Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

5:59 and 6:18 in the video shows the upper shock mounts and the lower control arm frame mounts
I think we arnt talking about the same parts. This is regarding the rear, upper control arm upper mount or frame side mount. The video shows the lower control arm mounts but the upper is hidden from view. I’d still love to see if they have their own.

C3C73A94-900B-4112-8D59-AAE5EC4D9D05.jpeg

DB404448-6086-4449-8286-24B44F6F57E5.jpeg

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

11/21 Badlands 4Dr Non-SAS MT...Not Boxed, completely stock, not off-roaded, no cracks, but don't love the rust near the weld joint.
For anyone with concerns about the rust near the welds - thought I would post this again later in this thread.

For those worried about rust, well that's gonna happen. When the welds are laid down a shielding gas is used which is a mixture or argon & co2. The weld wire contains silica, during the weld it is not uncommon for shielding gas to combine with the silica which then floats to the top as an oxide. These oxide "islands" are known to prevent good adhesion to the protective paint, which is why we see rust. Fear not, you can look under vehicles built by BMW, Mercedes, Ford etc and they will all have rust on the frame or cradle. Even when they only have a 500 miles. OEM's spend a ton of money and time on development of durability frames that reveal how the salt, rocks, and wear and tear effects the durability of a frame.

Or more simply, you could trail your truck, hit a rock and knock the paint off. Rust is gonna happen on the frame.

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same cracking. 😔 I guess it's a badge of honor at this point. She ain't babied, she's used...

Guess I'll be boxing mine in soon.

Ford Bronco Check this NOW if you have a 2021 Bronco -- cracks on rear control arm upper brackets 20240124_170054

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same cracking. 😔 I guess it's a badge of honor at this point. She ain't babied, she's used...

Guess I'll be boxing mine in soon.

Ford Bronco Check this NOW if you have a 2021 Bronco -- cracks on rear control arm upper brackets 20240124_170054
Can I have your specs on suspension including rear control arms and tire size? TY! Would also love to see the sticker with frame build date under the driver door on the frame.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can I have your specs on suspension including rear control arms and tire size? TY! Would also love to see the sticker with frame build date under the driver door on the frame.
I got Core 4x4 adjustable control arms, upper and lower, Eibach Pro Truck 2.0 Coilovers, 35x10.50R17's...

Sticker:
Ford Bronco Check this NOW if you have a 2021 Bronco -- cracks on rear control arm upper brackets 20240124_171656

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm thinking order the simple parts nut plate/captive nut present on the capped version and use some 1/4", box that puppy in and use the new captive nut insert....basically mimicking what Ford did on the revision but in a bit thicker metal.
Plus most of my scrap I can get readily is all 1/4" and thicker, so it's an easy decision for me.
When you do it, post pics or start a thread on how/what you did.

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How is everything so clean on your 2021??!
Its a 22 built in 21 and the photo was taken with 5-6 miles on it 2 years ago.

Sponsored

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is correct, the date the frame is made is not the same as the day the truck rolls off the assembly line. Even with a hurried launch it will take days to get a finished frame to Ford assembly and then built into a vehicle.

So far it seems the issues are 21 broncos only so I would guess there was an early rev change. I have some thoughts on this but will see if I can find some history on changes to that part first.

For those worried about rust, well that's gonna happen. When the welds are laid down a shielding gas is used which is a mixture or argon & co2. The weld wire contains silica, during the weld it is not uncommon for shielding gas to combine with the silica which then floats to the top as an oxide. These oxide "islands" are known to prevent good adhesion to the protective paint, which is why we see rust. Fear not, you can look under vehicles built by BMW, Mercedes, Ford etc and they will all have rust on the frame or cradle. Even when they only have a 500 miles.

Or more simply, you could trail your truck, hit a rock and knock the paint off. Rust is gonna happen on the frame.
Great summation.. You must be a welder from way back 🤓

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, it’s on the list for my Sept 2021 BB … Cleaned her once this winter and hope that held .. 😅

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For anyone with concerns about the rust near the welds - thought I would post this again later in this thread.

For those worried about rust, well that's gonna happen. When the welds are laid down a shielding gas is used which is a mixture or argon & co2. The weld wire contains silica, during the weld it is not uncommon for shielding gas to combine with the silica which then floats to the top as an oxide. These oxide "islands" are known to prevent good adhesion to the protective paint, which is why we see rust. Fear not, you can look under vehicles built by BMW, Mercedes, Ford etc and they will all have rust on the frame or cradle. Even when they only have a 500 miles. OEM's spend a ton of money and time on development of durability frames that reveal how the salt, rocks, and wear and tear effects the durability of a frame.

This.

Many of us that live in the road salt states take the time to do a spring and fall once-over with rust converter and Fluid Film on their rigs with welded frames.
Sponsored