Sponsored

clicking, mechanical noise footwell area.. video is me in a parking lot going in normal circles not tight circles

• Thread starter Deleted member 41389
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello FMC. I’m experiencing the same noise. The tech at my dealership (Fullerton Ford) think it’s the ABS module actuating but the noise still occurred without traction control on. It’s a clunky noise when making a left U-Turn. My vin # is 1MFDE5AP6NLA76349. Video attached. Thank You.
Any resolution to that sound? I only get that sound while turning at speed in loose sand, thought it was normal but hearing yours on pavement makes me think there might be something to look into.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any resolution to that sound? I only get that sound while turning at speed in loose sand, thought it was normal but hearing yours on pavement makes me think there might be something to look into.
It’s the ABS engaging due to loss of traction or stability control

Last edited:

KaiBN

Badlands
First Name
Ikaika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% ABS. But there is no reason this should be loud like this. Seems like a defective part that needs a recall.

Maybe not a function issue but it’s a form issue. No abs module should be this loud.

Fumey

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same noise here, only noticable in snow/sand. Base, no lift.

KaiBN

Badlands
First Name
Ikaika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just helping with a support video. When I go to dealership I will sort and repost. Video attached.

Sponsored

KaiBN

Badlands
First Name
Ikaika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All;

I went for a ride with one of their techs. They did indeed confirm that the noise was in fact coming from the ABS module. They have heard one other Bronco 2022 with the same noise. But noted that there are no updates from Ford if the sound is normal operation or if there is a failure. Their experience with Broncos is limited.

He noted that it isn't a noise they hear from other Fords and would need some guidance from Ford engineers as to a proper repair, if any.

One scenario he said that would cause the ABS module to engage. Tire sizes being incorrect. (I've updated mine in ProCal and also had noise with stock time/rim setup).

While I understand that ABS modules make noise; I feel this is excessive and worry the metallic noise would lead to a safety failure of the system. I've had warnings come up during hard braking.

But since there are NO CODES.... What I'm hearing is that this issue is "NEW" and they have no idea if this sound is "NORMAL" or something that needs repair.

Forums like this would be helpful for other owners to chime in; Example: I have a 2022 4DR Bronco 2.3 and this noise doesn't happen when my ABS module engages..

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All;

I went for a ride with one of their techs. They did indeed confirm that the noise was in fact coming from the ABS module. They have heard one other Bronco 2022 with the same noise. But noted that there are no updates from Ford if the sound is normal operation or if there is a failure. Their experience with Broncos is limited.

He noted that it isn't a noise they hear from other Fords and would need some guidance from Ford engineers as to a proper repair, if any.

One scenario he said that would cause the ABS module to engage. Tire sizes being incorrect. (I've updated mine in ProCal and also had noise with stock time/rim setup).

While I understand that ABS modules make noise; I feel this is excessive and worry the metallic noise would lead to a safety failure of the system. I've had warnings come up during hard braking.

But since there are NO CODES.... What I'm hearing is that this issue is "NEW" and they have no idea if this sound is "NORMAL" or something that needs repair.

Forums like this would be helpful for other owners to chime in; Example: I have a 2022 4DR Bronco 2.3 and this noise doesn't happen when my ABS module engages..
Most cars make a similar noise when the ABS is engaged. The noise the Bronco makes is hardly any different. It’s just a symptom of normal operation. If it was going to lead to any failure or safety concern, we would have already seen it by now.

KaiBN

Badlands
First Name
Ikaika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally understand your point. But this noise happens even unde sharp turning and uneven terrain.

does your bronco make the same noise as posted in other people’s videos?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Totally understand your point. But this noise happens even unde sharp turning and uneven terrain.

does your bronco make the same noise as posted in other people’s videos?
Yep, same exact noise. It uses ABS for stability control also which explains it making noise in other scenarios
Sponsored