First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP - I get a similar issue on the street (and it might very well be the same issue) all the time, and especially after OTA updates. Any loss of traction and it goes into full tilt limp mode. It's so annoying that it keeps me from wanting to even go off road, if it can't even handle quick acceleration from a stop through a turn, for example. It's not picky on when it might happen, either. It happens with or without my Sprint Booster enabled. It's happened in 2WD dry roads eco, normal, etc. It's happened in 4A slippery when in torrential rain or in snow. I'll get a few days of a week's time after an update where it just acts stupid with the tiniest bit of traction lost. I have to shut down, fake getting out, count 30 seconds after lights dim out, fake getting back in, start up and back to normal. I have none of the grinding noises either. One minute it runs like a raped ape with Sprint Booster in Sport mode and tires can even break loose, the next minute (usually after an update) it will go into limp mode turning out of my freakin' driveway on a damp road. I have noticed it is usually cold outdoor and engine temps when this happens, but it's not exclusive during my 15 months of ownership.

The next time it happens to you, do the reset I described and see if it goes back to normal until the next limp mode engages. If you take yours in, I'd love to hear back if they were able to recreate the issue and what they think it could be.
I have yet to have it happen on dry pavement. But I’m going to the beach tonight. That is interesting that you notice an issue after an update. I hadn’t thought of that yet. It seems like our issues could be related. I’m a salesman at the ford dealer where I bought my bronco, so I do have the ability to drop it off throughout the day to get checked on. My service dept has had it in for several hours after it started acting up. The main thing is they can’t duplicate the issue once I’m back from the beach. I have to take a tech out to the beach to see what happens. The problem is, FMC won’t just approve the techs hours for working on it, unless it falls under their system of elimination to diagnose it. My service manager has already agreed to let one of his techs come out so I’ll give an update next week sometime. I just hope we can figure this issue out so that others don’t have to deal with it anymore. I just have a feeling that it’s a bad sensor somewhere. Thanks for he reply!
Sponsored

OP
OP
JaredWilm28401

JaredWilm28401

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't offer any insight as to your problem but out of curiosity what beach do you go to, Fort Fisher?
My OBX is scheduled for production next month and once I get it Fort Fisher will be my first destination.
Yessir, fort Fischer is where I’ve been taking it. Nobody else has been having this exact issue, which makes me think it has to do with my setup (2.3L/Manual)
Also- if you ordered from Capital Ford of Wilmington, and you don’t have a salesperson that you’re working with, I can keep you updated on your build. I’m a salesman there. Just DM me 👍🏼

OP
OP
JaredWilm28401

JaredWilm28401

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is unusual sounding. So it drives fine, no lights, then after a few minutes you get a sudden change and then the lights pop up?

I've had beach days with my Bronco friends at Fort Fisher (pretty deep soft sand out there) all but one of us on 3.73 gears w/no lockers.. one of which has 37s & a 2.3 and she bombs through the sand easier than all of us, lol.. so it's not the physical combination of your setup, unless it's something with the manual trans. We drove the whole distance of the beach which is quite long with noone experiencing anything like you are describing.
Thanks for the reply! And yes. That’s exactly what happens unfortunately. After I round the turn and start driving south, around 400-500 yards it starts acting up. Exact same spot every time. Then I’ll got into the first pullout to the right, she starts driving fine after a few minutes. Then boom, back to throwing a fit in the deep sand. It’s somehow applying the brakes, which are already squeaking, from what I can only relate to this issue at 800 miles.

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yessir, fort Fischer is where I’ve been taking it. Nobody else has been having this exact issue, which makes me think it has to do with my setup (2.3L/Manual)
Also- if you ordered from Capital Ford of Wilmington, and you don’t have a salesperson that you’re working with, I can keep you updated on your build. I’m a salesman there. Just DM me 👍🏼
Hey thanks for the offer on build updates, but I ordered through Jones in Shallotte. Any idea why I can't track my order? All I get is the " We're sorry. We are unable to process this Order. Please enter a valid Ford Order/VIN" message.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
When this happens does the gas pedal feel like it does when traction control is working?

You can definitely feel the power reduction when they kick in

Just to clear one possible problem have you tried running 93 octane , just to see if it’s motor related ( as in power reduction due to heat )

Sounds like your anti lock tho

Sponsored
OP
OP
JaredWilm28401

JaredWilm28401

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey thanks for the offer on build updates, but I ordered through Jones in Shallotte. Any idea why I can't track my order? All I get is the " We're sorry. We are unable to process this Order. Please enter a valid Ford Order/VIN" message.
No worries.
You’ll need your order number and your VIN.
Then click here
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP, while your tire/gearing is a little less than ideal, you still should have no problem in "low range".
I don't know the sequence of the events but try it out in low range first before things have a chance to heat up. Hoping for the best for you!

OP
OP
JaredWilm28401

JaredWilm28401

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When this happens does the gas pedal feel like it does when traction control is working?

You can definitely feel the power reduction when they kick in

Just to clear one possible problem have you tried running 93 octane , just to see if it’s motor related ( as in power reduction due to heat )

Sounds like your anti lock tho
My first tank was premium and I experienced the same issue.
When I hit the gas it certainly feels like it’s bogging down but I just don’t know if it’s cutting the gas or applying my brakes.

OP
OP
JaredWilm28401

JaredWilm28401

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP, while your tire/gearing is a little less than ideal, you still should have no problem in "low range".
I don't know the sequence of the events but try it out in low range first before things have a chance to heat up. Hoping for the best for you!
Unfortunately I get the same results in low range.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately I get the same results in low range.
Something isn't right then.
Can you take somebody (a buddy with the knowledge of 4x4's would be a plus) with you and have them get out of the vehicle and see if they can tell what's going on?

Sponsored

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No worries.
You’ll need your order number and your VIN.
Then click here
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
Thanks, but that's where I get the error message when entering order number and VIN. I cleared the cookies/cache as others suggested and even a different browser. Still doesn't work for me. I'll call customer service next week.
Maybe I'll see you at the beach this summer. Look for the blue OBX...hopefully not stuck in the sand!

OP
OP
JaredWilm28401

JaredWilm28401

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Something isn't right then.
Can you take somebody (a buddy with the knowledge of 4x4's would be a plus) with you and have them get out of the vehicle and see if they can tell what's going on?
My service manager is letting me bring a tech out for a test drive next week at the beach. He’s been with us for 20 plus years so this will be my best shot at figuring this thing.
I just want to go play with my toy already lol!

OP
OP
JaredWilm28401

JaredWilm28401

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, but that's where I get the error message when entering order number and VIN. I cleared the cookies/cache as others suggested and even a different browser. Still doesn't work for me. I'll call customer service next week.
Maybe I'll see you at the beach this summer. Look for the blue OBX...hopefully not stuck in the sand!
You won’t be stuck haha!
I’ll ask my Sales Manager if we can track other dealers orders (I’m pretty sure we can) if you DM me your VIN and order number 👍🏼

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My service manager is letting me bring a tech out for a test drive next week at the beach. He’s been with us for 20 plus years so this will be my best shot at figuring this thing.
I just want to go play with my toy already lol!
Sounds like a good day to be a tech! Good luck!

Greg2060

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You won’t be stuck haha!
I’ll ask my Sales Manager if we can track other dealers orders (I’m pretty sure we can) if you DM me your VIN and order number 👍🏼
Thanks, but I'll pester my salesman with that task. That's what he's getting paid for! :)
Sponsored