Sponsored

clicking, mechanical noise footwell area.. video is me in a parking lot going in normal circles not tight circles

• Thread starter Deleted member 41389
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership said it’s normal due to weight distribution when making a U Turn over bumps or downhill U Turn. They are ordering a clock spring part to try remedy but it’s on back order. This noise is not a normal noise for new vehicle with 19K miles.
LMAO absolutely not normal.

My Bronco, My buddies Bronco, My mothers Bronco

None of ours make this noise.

God I love how much dealerships lie.

For what its worth, I think maybe this is CV joint related?
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My brand new 2023 badlands 2.7l makes a noise when I walk up to it or unlock it. Its like an actuator or something that is turning on. It’s definitely a slight clicking sound followed by a slight hmm sound and then it stops. Lasts about 5 seconds then stops. This all happens before I even turn the engine on. I figured this was normal and just the vehicle getting ready to turn on? Is this not normal. It dosnt happen when driving. Only when Im about to turn the vehicle on. 340miles on the dash as of now.

Daxe44

Outer Banks
First Name
Dax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

traction turned off,, taking a left onto a side street...
22 model 2 door 2.7 with 199 miles
Did you get this figured out? Mine is lifted with larger tires so wondering the same. Exact same sound. Thought it might be the ABS trying to engage

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My brand new 2023 badlands 2.7l makes a noise when I walk up to it or unlock it. Its like an actuator or something that is turning on. It’s definitely a slight clicking sound followed by a slight hmm sound and then it stops. Lasts about 5 seconds then stops. This all happens before I even turn the engine on. I figured this was normal and just the vehicle getting ready to turn on? Is this not normal. It dosnt happen when driving. Only when Im about to turn the vehicle on. 340miles on the dash as of now.
Yes, that is normal. Essentially 'waking up' the Bronco.
What OP is experiencing is not normal.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did anyone get a resolution to this issue? I have the same problem and was reading about using ForScan to update the software to accommodate larger tires and relearning the ABS module etc. any help appreciated
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

Daxe44

Outer Banks
First Name
Dax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
VIN 1FMEE5BP1NLB63319
Bartow Ford. Thanks

AntGar55

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello FMC. I’m experiencing the same noise. The tech at my dealership (Fullerton Ford) think it’s the ABS module actuating but the noise still occurred without traction control on. It’s a clunky noise when making a left U-Turn. My vin # is 1MFDE5AP6NLA76349. Video attached. Thank You.

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heard the same noise for the first time while parking. I thought it’s the internal ac vents actuating to on off position. Not sure what’s going on

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Heard the same noise for the first time while parking. I thought it’s the internal ac vents actuating to on off position. Not sure what’s going on
Good afternoon! If you send us a DM with your VIN and local Ford dealer info, I can look into your noise concern on my end.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello FMC. I’m experiencing the same noise. The tech at my dealership (Fullerton Ford) think it’s the ABS module actuating but the noise still occurred without traction control on. It’s a clunky noise when making a left U-Turn. My vin # is 1MFDE5AP6NLA76349. Video attached. Thank You.
Fyi, to completely turn off TC, you have to hokd the button down for like 5 seconds....maybe try that?

Charles Miller

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue with my 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands. Only the lift front side and when turning sharply. My noise started the first time I went off-road, under 1000 miles. The dealer was unable to reproduce the sound, so they did nothing. It's so embarrassing to give my family and friends rides while it makes this horrible noise. Please Ford, fit this!

KaiBN

Badlands
First Name
Ikaika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited: