Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Modular all the way. All steel, no plastic (Capable has some plastic bits). I'm glad my 21 Black Diamond came standard with it.
Just ordered some Oracle fog lights for it.
Sponsored

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish I had seen this video while I was ordering as I would have most likely gone with the modular for adding bull bar, different lights ect. The limited info on the capable at the time I ordered the 22 made it sound like you could add more. I do like that the fog lights are already an option but once spring/summer comes around I might be shopping for other bumper options.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the looks of the modular bumper better. But ordered my Black Diamond with the capable bumper to have the fogs already wired and switched. But I really don't mind the looks of the capable bumper. If nothing comes out that I really like I have no problem keeping it.

bruce 1

Outer Banks
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just saw on the youtubes that Bronco Wild Outdoors did a short clip comparing the two factory steel bumper options.

Hope this helps any of you on the fence.
why is he talking about going with the capable bumper there is no choice the capable bumper is not available as an option!

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoJones

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why is he talking about going with the capable bumper there is no choice the capable bumper is not available as an option!
The capable bumper is the stock bumper on '22 Black Diamonds and Badlands, with the Modular being optional. Both are optional on the Wildtrack. Its currently listed as " Front Powder Coated Steel Bumper " on the build an price.

JonD79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went with the Modular on my order. I ordered the oracle fog light kit for it. When I ever get my order I will have the fog lights ready for it

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The capable bumper is the stock bumper on '22 Black Diamonds and Badlands, with the Modular being optional. Both are optional on the Wildtrack. Its currently listed as " Front Powder Coated Steel Bumper " on the build an price.
Does the standard front bumper on the Wildtrak look just like the “capable” bumper, just isn’t steel?

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But isn’t the Jeep bumper modular like the modular bumper?
Jeep’s modular bumper and plastic bumper look the same. One is just metal and is modular like the Bronco mod bumper. With the Jeeps modular bumper, you need to buy a winch plate to mount a winch. That cost about $200-300, depending on brand.

It’s annoying that ford made it so expensive to add a winch to their mod bumper. I’m hoping someone will make a winch mount for the mod bumper that isn’t so expensive. It would be nice if either ford or Jeep just made a bumper that you bolt a winch to, without buying more bumper attachments.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CAPABLE BUMPER = MALL CRAWLER

Drabon74

Black Diamond
First Name
DR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner(2007 & 2021)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone know the cost of these two bumpers to add after the fact? When I ordered my base I didn’t see the capable as an option and I knew that the modular would hold up the order

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 21 BD with the modular bumper and it definitely is beefy. It feel like if you happen to unfortunately hit an animal it would hold up. Not sure about the fog lights but I want some. Prewired on the capable bumper is nice for sure. Can someone post a link to the oracle fog lights?

thanks
Sponsored