Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only thing I want on base that I can't get is rear locker. (A hitch too but that is easy to add later)

The following are all calculated on B&P with only option selected being 2.7. Everything else is default. Because as long as it as A/C and cruise everything else is gravy for me.

As far as I can tell 4 options:

1. Jump to Big Bend and add as option = +$5,680
2. Squatch it =+ $5,790
3. After market = ?? Have seen estimates of $2,500?
4. Hope that Ford offers option on Base in future = for reference it is +$420 on base XL Ranger B&P (3.73) to $795 on Big Bend (4.27)

I really wish Ford would offer locking diff option on Base like they do on stripper XL Ranger and F150.. would save me about $5k.

But they don't.

So even though I only want to run 33's it seems Squatch is the way to go because of all the mechanicals it offers and resale vs after market etc. And I don't care about BB other fancy features.

Am I missing something?
Could rear locker on base be an MY22 option?
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Last edited:

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford really makes you pay for that rear locker. I've said before that I'm set on a BD trim, but I have gone through the exact same exercise you have. If the base came with a rear locker option it would be easy to select that model. If the Squatch came with a manual it would be easy to go that route. Not sure why I'm fixated on having a rear locker as I never really used it in past vehicles. I'm also hell bent on getting a manual in this vehicle.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just go Sasquatch and he done with it. You'll save yourself a massive headache and get even more for the money.

OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just go Sasquatch and he done with it. You'll save yourself a massive headache and get even more for the money.
That's the way I am leaning..

Running 33's with 4.7 gears and a 2.7 this thing will be a stoplight drag race hero

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like Broncoman13 said, "squatch it". Also mentioned if you can stretch it go with a no-option Black Diamond and then you will have a few standard sought after upgrades while keeping the price down.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice! I hadn't thought of that.. might even be able to order one from the dealer. Do we know if mounting points are all the same?
No idea.

OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford really makes you pay for that rear locker. I've said before that I'm set on a BD trim, but I have gone through the exact same exercise you have. If the base came with a rear locker option it would be easy to select that model. If the Squatch came with a manual it would be easy to go that route. Not sure why I'm fixated on having a rear locker as I never really used it in past vehicles. I'm also hell bent on getting a manual in this vehicle.
The rear locker is one of the most used features on my F150. With T/C off it makes parking lot donuts in the snow that much more fun

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice! I hadn't thought of that.. might even be able to order one from the dealer. Do we know if mounting points are all the same?
I think the 2022 Ranger will share the Bronco platform and some suspension bits. I have not researched this one; however, it sounds worth researching.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like Broncoman13 said, "squatch it". Also mentioned if you can stretch it go with a no-option Black Diamond and then you will have a few standard sought after upgrades while keeping the price down.
I looked at that too it is + $7,550 (or $1,760 on top of Squatching) but other features may be worth it

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to mention all the upgrades will be under warranty. Once you start f-ing with the axles and lockers good luck getting a dealer to cover it, best way IMHO on a brand new vehicle. If it were out of warranty I'd feel different.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I looked at that too it is + $7,550 (or $1,760 on top of Squatching) but other features may be worth it
Yep, I saw the difference, but in the long run if you plan on making any upgrades it may save you the money and make you happy.
Sponsored