Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see no value of a manual transmission. That's the beauty of choice and having options
You used to be able to push/coast start a vehicle with manual transmission if your battery or starter went bad. Surprise! You have 30 minutes to get to work and I'm not even going to turn over! I have no idea if more modern ones can do that, but it was useful on my '81 Bronco, '84 Civic, '90 Nissan Pickup, '89 Opel Ascona, '85 Audi 80, '94 VW Polo.

The Bronco is the only one I couldn't do by myself, haha.
Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We need someone who has taking ownership of a wildtrak. We need to put to bed that baja and sport modes are the same, just 2H or 4H. They need to take the wildtrak offroad in sport 4h, compared to baja. Then take it on the road in baja 2H and compare to sport. I believe they are different enough as to not be "the same" or interchangeable.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been off roading for 40+ Years (yes, even before I had a drivers license). I have driven flat fenders, Broncos, Full size pickups, newer Jeep’s, sxs, dirt bikes, sand rails etc. I was surprised at how well the GOAT modes worked in my limited time with my Bronco. To each their own, but don’t dismiss the technology before you try it. I noticed a couple of things I didn’t like too in certain settings, but at this point it’s more experimenting and enjoy testing the various features than ultimate performance. I like that you have options. 4L, 4L independent front and rear lockers, yep! Stay-bar disconnect, yep (way better feature than I anticipated). So far my personal favorite for general trail riding (mild, 2 track with a few deep sand spots, mud holes or berms) is 4A. That’s another must have IMO. Advanced transfer case is awesome technology. Enjoy and keep and open mind, never know what you might find helpful, fun or useful.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Disclaimer: I have a 7MT on order

Am I the only person that thinks the GOAT dial is stupid? Is it really that hard to figure out 2wd, 4a, 4wd, 4l, front locker, etc.? I know it adjusts shift points as well but with the MT I’ll have complete control of that.
Do you have control over throttle mapping and power steering boost? What about the cameras? Baja is the only mode that allows the front camera to be used at any speed. Other things that are important would be things like air bag deployment criteria, traction control, abs, etc.

Yes, I think that the "GOAT" mode thing is a gimmick and makes it easy for people who don't understand vehicle dynamics to pick the correct settings for a variety of common situations. I personally, would like to have more direct access to the mapping features in the infotainment system so that I could customize these modes to my liking personally, that would be really nice.

It would also be nice to set a default GOAT mode rather than reset to "Normal" every time.

Last edited:

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dumb question but why can’t a manual have trail turn assist?
No such thing as a dumb question. I'm not sure why Ford isn't offering Trail Turn Assist with a Manual Transmission? Since the ABS Braking is locking the rear wheel. The only thing I can think of is the ABS must not get that signal without the Auto Trans Logic in the Computer?
Sponsored