First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here's my worst one, imagine going hunting, jumping out to close the gate, closing the door, and HONK HONK watching the deer just run.
What did you think I meant when I said “wildlife viewing?” Here I am trying to keep it clean, you know, “for the children” . . . But yes, leave a 7.3 diesel running and they don’t care you are there. Shut it off, and whatever you are “ viewing “ takes off for the next county.
Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my worst one, imagine going hunting, jumping out to close the gate, closing the door, and HONK HONK watching the deer just run.
No need to imagine. That scenario replays in my mind like my first marriage. Nothing will repress those memories.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know you can leave the door open while doing these things, but it doesn't take gale-force winds to blow them shut.
Mine honks regardless of door open or closed. Ironically it allowed me to lock the keys in it once without "saying" a damn thing. I'm sure I deserved that though.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All these things you guys are talking about I was able to adjust in the settings. I sat in the dealer parking lot for probably 20 min playing with settings before I took off.

the missing key double honk warning you’re talking about can also be disabled in the settings
Where? Did I miss it? Thanks.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Glad to know this procedure still works. I just did it on the F150 at work recently, and one of my concerns was that the code wouldn't carry over to newer vehicles like the Bronco

Sponsored

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The chimes this bronco makes might be the most annoying I’ve heard in a vehicle in recent memory.

Last edited:

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Didn't work for me. Build info in my signature.

On a side note, when I read this fix I literally immediately jumped up from my desk and ran outside to try it I was so excited lol! The lights double blinked and I thought I was home free! Cranked it and shut the door........... **HONK HONK!!** WHYYYYYYYYYYY????? Lololol!!!
lol...I did the same...now I wonder what did change after the lights double blinked.

DreamFolise

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep Scrambler, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, are you my dude soon to be friend in Plainfield? I had a guy reach out that he'd be happy to Forscan fix mine, if it ever comes.....in my bookmarks somewhere. I'm in St. Charles.
If you ever find out who that is locally, let me know, I’m bringing the drinks. I’m in Woodridge.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't have mine yet but I'd be interested to see if autohighbeam can be enabled on lower trims. Lanekeeping is theoretically possible too but you'd need updated buttons on the steering wheel. Autohighbeam is user-controlled through the IPC (no physical buttons) so it'd be an easy free feature, similar to enabling missing GOAT modes.

I find it hard to believe the camera on base models is different from upper trims -- who would manufacture a camera that can detect pedestrians and potential collisions, but not headlights or lane markings? I'm willing to bet it's the same camera/firmware for all Broncos but a few features disabled via AsBuilt.

Most likely there'd be a bit in IPC and another in IPMA to enable it

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't have mine yet but I'd be interested to see if autohighbeam can be enabled on lower trims.
we all get auto high beams. It’s on with my base. I don’t love it. It leaves highs on longer than I’d like in some situations and is eager to get them back on when they are temporarily disabled. Lots of flashing people, on off on off.

I’d prefer if it worked as auto OFF high beams in case I forget to turn them off, and not auto ON. There are sections of road I frequent that having high beams on is unnecessary and causes more flashing people

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh, must have missed that in the product guides, my bad.
Earlier IPMAs had a bit where you could adjust the sensitivity. I don't know if that's still true. I can agree that the effectiveness is hit or miss, sometimes it'll kick on as I'm passing a semi and I'm sure they don't enjoy the brights in their forward-mounted mirror.

At least on earlier models, you can quickly disable them by putting the headlamp switch on On instead of Auto -- there's a stretch of highway by me with a center barrier *just* the right height that my car can't see their headlights, but my highbeam blinds truckers. I'll switch my headlamp switch to On for that stretch, then back to Auto when i exit into the country

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Disable the double honk when exiting with the engine running

• Make sure Bronco is off and at rest
  • Hold lock and unlock buttons down on the key fob 3 seconds until lights blink twice
  • Release both buttons
  • Press lock button

No more stupid double honk!

Update on the double honk. It still does do it when I close the door. I could have sworn that I tested that the other day. I guess this goes forscan bin 😬
My hack is to just leave door open or take them off.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When you press the front camera button it goes OFF as you pick up speed .... I think its 5 MPH or something like that. Its really handy when crawling.

is there a hack to increase that speed break off point .... would like to set it to at least 15 MPH

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
nomnom said:
“All these things you guys are talking about I was able to adjust in the settings. I sat in the dealer parking lot for probably 20 min playing with settings before I took off.

the missing key double honk warning you’re talking about can also be disabled in the settings.”

The double honk cannot be defeated in the dash settings. You have to use forscan. Prove me wrong. Please. I want you to.
Sponsored