JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say, I don't want flares to be part of the factory design. I want the body to be track full track width. Flares are for aftermarket when I jack it up and put larger tires on it so that I can still cover the wider track width when on the road. So a fully boxed, straight sided body would be the ideal, gives the most interior room and allows plenty of aftermarket. Also, if the bronco relies on flares (like the Jeep), then to stay semi-street legal after lift and tires, you need to have some ridiculously stupid looking 10" flares (like Jeep).

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
need to go FULL RETRO!

maxlider_4-door_ford_bronco_1.jpg
You won't get any argument from me, but I can do without the rear doors.

Alas, Ford has promised a "bold new look", so I think we can rule out a line-by-line throwback. Hopefully it will come through with tasteful design cues from its legacy, and add some modern flair.

I will say, I don't want flares to be part of the factory design. I want the body to be track full track width. Flares are for aftermarket when I jack it up and put larger tires on it so that I can still cover the wider track width when on the road. So a fully boxed, straight sided body would be the ideal, gives the most interior room and allows plenty of aftermarket. Also, if the bronco relies on flares (like the Jeep), then to stay semi-street legal after lift and tires, you need to have some ridiculously stupid looking 10" flares (like Jeep).
I find the Jeep to be a bit close inside, and I'm a smaller guy.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You won't get any argument from me, but I can do without the rear doors.

Alas, Ford has promised a "bold new look", so I think we can rule out a line-by-line throwback. Hopefully it will come through with tasteful design cues from its legacy, and add some modern flair.

I find the Jeep to be a bit close inside, and I'm a smaller guy.
That's what I'm saying, give the bronco a full width body as compared to the outside of the wheels, and you can gain 6-8 inches easy on the interior shoulder width. Makes it a lot roomier, and more useable space. Add flares when you go to wider tires and lift, or for some high end package from the factory with factory lift and wider tires. Like what BHshaman posted.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would be nice to have a modest ABS flare from the factory, maybe 3/4" like the fairly low-profile cladding common on some trucks. Make it user-replaceable and have Ford Motorsport offer several different incrementally larger size flares for tire size expansion.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most of the renderings look great with the raptor tires and wheels but unless the FSB happens the ranger bronco will have narrow 33’s not 35’s.
That definitely changes the look

Sponsored

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
This C&D render misses several supposedly known features, mirros, removable roof, Bronco on a square grill. Possibly they are not very smart researchers. Looks really boring to me.

Toyota, please, please save me, or somebody, surely somebody can put together a Wrangler competitor. I really wanted to buy something other than another Wrangler.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just wish we could get one of these rendering artists to make something like what the Bronco will actually be. Definitely a Bronco, but still modern. But not some tonka-truck looking cringemobile like most of these renders are. The original Bronco6g render and the one that PhillyFX4 posted are straight up trash, they look like a fucking child’s toy or like the OJ Bronco. IMO there is going to be 0% OJ Bronco DNA, it’s going to be straight first gen for inspiration, I doubt Ford looked past ‘78 for any sort of design ques. So let’s see something realistic that reflects that. I still think the Motor Trend one has the basic shape down the best but definitely needs some updates from new info we’ve had trickle in. Also, get rid of ALL the F-150/raptor styling. The ranger does not really share styling with the F-150 so I don’t see this either. How many styling similarities can you spot between a ram charger and a wrangler? Zero. Because they’re COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Just like this will be.

One thing nobody’s mentioned too: I want SMOKER WINDOWS!

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
If by modern is meant jelly bean styling, I will pass. I would prefer the Tonka to jelly bean. No point in spending time designing an aerodynamic off-road vehicle. The first thing that happens is the bumpers get removed for winches and recovery hooks and then tires and wheels with a lift. The Tonka shapes are closer to actual need than the minivan look.
Sponsored