Sponsored

"Close" Warning Display - How to Disable?

BruceAZ

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands/Sas, 04 Jeep Rucicon, 85 MB Gwagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet this is a dumb question due to my lack of appreciation for all the technology on this Bronco, but I've searched the owners printed and the internal manual and can not find the answer - or am just too dense to recognize it.
When I use the Bronco in one of it's intended uses (off road 4x4) I am frequently on narrow roads with trees or brush very close or touching the vehicle. The display then gives me a big warning that tells me I am close to something. Yeah, really? I want to be and I don't need you to nag me about it over and over.
Please, can someone who understands this modern tech better than me tell me how to disable or turn off these warnings?
Thanks.
Sponsored

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can turn off the parking sensors on your center console and in the settings in the Sync 4,

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Page 240 of the owners manual

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you not go through all the selections on your infotainment center? Namely "features", "drivers assistance".

OP
OP

BruceAZ

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands/Sas, 04 Jeep Rucicon, 85 MB Gwagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
THANK YOU both! It makes sense now - has to do with a parking assist. Since I don't need it for that, I will turn it off permanently. It will be sooo nice not to get that warning anymore!

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Parking Assist button is to the right of the Auto-Start-Stop button. Like that one, it will disable the sensors during that Start sequence. It resets after you turn the Bronco off. (‘P’ with cone)

Ford Bronco "Close" Warning Display - How to Disable? IMG_3511

At the Bronco Off-Roadeo, our assigned Wildtrak had mud on the bumper that made the sensor NUTS. Pressing this button made it all stop.

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Parking Assist button is to the right of the Auto-Start-Stop button. Like that one, it will disable the sensors during that Start sequence. It resets after you turn the Bronco off. (‘P’ with cone)

At the Bronco Off-Roadeo, our assigned Wildtrak had mud on the bumper that made the sensor NUTS. Pressing this button made it all stop.
What do all them fancy buttons do? Technology is so confusing. I like the blue things, how do those work, do you squeeze those or pull on them?
My favorite color is potato.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What do all them fancy buttons do? Technology is so confusing. I like the blue things, how do those work, do you squeeze those or pull on them?
Potato?
Knob rings are decorative, they just press on. Leaning into the blue accents on the Wildtrak.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet this is a dumb question due to my lack of appreciation for all the technology on this Bronco, but I've searched the owners printed and the internal manual and can not find the answer - or am just too dense to recognize it.
When I use the Bronco in one of it's intended uses (off road 4x4) I am frequently on narrow roads with trees or brush very close or touching the vehicle. The display then gives me a big warning that tells me I am close to something. Yeah, really? I want to be and I don't need you to nag me about it over and over.
Please, can someone who understands this modern tech better than me tell me how to disable or turn off these warnings?
Thanks.
Thank you for this question OP. I’ve just been dealing with the dings on the trails, and thought it was just going to stay that way. Now that I know I can turn them off WooHoo 🥳

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really enjoy it when a post makes me produce an audible laugh. “ My favorite color is potato” accomplished that. Thanks for the chuckle.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you turn them off in the settings menu on the radio they are off even on restart.
Sponsored