First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150, 2015 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took ownership of my 2021 Bronco 2.7 3 days ago. I have noticed after driving the vehicle and while it’s parked in the garage it makes a clicking noise (coming from engine bay). Wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if it’s normal. I haven’t reached out to my dealership to ask, since none of them are owners of a Bronco. Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks Bronco community!
Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2.3 does that. Like a relay click? I'll have my door open working on the stereo or something and it will randomly click like that. These new vehicles are never truly "off" always some kind of hibernation state or ready to start state. Maybe it senses the key getting close to it or away from it and starts activating/deactivating stuff.

Unless its your catalytic converter cooling off which would be a less mechanical sounding click.

OP
OP
FireGuy1182

FireGuy1182

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, like a relay click. I’m glad I’m not the only one and it sounds like it is normal. Would you recommend keeping the key fob farther away? The fob is stored currently maybe 10-15 feet away. Thanks for your opinion and suggestions.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, like a relay click. I’m glad I’m not the only one and it sounds like it is normal. Would you recommend keeping the key fob farther away? The fob is stored currently maybe 10-15 feet away. Thanks for your opinion and suggestions.
I keep mine out of the vehicle. My wife’s infinity, if the key is left in it, the battery drains by the next day so not sure what best practice is. I play it safe and just throw it in my key/wallet basket inside.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine does the same thing. I can hear it when I am in the garage and after turning off the vehicle. Definitely seems normal and not something wrong with the vehicle.

Sponsored

Dune_Runner

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Glad other people are hearing the same and I am not crazy. Our Ford Explorer doesn’t do it. I agree that sounds like a relay switch mechanical sound. I was thinking it was the key fob too close and was going to test if it does it the next time I drive it.

OP
OP
FireGuy1182

FireGuy1182

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yah, I thought I was crazy too. Then the wife heard it last night and said is that normal? We leave our keys hanging in the mudroom/laundry room which is the first room off the garage. But it’s pretty close. We have heard that with all this new technology and key fobs that you should store your fobs farther away.
I guess I’ll try to move the fob and see if I still hear the noise. Thanks and enjoys those Broncos!

side note: I just love the stares from all the Jeep owners! It’s priceless!

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With more electronic gizmos and gadgets, the ignition switch isn't in control. Some modules go through a shutdown process after ignition off. After they shut down or the shutdown times out, the relays kick off to prevent battery drain.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The exhaust system will click as it cools and contracts as well. If it sounds very metallic and hollow it is likely your exhaust; if it’s a duller sound it will be relays.

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The engine bay does that clicking even when the fob is far away, btw. It clicked more frequently the first couple of weeks. At first, we almost started calling it Herbie.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The sound of metal cooling and shrinking as it cools? That’s normal. Unless it’s something else.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I keep mine out of the vehicle. My wife’s infinity, if the key is left in it, the battery drains by the next day so not sure what best practice is. I play it safe and just throw it in my key/wallet basket inside.
Leaving the key in it or close to it won’t make a difference. I own 3 2019 or newer fords. The explorer makes the most racket after you open a door or just get out of it.

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol I am currently sitting in garage, bronco in driveway and am hearing it also, then I googled it and this thread came up. Glad I’m not the only one

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. Noticed it again this evening about 15 min after I got home and was standing in the yard. Made me think, why the heck is it still “shutting down” this long after I got home?
Sponsored