First Name
Cb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Kinda an off topic quiestion but for those with ceramic coats do you guys use the self car wash soap? My installer said to always try to use neutral PH soap to wash the car but I sometimes wash it at a self wash with their spray soap when I’m short on time. Think this will shorten the ceramic coat life?
Sponsored

OP
OP
MK0412

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would like to also know. Having a ceramic coat and rocker panel PPF done next week.

thanks for adding this to the thread!

Kinda an off topic quiestion but for those with ceramic coats do you guys use the self car wash soap? My installer said to always try to use neutral PH soap to wash the car but I sometimes wash it at a self wash with their spray soap when I’m short on time. Think this will shorten the ceramic coat life?

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The caveat here being you shouldn't do this during busy hours as carwashes often depend on volume of vehicles washed. Unless you want to keep the meter running the whole time, which most people won't. Don't be surprised if the employee tells you no bucket washing. Basically, remember it's a business, not your personal garage bay.

Touchless autos are a good option for vehicles that are kept clean, but they are not a total replacement for hand washing and aren't very effective on truly dirty cars.

Never ever use a brush style auto wash. Your paint will look like trash in no time. Some people say this isn't true, but they just don't see the damage. Heavily swirled cars are normal to many people 😵 Not to ‍mention the possibility for the brushes to rip stuff clean off your car.

Depending on the circumstances where you live, a rinseless wash can be a good option. There are products designed for this. They don't suds up like a typical soap, but are formulated to encapsulate dirt. They work good on cars that aren't too dirty. Do some research on the method and see if it's for you.
I learned that the hard way at the wash in mountain view, wasn't even busy and the guy wouldn't let me clean my wheels. Won't be going back there. Ended up buying a nice made in USA pressure washer, but I'd like to try one of those battery powered sprayers next.

There's also a new hand wash shop on base I might try the next time I'm feeling lazy

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I run the Bronco through an auto wash with ALLLL the brushes almost weekly.
I have a stubby antenna and a hard top though. But I don't even fold in the mirrors...the brushes do that for me! lol.
No issues.
Same here, sometimes two to three times a week, no issues.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an all you can wash subscription - brushes and all. They do a marginal job on the interior, but it's WAAAAY faster than doing it myself. They also almost always take the antenna off before going through the wash. No problems with soft top, paint, mirrors, etc...

Drove thru 100 miles of Mormon Crickets last week in NV, so they have their work cut out for them once I get it over there this week! This is a pic off the internet, but there were patches of road where you could literally not see any pavement!

Mormon-Crickets.jpg

Sponsored

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use optimum rinse less wash. When the vehicle isn't to dirty it works great. I will hit with a high pressure hose when muddy. Will try Absolute from P&S next. Similar product but reviewers are saying it has more lubricity than optimum.

jag2440

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whats the best wax and best way to buff out scratches

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you like your paint, do not go into an auto wash where you drive through. I do a self wash with high pressure water. I start with high pressure water/soap to get any dirt off and to get soap on the vehicle. I'll then use my own brush (bring this yourself) and lather down the bronco. Then switch to high pressure water and get all the soap dirt off. Dry it off with some towels (bring these yourself). When the bronco is dried off, no water marks, You are done. If you want you can apply a wax to get your paint popping and slight protection. Miguers, Chemical guys, and Adams make great auto products. Do not use the brush at the self wash. It's full of crud and will scratch your paint. If you dont want to spend the time, you can spend the money and go to hand wash place.

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Best for paint:

Touchless car wash
Ceramic Coat on painted surfaces
Chemical Guys VRP for the fenders, handles, top, mirrors.
Meguiars Quick detailer spray for a weekly touch up with clean microfiber towel (launder these).
Norwex window cloth (my wife bought it for interior windows in the house, I'm not supposed to use it but this thing is awesome) I'm listing it because you don't overspray window cleaner on other parts of the bronco.

After mudding or insect swarm take to a hand spray /pressure washer place.
Keep wand minimum distance 2'-0" away from the paint.

The ceramic coat and VRP make it really easy to keep clean with the Meguiars quick detailer spray.