First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rainy day yesterday so I took a little, and very easy ride. Parsons Branch road coming out of Cades Cove in Smokey mountain National Park to US-129 the dragon. Very scenic one way dirt road.

Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread IMG_2368
Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread IMG_2372
Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread IMG_2373
Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread IMG_2376
Sponsored

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I've been posting my overly smart-ass and extremely dramatic posts on here for months as I have waited on my Raptor like so many others, and this past Monday, it finally arrived. (Some quick pictures below).

Before anyone gets prematurely angry that I received my Raptor already, just know that Like most of you, I was reserved within the first 24 hours, and I have been pushed to from a '21 Bronco, to a '22 Bronco, and then got pushed to a '23 Bronco and had to take a $5k price hike in the process.

Here are my initial thoughts and impressions. I've literally got 100 miles on it so I am no expert, but Feel free to ask questions. I'm more than happy to answer as time allows.

• This thing is HUGE. If you haven't yet seen one in person, know that pictures and videos don't do this any Justice.
  • You may or may not like the factory running boards. The non-skid design is great, but tends to stick to longer pants/dresses as you step out.
  • The fender flares aren't as bad in person. Honestly, most of the hate comes from a single unflattering picture angle that so many people like to re-post
  • Again on the flares.... just because they don't look bad in person, doesn't mean they aren't big. They Are!
  • Let's talk about the engine... I'm not disappointed but I'm not overly impressed either. I know all of the reasons that the 3.5 couldn't make it into the Raptor, but it will probably remain a wish of mine until they are able to make it happen.
  • Speaking of the transmission, its buttery smoooooth.
  • Keeping on the engine... The its awesome that the turbos stay spooled up at higher RPM's and speeds... that extra little bit of "Ready to go" is NICE!!!
  • The rear-view visibility isn't really a thing. The spare tire and rear brake easily cover 50% of the back window, and what's not blocked looks to the upper left and right. But the side view mirrors are great.... I just wish they were powered FOLDING mirrors for when you park next to another huge vehicle.
  • I opted for the leather seats and they are easily the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a vehicle.
  • Speaking of interior... I also opted for the Blue Onyx and was so afraid I was going to hate it, but the Blue is a dark blue with almost a hint of dark grey... ITS PERFECT!!!! Great Job Ford Design Team!!
  • Yes... per my previous post, the rumors are true. The 2023 model does come with Digital A/C Buttons. The only thing I seem to have gotten out of the $5k Price increase is these stupid little knobs. If anyone with a '22 wants to buy them for the $5k I paid... I am happy to consider that deal.
  • As has been reported before. The wireless charger is pitiful. I have an iPhone 14 ProMax and it hasn't managed to "Charge" it at all. I honestly don't think it even maintains power level... it just allows my phone to die more slowly.
  • The Code Orange is a master of trickery.... I'm not sure how, but in pictures, it looks RED no matter what you do.... but in person, It's a beautiful shade of orange.
  • The steering wheel heater is barely warm... probably as a side effect of the steering wheel being so thick and cushy...
  • Butt warmers are WAY warm.... my butt will not ever be cold again.
  • If you have a vent-mounted phone mount, get a new one... the vents turn left and right so easily that making simply following the road with a phone mounted on them makes it fling your phone left and right.
  • The 12" screen is amazing... especially now that it comes with FULL SCREEN CARPLAY
  • The B&O sound system is something that Ford and B&O should be ashamed of. And yes... The Subwoofer Rattles... Honestly... don't pay extra for it.
  • The interior lighting is abysmal.... The floor lighting does not come on when you open the doors.... its only used for ambient always-on lighting. Good thing there are a number of 3rd party options already.
  • One thing I noticed is that my "Raptor Mode" seems to maintain the status of the Auto Engine On/Off that so many people hate... I just wish I didn't have to select my Raptor Mode each time I got into the vehicle.
Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread Image (7)

Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread Image (4)

Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread Image (2)

Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread Image (3)

Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread Image (6)

Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread Image (7)

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Had my CO Raptor for a month, and love the flares! The color is amazing in person....i was very nervous as i am a grey and white car guy, so this was a huge change and i couldn't be happier. Agree the interior lights need some work, and i love the code orange seatbelts to brighten my black leather interior...

Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread Raptor Delivery Day 11~25~22

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

THAT IS AMAZING NEWS!!! Congrats!! Def gives me a glimmer of hope.
They're definitely making their way out!

Very happy with my choice to upgrade and color changes. Totally smitten! 🤣

20221217_130523.jpg

20221216_164018.jpg

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hmm, what do we have here?! Is that a Burger Motorsports JB4 Tuning Device on our Lethal Performance Bronco Raptor?? ;)

STAY TUNED!! ( no pun intended :ROFLMAO: )​

Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread JB4 Braptor
Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread Braptor

Sponsored

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread 9CC49799-B701-4B52-BF04-8A011775A871

Keeping mine and turned down generous cash offers

CustomPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The ride quality of these BRaptors is nothing short of fantastic in my opinion. They ride great on the street, and soak up crappy road bumps with ease. Seems like the wind noise was a little more than expected, but that's about my only gripe. All I can say is I am very impressed. Since this is a pic thread, here are a couple of snaps. Code Orange is on 37s and Cactus Grey is on 39s.
Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread IMG_9899.JPG
Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread IMG_9903.JPG

Sponsored

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread 1C283CC2-0B84-4CEF-89DE-E832BC7FFFF2
Here’s the first picture I have of my bronco! Waited 1.5 years for my Wildtrak, then the day it came in I drove it 10 min down the road and traded it for this beast at MSRP. 6 hours in 2 different dealers and I feel lucky as hell.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco CODE ORANGE Bronco RAPTOR Photos Thread 1C283CC2-0B84-4CEF-89DE-E832BC7FFFF2
Here’s the first picture I have of my bronco! Waited 1.5 years for my Wildtrak, then the day it came in I drove it 10 min down the road and traded it for this beast at MSRP. 6 hours in 2 different dealers and I feel lucky as hell.
Congratulations! So happy to hear you are happy with your Bronco. :)