First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not suggesting it is tire noise. I meant if you are used to driving a car, it has smaller wheels, and you would be used to a very quiet vehicle. On the other hand, I've been driving a diesel, then an F150 for the past 17 years, so I'm used to a little vehicle noise. I don't find the soft top to be very loud. To me it sounds like my rear truck window is cracked just a little.
Yep. My 2014 Subaru Forester creeks and rattles and lets in a significant amount of road and tire noise. I always have my driver's side window cracked with the side window shade.

The Tacoma has 33" knobby M/T tires and you hear them driving down the road.

The Badlands I test drove was quiet, to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

StPeteBronco

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 Platiinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The change order to soft worked and brought me to an august 30 build date. The owner of Welker Ford in Clearwater Florida said it should take no more than a week to roll that thing off the build line. Changed to white vs orange but kept the luxe 2.7 and sas so looking forward to rolling this bronco soon. I am a bit nervous on the wavy soft top windows. I mean we have a 2021 wrangler and those windows are as straight as glass. But donā€™t plan on having the top up much here in Florida.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The change order to soft worked and brought me to an august 30 build date. The owner of Welker Ford in Clearwater Florida said it should take no more than a week to roll that thing off the build line. Changed to white vs orange but kept the luxe 2.7 and sas so looking forward to rolling this bronco soon. I am a bit nervous on the wavy soft top windows. I mean we have a 2021 wrangler and those windows are as straight as glass. But donā€™t plan on having the top up much here in Florida.
Iā€™d take that time frame with a grain of salt šŸ˜‰

RHPD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reserved noon PT on Day 1
2/5/21 Big Bend 2.3 w/MIC & running boards in Cactus Grey ordered
5/27/21 assigned a VIN and Prod date of 7/19/21
7/4/21 Prod date changed to 8/9/21
7/30/21 Prod date changed to 8/16/21
8/7/21 Prod date changed to 9/13/21
8/13/21 Received the news on MIC tops being an issue
8/13/21 Switched to Soft Top (only change) hoping to get it in time for the wife's b-day 9/19
8/24/21 Still not Scheduled

There is a question here for the better informed... I've seen that others made the switch and almost immediately got a new build date. Do I need to be a squeaky wheel with the dealer or is it not as straight forward as simple builds with Soft Tops getting built now?

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8/13/21 Switched to Soft Top (only change) hoping to get it in time for the wife's b-day 9/19

There is a question here for the better informed... I've seen that others made the switch and almost immediately got a new build date. Do I need to be a squeaky wheel with the dealer or is it not as straight forward as simple builds with Soft Tops getting built now?
Did your dealer have any issue with you switching to a soft top this month? I just spoke to mine and he was almost afraid to switch mine and started saying things like rebuilding my order now and I freaked out a little because I donā€™t want to rebuild I just want to switch tops not trusting the MIC 2.0 will be any better than the first since it will feel rushed IMO. He had no answers for me at all. I was blown away at how little he knew. I specially stated I did not want to rebuild only to get thrown into the 2022 order bank and lose my place in line from a year ago. I almost feel like Iā€™m being pressured to keep the MIC on my order at this point.

I know the dealerships are not well informed but the call felt all wrong. Ugh.

Sponsored

nightowl

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW 750, 2012 Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have intel if the ā€™hardtop prep kitā€™ will actually be installed during production, or they are just going to throw that s&*^ in the front seat with the license place frame?
It should be installed

nightowl

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW 750, 2012 Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck! I am hoping for a October/Early Nov delivery...fingers crossed!!

OP
OP

StPeteBronco

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 Platiinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a few hours new to the forum and looking forward to learning from all of you who have taken delivery. I took some advice from the forum on changing my Badlands order from an MIChard top to a soft top prior to hitting production in hopes I can jump ahead will still a 2021 delivery. Hoping this change helps me.
My revised order has arrived and will be here in St Pete Florida by the weekend!! Cannot wait. Glass I moved from the MIC top to soft.
Sponsored