Chemical Guys Kit?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Griot's garage is a better alternative than CG, even though CG is also a decent brand of products, IMO.

Pressure washer will come in handy also in the future if you plan to wheel it in any mud at all.
I have an attachment on wheels that connects to wash off the undercarriage and it is well worth the roughly $40 or so I think it cost me.
I've never used a home foam gun of any sort, always handwashed. But intrigued now by this thread.
Sponsored

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronco is a mid size SUV. It will fit in a car wash just fine, even with squatch, lmao.

The question is do you want to swirl your paint up with an auto wash, that’s a different discussion and depends how obsessive you are about the paint.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco is a mid size SUV. It will fit in a car wash just fine, even with squatch, lmao.

The question is do you want to swirl your paint up with an auto wash, that’s a different discussion and depends how obsessive you are about the paint.
Just going by the manual. I guess you can do a touchless but regardless I still want something to do it at home. The chemical guys kit for $100 seems to have most everything I would need to start from scratch.

carwash.jpg

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I personally like Adams products. Check em out at adamspolishes.com
I too am an Adam’s guy 👍 bought a whole slew of stuff ready for the bronco. Anxious to try out the new advanced ceramic coating!

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since I am getting the SASQ, I will not be able to have it washed at a car wash, which is what I usually have done so far. I assume I can not wash it at home due to to hard water, is that correct?
I have hard water too… it’s fine, you just gotta dry it right away otherwise you’ll have really ugly water spots on your paint

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve used a lot of CG products, and they continue to be my go-to brand.

But unless you simply enjoy the process of detailing (or love the smell of carnauba wax, which I would totally understand), let me save you some time and money:

Go straight to their line of Hydro products.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/hydro-line.html

It’s a partial-ceramic line that is simply remarkable. My detailing experience goes back the Zaino Bros. stuff from the early 2000s. Nothing I’ve used is as easy and effective as CG’s Hydro line.

* Wash your new Bronco with Dawn to strip anything from the factory.
* Clay bar (I still prefer Meguiar’s clay here).
* Apply HydroCharge.
* If you really want to make it pop, apply HydroSlick on top.

* For maintenance, wash with HydroSuds and finish with HydroSpeed.

I have no affiliation with CG, but I have pretty much stopped using all competing products after discovering this stuff. It’s that good.

As others have said, using good mitts and good applicators is important, as well.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone here have ceramic coating experience? I spoke with a highly recommended guy yesterday and he gave me LOTS of info and even has me thinking not to do it. I don't have a garage and my Bronco will be right beside and even under some Oak branches. He was telling me that you really need to keep on top of it...drying car off after it rains, cleaning off bird poop, insect splatter, etc. as soon as you see it. He flat out said it may not be the best solution, which I appreciated. I don't let my cars rust or get a year of gook build-up, but I know with 100% certainty that I am not the guy out there cleaning and detailing my vehicle every chance I get.

I'm mostly concerned about the hood, so I'm now thinking of getting ppf on the hood and possibly front quarters. Would love to get some feedback on people who have their vehicle ceramic coated. Thanks!

Sponsored

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking for more micro towels. Which have you tried/recommend from this site?

Just get the mega bag from Costco. Remember to remove the tags as they can scratch.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far I have used CG watermelon car wash soap and tire conditioner. I love the soap it cuts through almost all the dirt and grime on my wheels with out needing degreaser. The tire shine is really nice too far better products then the stuff of Walmarts shelf.

Once I take delivery of my Bronco, I will CG clay bar and ceramic coating the paint.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone here have ceramic coating experience? I spoke with a highly recommended guy yesterday and he gave me LOTS of info and even has me thinking not to do it. I don't have a garage and my Bronco will be right beside and even under some Oak branches. He was telling me that you really need to keep on top of it...drying car off after it rains, cleaning off bird poop, insect splatter, etc. as soon as you see it. He flat out said it may not be the best solution, which I appreciated. I don't let my cars rust or get a year of gook build-up, but I know with 100% certainty that I am not the guy out there cleaning and detailing my vehicle every chance I get.

I'm mostly concerned about the hood, so I'm now thinking of getting ppf on the hood and possibly front quarters. Would love to get some feedback on people who have their vehicle ceramic coated. Thanks!
You’ll get a lot of differing opinions on ceramic. My thoughts (and take them for the zero dollars you paid):

* Professional ceramic is really expensive. IMO you’re better off paying that money for some strategic PPF in high-impact areas.

* Amateur pure ceramic is hard to apply correctly. That’s why I favor the CG Hydro line I discuss above. It applies really easily and protects well.

* To maintain your finish, even with professional ceramic, you need to hand wash your rig regularly. Use lots of suds and lots of water. And be careful drying, as this is where a lot of micro-scratches occur.

* I only use touchless car washes when I need a quick clean. They’re not as effective as the touch washes, but they also don’t hurt your paint over time.

* Ceramic won’t prevent pinstriping. Self-healing PPF will. Just something to keep in mind.

I always chuckle when someone ”brags” about washing their rig once a year. Overlanding and off-roading are not incompatible with taking good care of your vehicle‘s exterior.

Last edited:

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

one of my neighbours works for them in some management capacity... he drives a car with chemical guys plastered everywhere and on his license plate. ive used there products a few times, one of my friends swear by them

fortunately my buddy owns a ceramic pro shop and does detailing. he just came out with his own line of products that hes going to use on my bronco when i take it there for PPF and tinting.
What kind of quote did you get for the PPF on your Bronco? I plan on having my entire 2-door First Edition wrapped when I get it end of month.