Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not able to wash vehicle at home. What’s the best method to wash car other ways that is safe for paint?
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Car wash facility with pressure wash. Rinse and then hand wash from bucket and soap. Fill from pressure washer or a hose bib at car wash if equipped. Pressure rinse again. Hand dry in the bay out of the sun if not busy. Bring a cordless leaf blower to blow most of water out of gaps first.

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you do it yourself, either a touchless wash (typically at gas stations) or as above mentioned at a pressure wash. IMHO, its not the paint you want to worry about at an auto wash, its the windshield and antenna. Quite a few folks have shared issues at auto washes. I took my old TJ Wrangler to an auto wash once that I used often for other vehicles. Did not think the antenna would be an issue but the spinning brushes did jerk the antenna right out of the mount.

Flagstaff

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335ix / NB miata/ ‘60 TR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a safety precaution a lot of automated washes have a “wrap” wash where it is touchless to avoid damage to the wrap. It is rarely advertised. If you can find an attendant, it might be worth the ask.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just go full financial implosion and buy a new house just so you can wash your Bronco there.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
……. and go all in on that house and spring for a garage with a drain AND hot & cold water faucets…. Plus you can wash it inside even when it’s hot/sunny!! 🤣

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I go through an automated Car Wash at least once a week. I've had mine for about 15 months and it still looks great. It's all well and good to hand wash, but a good Car Wash place will save so much time and effort. A little hand drying when I get home for the residual drips and it turns out fine. A quick spray and wipe with detailing spray to remove dust occasionally and I can skip the wash that week. It's not made of sugar - just go get 'er done.

Ford's recommendation:
Ford Bronco Car wash help Hard Top Care

Obviously for 1st Gen Bronco - LOL

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

……. and go all in on that house and spring for a garage with a drain AND hot & cold water faucets…. Plus you can wash it inside even when it’s hot/sunny!! 🤣
Don't forget the Kinetico commercial water purifier and RO filter!

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I run the Bronco through an auto wash with ALLLL the brushes almost weekly.
I have a stubby antenna and a hard top though. But I don't even fold in the mirrors...the brushes do that for me! lol.
No issues.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not suppose to wash my vehicles where I live too, because of???

I say that with ???s, because, if I use a nozzle/sprayer that shuts off the water I'm suppose to be able to wash my cars, but I was told "No Car Washing!" by the local "over zealous RA type" building captain, yet at my girl friend's building (same community, different type of condos) they can wash with a nozzle that can be turned off, so WTF?

Anyhow I got around the supposed rule by using two 5 gallon buckets, one for wash, one for rise and the scowl on "Mrs Kavitz's" face when she saw me getting around the rule and she couldn't say sh*t was priceless!

I've thought about buying a garden sprayer to use only for my Bronco to help with the rise, but haven't had to resort to that yet. I also could add a rise agent to the water in the sprayer, so I still might do that. After spending $10 on a auto wash I spend too much time finishing the job, Bronco gets dirty when wheeling, when for free I can do it right in the same time when you count driving there and back, waiting in line and etc. And I can enjoy a beer or two while doing it too.

So ask why you can't and then find a work around. Our community's security laughed (when told the above) and said I was OK when they saw me washing my Bronco with two buckets.

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bring a bucket, microfiber mit, and soap to a self wash Brown Bear or similar. Rinse and fill bucket, soap spray to remove loose dirt, hand wash, rinse. Drive and dry or dry with a towel.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyhow I got around the supposed rule by using two 5 gallon buckets, one for wash, one for rise and the scowl on "Mrs Kavitz's" face when she saw me getting around the rule and she couldn't say sh*t was priceless!
Living with “Karen’s” and “rules”. Next she ll reprimand you for bringing weed seeds onto the property via your tires….

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ran mine through a car wash almost weekly, never had any issues. ALWAYS removed the antenna, should go without saying and fold in the mirrors.
Soft or hard top?
Sponsored