First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
your link shows them all at $39.99. Where did you see $22.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is benefit relative to simple LED strips that have much lower profile and confirm tontje contours of the cabin?

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO, you get what you pay for with lighting. My assumption is these won't last long.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered a set - I can use them on the 4 wheeler when plowing, and hey, if I need a set of chase lights I'll have something to at least throw in the back window.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I looked at and considered lights like these, let us know how well they work. I wonder about the shaking off road and the possible knocking against the glass. I hope they work well, it's an easy solution with the power right there in the cargo area. Let us know if there are any issues with opening the glass at a break in wheeling and a full write up. Photos would be great too.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I looked at and considered lights like these, let us know how well they work. I wonder about the shaking off road and the possible knocking against the glass. I hope they work well, it's an easy solution with the power right there in the cargo area. Let us know if there are any issues with opening the glass at a break in wheeling and a full write up. Photos would be great too.
So, went wheeling the other day and its a trail where I kind of do go faster as I am very familiar with it. It is also rough enough to "test" the chase lights - they performed great and even after a super rough ride the suction cups didn't lose any suction at all. I do position them at the very bottom of the glass (you can see one side in a pic I took below)
to ensure that if they do fall off they will fall directly into the trunk area and not hit the glass at all. Also, I do this for rearward visibility, since there is some reflection since the lights are mounted inside the vehicle. Opening the trunk is not an issue at all since the cable length is very long - I just tuck away the excess in the cubby hole underneath the 12 Volt socket. All in all very happy with them and still highly recommend them.

Video Link:
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/903009825

Ford Bronco REAR Chase Lights......So nice! IMG_5935
Ford Bronco REAR Chase Lights......So nice! IMG_5919

Last edited:

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMO, you get what you pay for with lighting. My assumption is these won't last long.
I agree. Every time I purchase something that is not truly trail tested, I always re-purchase the part I should have purchased the first time. SDHQ makes a rear bracket that replaces the stock and uses Baja Design brake light and S-2 lights. It may be different in other areas, but trail rattling in AZ and the surrounding states breaks and loosens many items on your vehicle.

SDHQ.chase..jpg

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. Every time I purchase something that is not truly trail tested, I always re-purchase the part I should have purchased the first time. SDHQ makes a rear bracket that replaces the stock and uses Baja Design brake light and S-2 lights. It may be different in other areas, but trail rattling in AZ and the surrounding states breaks and loosens many items on your vehicle.

Ford Bronco REAR Chase Lights......So nice! SDHQ.chase
That's a very interesting 3rd brake light. I don't think I've seen that before. Any pictures of it lit up?

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the review and info! great feed back. Those lights look to be an inexpensive way to add chase lights when needed with no wiring required, pretty cool; the power supply being right there makes it as convenient as possible. I could see using the lights during a big snow storm when up skiing too, when it's so bad that people are using their emergency flashers, being inside will keep snow off too.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jermd21

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F250 4x4; 2013 Expy 4x4; 1984 F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I stole this idea from @604Bronco. 🙂Installed Baja Designs S1 work/scene lights behind my spare tire. Very pleased with the light output. These are white but I can change the lenses to amber if I need to use them as actual chase lights.
Ford Bronco REAR Chase Lights......So nice! 1706128447504
Sponsored