sasquatches

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Couple weeks ago I’ve heard loud clicking noise coming around the brake pedal when the engine was not running. It clicked once 10mins after engine shutdown and another time 20mins after engine shutdown. It sounded like some kind of switch, relay, or solenoid was operation. I thought it must be some kind of self check or shutdown sequence, so I didn’t worry too much about it.

Today, I was working on my driveway next to my bronco. I heard the same noise again. I heard at least 5 times within an hour. It was hours after It got shutdown and locked.

The key was not in my pocket, so it was not because it detected the key or something.

Also, I would hear a clicking noise coming from the brake pedal every morning when I touch the pedal for the first time on start up.

is this normal? Did Anyone experience this same?
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The noises your hearing after shutdown are the relays for various battery saver features etc. Completely normal. It is not your brake switch, although it sounds the same. My brake pedal makes the same loud click every morning.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I am moving/working around or on my bronco with fob nearby, all sorts of clicks randomly occur. I’ve had two broncos now. Both did/do it. Normal

OP
OP

sasquatches

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I am moving/working around or on my bronco with fob nearby, all sorts of clicks randomly occur. I’ve had two broncos now. Both did/do it. Normal
Ooooh…maybe it’s the perimeter defense system lol

good to hear it’s normal. Thanks

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normal, the gremlins are just getting comfortable.
Sponsored