Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I couldn’t find this anywhere so I figured I’d post it. If you have a big dog riding shotgun or are driving around on your farm where a seatbelt isn’t needed and the seatbelt chime is bugging you it is easy to disable.
Ever since I had my Bronco in the shop where they did a bunch of ForScan (like) updates, I have not been able to use the procedure in the manual (Page 56, if you want to look) to disable this. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting this alternative solution. Worked like a charm.

I'm more likely to wear the seatbelt if I don't have that chime nagging me to do so. (My choice, not enforced). Much appreciated!
Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ever since I had my Bronco in the shop where they did a bunch of ForScan (like) updates, I have not been able to use the procedure in the manual (Page 56, if you want to look) to disable this. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting this alternative solution. Worked like a charm.

I'm more likely to wear the seatbelt if I don't have that chime nagging me to do so. (My choice, not enforced). Much appreciated!
Why didn’t you just have the no seat-belt charm disabled in FORSCAN when you had it in? (That’s what I did)

Edit: Maybe because it was the dealership that did it….

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This doesn’t seem to work for the raptor. Anybody know a work around yet?
Bummer forscan may be your only options then. Are you waiting for the light to come back on? It seems like forever. I wonder if the Raptor has it in a settings menu either on dash or on the touchscreen.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So....just in case, how do you UNDO this (get it back to factory setting)?

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Bummer forscan may be your only options then. Are you waiting for the light to come back on? It seems like forever. I wonder if the Raptor has it in a settings menu either on dash or on the touchscreen.
Never saw it in the settings, I waited a long time and the light never turned off let alone come back on. Tried numerous times and failed.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So....just in case, how do you UNDO this (get it back to factory setting)?
Same procedure will reenable the chime. I did it in my Flex for driving around jobsites

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Never saw it in the settings, I waited a long time and the light never turned off let alone come back on. Tried numerous times and failed.
It seems like forever when you’re waiting on it. Maybe ford for wise to it.

thatch11b

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 DR Softtop
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the info. Did it tonight.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve always equated this process to trying to say yes while shaking my head no. However, backing up to trailers or backing trailers is a bad time to have the truck screaming at me. Damnit, I know I’m not belted in! I’m in on this wheneverthehell Bronco arrives.
Done. Thank you for the process.

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same issue raptor and it doesn’t work.

Sponsored

Twisted Optix

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I couldn’t find this anywhere so I figured I’d post it. If you have a big dog riding shotgun or are driving around on your farm where a seatbelt isn’t needed and the seatbelt chime is bugging you it is easy to disable.

1) Sit in the seat you want to disable the chime for. (you will have to do it individually for all seatbelts you want to disable)

2) Push the ignition button with the key in the truck and without pressing the brake pedal. (So the ignition is on without the truck running)

3) Wait for the seatbelt light to go out.

4) As soon as the seatbelt light goes out buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3 or 4 times until the seatbelt light comes back on.

5) Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt one last time, the seatbelt light will flash a few times letting you know you did it right.
Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Twisted Optix

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It takes about 45-60 seconds for the light to turn off initially. It worked for my driver and passenger seats, but not for the back seats. Which is probably good so my kids don't sneak their belts off!:LOL:
Sponsored