Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Clicking in sand mode, it only happens sometimes. I feel it at my (drivers) feet. Leads me to think CV axle but everything looks fine upon visual inspection.
Last time it happened I was on pretty loose sand. Could it be binding still? I am pretty sure I had the lockers turned off.
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the IWEā€™s are not engaged properly in 4wd could cause a clicking. I havenā€™t looked but assume these have IWEā€™s like the rest of Fordā€™s 4w drives.

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The IWEā€™s are not engaged properly in 4wd could cause a clicking. I havenā€™t looked but assume these have IWEā€™s like the rest of Fordā€™s 4w drives.
Only raptors use IWEs

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does this happen only when turning at speed in sand?

Max1h

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-150, 1968 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this same issue since day1, had ford check on it and said everything was fine, only happened in 4wd and not even under loads.

Fast foward a few months later - Turns out the entire front dif was falling apart - I got a pinion seal leak and when they took everything apart, according to the tech it looked as if the Dif was never built correctly and they ended up replcing the entire front diff. Took about 2 weeks to get the part.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FstFrd00

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fast foward a few months later - Turns out the entire front dif was falling apart - I got a pinion seal leak and when they took everything apart, according to the tech it looked as if the Dif was never built correctly and they ended up replcing the entire front diff. Took about 2 weeks to get the part.
Well thats no fun.... was a pinon seal leak the other evidence you had a of messed up front diff?

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2nd time was letting the ruts guide me in the sand, yes.
I think this is normal but I could be wrong. It clicks in the front wheels while turning at speed in loose sand or when the wheel is turned back into a rut at speed, almost like Trail Turn Assist clicks but less. I have heard it many times and have not experienced codes or issues.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was just in the sand dunes this past weekend. Definitely heard clicking while ramping around. I thought it was the 4wd. No engine lights no codes no performance issues. Figured it was normal or part of the 4wd distribution (mechanical sounds). I was in sand mode. It happened most when I was doing donuts or really giving it gas.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clicking in sand mode, it only happens sometimes. I feel it at my (drivers) feet. Leads me to think CV axle but everything looks fine upon visual inspection.
Last time it happened I was on pretty loose sand. Could it be binding still? I am pretty sure I had the lockers turned off.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.