First Name
JasonBrunk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I almost upgraded my 22 BD to the mod. After looking at the factory winch mount in persons vs some aftermarket options I decided to keep the capable bumper. Im getting the 4wp setup. Ultimately will cost about the same but looks better imo and I still have oem fog light wiring and switch.
Ditto for same reasons!
Sponsored

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You ordered the Badlands? I think the Badlands comes with the Capable standard. I haven't heard of anyone dropping the capable and getting the standard (plastic) bumper on a Badlands. It sounds like you dropped the Capable bumper, but instead are getting the Capable bumper, haha.

I haven't heard of the Capable bumper being a constraint, either. Perhaps you ordered the modular and dropped the modular bumper?
Yep a Badlands. The bumper I ordered was supposed to be new for 2022. Who knows I deleted it as I’m probably going to get an aftermarket one.

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest gripe at the moment is that if you get the capable with the Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 pack, you cannot get full skid plates. If you could, I would totally pick capable over modular.

Instead, I will probably get mod, and purchase the rtr tubular end caps and rtr rear bumper down the road.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The capable bumper, to me, is better looking. If I do decide to add a winch, I'm not a fan of the options for the modular and I'd have to go aftermarket anyways. Unfortunately, I've hated every single aftermarket bumper I've seen so far so that's not even an option yet. I'm just not down with the stealth bomber, faceted welded plate steel style that seems to be so damn popular.

Sponsored

barracuda

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Four door Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you’re just gonna replace anyway than no reason to pay more for mod but other than that having no plastic is absolutely 10000% better

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The capable bumper, to me, is better looking. If I do decide to add a winch, I'm not a fan of the options for the modular and I'd have to go aftermarket anyways. Unfortunately, I've hated every single aftermarket bumper I've seen so far so that's not even an option yet. I'm just not down with the stealth bomber, faceted welded plate steel style that seems to be so damn popular.
Those are my thoughts. Totally get the “capability” of the mod bumper. But the capable bumper just looks right to me. Unless Ford wants to offer a heritage bumper that resembles the old rolled steel style. That would be great.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$700 less and has fog lights. No brainer for me. I’ll spend that money elsewhere, like an onboard air compressor.
That makes sense also.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are my thoughts. Totally get the “capability” of the mod bumper. But the capable bumper just looks right to me. Unless Ford wants to offer a heritage bumper that resembles the old rolled steel style. That would be great.
Yup. I guess I'm weird but I'm just not a fan of mods that scream aftermarket. Which seems to be out of sync with most of the off-road offerings. My preference would be towards something that appears OEM but offers the additional functionality and durability of an aftermarket piece.

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally ordered the capable front bumper but in order speed up my order, I dropped it along with the protective plastic film and the tow package. Now my order lists my bumper as a "FRONT POWDER COATED STEEL BUMPER" Is this bumper different than the modular bumper?
Yes that means you have the capable with the fog lights.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now my order lists my bumper as a "FRONT POWDER COATED STEEL BUMPER" Is this bumper different than the modular bumper?
That is the official name of the capable bumper.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest gripe at the moment is that if you get the capable with the Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 pack, you cannot get full skid plates. If you could, I would totally pick capable over modular.

Instead, I will probably get mod, and purchase the rtr tubular end caps and rtr rear bumper down the road.
I have seen that, but does the badlands have full skid plates with capable?

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wish I had that when making decision. I recently switched to modular hoping it was better against deer strikes. Now that I see this I don't know, but I do tend to think it sticking out a bit further will help reduce grill damage so will likely keep modular.