is likely tons of frame damage they can't see and may never bother to look for.

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$700 less and has fog lights. No brainer for me. I’ll spend that money elsewhere, like an onboard air compressor.
I agree 100%. My Bronco won't see much off-roading for a few years until I retire. Maybe a few weekend trips here and there. I work too much right now! LOL. The capable bumper suits my needs and it looks pretty good.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Modular bumper for me due to the fact plastic just doesn't do it for me. Replacing the rear bumper will be very high on my list.
100% agreed. Its annoying to see that photo of Wiltrak/HOSS 3.0 seemingly having the option to add the steel rear bumper too, which I'd have appreciated as a standalone option like the front bumper.

I think the modular bumper looks neat, though I've preferring the look of the capable from the beginning and that it comes with the factory fog switch, but it wasn't an option on Wildtrak, and I didn't want those plastic bumpers (as you said, replacing it will be something to look into early on).

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rogue / 2019 4Runner / 2010 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. I guess I'm weird but I'm just not a fan of mods that scream aftermarket. Which seems to be out of sync with most of the off-road offerings. My preference would be towards something that appears OEM but offers the additional functionality and durability of an aftermarket piece.
Agree. It seems like all the after market bumpers are super angular, which in my opinion looks very odd on the Bronco.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the capable and love it. I just wish some more aftermarket vendors would start coming up with some stuff

I don’t think half the market even realizes this is now the standard bumper on BD and BL

AH64DB2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope I get my Jul 17, 2020 reserved Bronco this year…

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally ordered the capable front bumper but in order speed up my order, I dropped it along with the protective plastic film and the tow package. Now my order lists my bumper as a "FRONT POWDER COATED STEEL BUMPER" Is this bumper different than the modular bumper?
Same, dropped the constrained modular, bumper from my build specs. The powder coated steel marketplace bargain bumper will depart/delete from my rig (4dr BL 2.3 7sp high MIC Tow) the first weekend I have free and recoup some material costs for the abbreviated bumper that replaces it. I figure the fog light switch/wiring is worth the sacrifice to get it maybe in 2023. 9AUG2020 res.

Last edited:

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish I had that when making decision. I recently switched to modular hoping it was better against deer strikes. Now that I see this I don't know, but I do tend to think it sticking out a bit further will help reduce grill damage so will likely keep modular.
Neither is going to do Jack or squat when punting a 120 lb deer or larger. I managed to scrub 75% of the speed off my Ranger before a light, nearly centered love tap on a f'n deer in my previously nice Ranger. The Bronco nose is soft and all plastic, it doesn't stand a chance.

IMG_20171129_0511063.jpg
Sponsored