First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out the Meso hitch mount for a S1. I have one on my leased Tacoma and may buy another for my Bronco if I don’t flush mount lights in the bumper.

https://mesocustoms.com/products/hitchpod-baja-s1-light-hitch-mount

Not my pictures.

Ford Bronco Chase lights received_215522364097788

Nice! I didn't know Meso Customs made some universal products. They make really clever products for Toyota's. And most of the products with wiring have really a nice plug and play harnesses and that piggy back into the OEM harnesses and connectors.

I found this site has a reverse light plug and play kit for the Hitch Pod for Tundras & Tacomas. Hoping one day they also make a similar harness for the hitch pod specifically for the Bronco. https://hotshotoffroad.com/collections/custom-products/products/2014-tundra-hitchpod-s1-harness

It connects into the reverse light harness and has a splitter that runs to the weather pack female connector to the BD S1.

OP
OP
805BaseSquatch

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We made a really cool bracket and test fitted it today. Will clear 35s and probably 37s

Now this is exactly along the lines of what I’m thinking. Love it! Are they drilled into the tailgate?

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wanna add a rear fog light for mostly incement weather on the roads. Ford actually makes a headlight switch housing with this (and the factory wiring mostly in place on the truck)
I want to wire my Baja squadron fog to this if it can be done!

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Start reading here...
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/

Note that parts in the US have dried up. I've had the dual fog switch on order since the beginning of DECEMBER.... no ETA
FWIW I ordered one last week after talking to a nice guy at fordpartsdistributor.com who lol'd and was familiar with the backlog, said he gets a call every day or two, was still happy to go in the system and get an update, said scheduled for manufacture and will hit the channels end of March.

Sponsored

MandRautomotive

Outer Banks
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now this is exactly along the lines of what I’m thinking. Love it! Are they drilled into the tailgate?
Not at all. It uses original tailgate bolts to hold the bracket. I will put it on the website tonight

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
805BaseSquatch

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there any reason a small pod light couldn’t be mounted to the corners of the bumper?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do most people configure these for reverse lights? Wide corner or work scene version?
I wired it as a reverse light on the Tacoma, probably will do the same thing on the Bronco. With a diode harness you could also run it off an upfitter, but my truck already has the 360 lighting. I went with wide cornering, others like the work scene. I would go with wide cornering again to get the wider pattern.

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found a company called Hotshot Offroad that takes the MESO bracket and offers it in a combo with light choice and also offers harnesses to integrate into the factory wiring. They mostly offer Toyota stuff for now but looks like they have stuff for the Ranger so it shouldn't take much for them to offer more plug and play solutions. In addition, they are working on a solution which uses the trailer tow plug for another plug and play type solution. Please check out their Instagram page or their website and let them know what you want to see if you have some great ideas.

I personally would love to see something that integrates into the factory reverse lights and possible also into the rear cargo aux wire so we can use one of the aux switches.

Ford Bronco Chase lights D1477140-5DEB-454E-97E7-A868F335B4DF

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For actual "chase lights", you do not want them down low. The purpose for them is for the vehicles behind you to see you in the heavy dusty conditions. A hitch mounted version is nearly useless.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found a company called Hotshot Offroad that takes the MESO bracket and offers it in a combo with light choice and also offers harnesses to integrate into the factory wiring. They mostly offer Toyota stuff for now but looks like they have stuff for the Ranger so it shouldn't take much for them to offer more plug and play solutions. In addition, they are working on a solution which uses the trailer tow plug for another plug and play type solution. Please check out their Instagram page or their website and let them know what you want to see if you have some great ideas.

I personally would love to see something that integrates into the factory reverse lights and possible also into the rear cargo aux wire so we can use one of the aux switches.

Ford Bronco Chase lights D1477140-5DEB-454E-97E7-A868F335B4DF
I just installed this last night. The harness needs some work to better fit the OEM hitch but it works for now.
Ford Bronco Chase lights ABAA38FA-0008-4AB9-85BA-7573C17FFDE7

Ford Bronco Chase lights 05BDFDB4-2339-421A-889F-F30FFC9FA946

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed this last night. The harness needs some work to better fit the OEM hitch but it works for now.

Can you get a pic that accurately reflects what the light does to the backup camera vs without the light?

How did you wire it up?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you get a pic that accurately reflects what the light does to the backup camera vs without the light?

How did you wire it up?
I didn’t take a before picture without it but here was after. You just unplug the 7 way and add this harness in between. When your reverse lights come on it triggers the pod light.
Ford Bronco Chase lights 18D7E5EB-7485-49D7-A585-8EA04FE519DC
Sponsored