First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have had the Bronco about a month and haven't tinkered around with GOAT modes except once while parked.

I was surprised that all the mechanical changes (locking if difs, disconnecting sway bar, etc) happen without confirmation, which brings me to my question:

What happens if I decide to try ECO while driving 70mph down the interstate? Surely the 4x4 modes will be skipped under those conditions?

I searched here and in the manual but have found little information.
Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are speed interlocks on the locking diffs and sway bar disco's. The only 'High speed' 4x4 change the system should allow would be from 2H to 4A. Not sure about 4H and speed. I always maunally override using the 4x mode selector. For example, if I switch to sport from normal while moving, I'll just tap the 2H button and it won't stay in 4A.

You can absolutely change modes, especially between normal, eco, and sport at cruising speeds.
It is a bit unerving at first if you over dial, and land on mud/ruts, but you can just back up a click and it will adjust accordingly.

OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This a great response! I've been tempted to test it out, based on the assumption it's safe, but the thought of potential results and bad noises stopped me.

chancewm

Outer Banks
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I regularly switch between Standard/Eco/Sport while at speed. It's handy as a I usually use eco with my cruise control on the interstate, but like to switch to Sport or Standard as I get onto surface streets.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco will not let you do anything to hurt it. It will tell you in your dashboard what you need to do ie stop and put in N then it will switch to 4L. If you never stop and put in N it will stay in the same mode it was unless that mode is designed to switch on the fly. 👍

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We shift the t-case in the Nav on the fly all the time between 2H and 4A with no problems, although I will recommend only doing so when driving in a straight line, we had a harsh lockup once making a turn at parking lot speeds when we were messing with it. Not sure if it was a one-off event or something that would happen consistently, but it was stout enough that we did not want to attempt it again.

thaywoody

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you haven't tried 4A in sport mode, give it a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo ;)

OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you haven't tried 4A in sport mode, give it a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo ;)
I have a 2022 Badlands, so unfortunately I'm one of the many who can't even unlock sport mode with Forscan.... Until someone figures it out.

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2022 Badlands, so unfortunately I'm one of the many who can't even unlock sport mode with Forscan.... Until someone figures it out.
Yes you can...I have sport mode on my 22 badlands via Forscan.....its in the Forscan thread on what is required (new/beta software version)

OP
OP
Jhuff

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes you can...I have sport mode on my 22 badlands via Forscan.....its in the Forscan thread on what is required (new/beta software version)

Haha! Awesome! I'm glad that has been resolved. I guess it's time to get Forscan installed!

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lookup sprint booster for Bronco, it improves throttle response quite a bit and gives you a 'sport' mode. also has a built in pedal lock as a security feature.
Sponsored