Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not only is it a long drive but you really shouldn’t do a drive like that during engine break in period. So you’d need to trailer it.
Yeah, for people in northern Colorado it might work, but being down here in Colorado Springs, I'm leaning toward Mike Naughton in Aurora right now. It's still a drive (about 70 miles) but I can do it in a day, take 83 back at much slower speeds than I-25, and make regular stops at towns along the way to rest the engine. And look at my Bronco :)
Sponsored

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I also heard that Castle Rock has some extra taxes compared to other locals... I think castle rock is one of the more expensive places to buy a car. Anyone confirm?
I think you pay sales tax in the city/county where we register the vehicle. I bought my Rubicon from Grand Junction, CO, they gave me all the paper work to register with Adams County DMV (thats where I live).

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you pay sales tax in the city/county where we register the vehicle. I bought my Rubicon from Grand Junction, CO, they gave me all the paper work to register with Adams County DMV (thats where I live).
Correct, sales tax on vehicles is based on your home address's tax rate, not where you purchase it.

twinturbskis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1980 Ford Fairmont
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey, Castle Rock here...currently living in France till middle of 2021. Going with BD (sans squatch). Has anyone in Castle Rock/Pines put their order through Medved? I went in and spoke with them; they said pricing will be MSRP and he thought they prob would offer Xplan. I sent their “Bronco” guy and email about Granger to see what their response will be.
I originally went with Medved as I’m in Castle Rock and I wouldn’t even bother. After some exchange of emails that were very clear, they stated msrp, no a/x plans. I let him know that other dealers in the area offered it and that I will cancel. He said sorry and then hours after that said “oh, you wanted a bronco, not the sport. We will do x plan on the bronco”. At that point it was too late and I’m getting A plan through the brother in law and will just drop ship the thing.

JustPlainJay

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious to see whether a roof-top tent will be offered on all trims. I have three tents already (one-person for backpacking, three-person for campground/car camping, and four-season for winter) but a tent on top would be great for trailhead camping where space is limited. I think it will be a tight squeeze sleeping in the back of a two-door, though I can probably delete the seats, add a platform, and lie diagonally (one of the few times it's good to be short!).

Still haven't decided on a dealer yet.
Yes! A rooftop tent would be perfect....IF the top load wasn’t limited to 130lbs (I think). It was something very low, dynamically. We will need a better after market cage contraption like they have for other vehicles that basically halo the top and come down to the bumper to carry the load, it seems.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

Joinrdie

Black Diamond
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo C30, '73 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Denver resident here... Currently reserved at Barbee's Freeway Ford as it's closest to home. Got a text from them right after reserving, but haven't been getting responses since. I have x plan thru my employer, and will probably switch to Granger. If I can't touch "my" Bronco before buying, there's no difference to me between buying locally and having it shipped. I appreciate all the transparency and effort on their part and feel compelled to vote with my dollars.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Denver resident here... Currently reserved at Barbee's Freeway Ford as it's closest to home. Got a text from them right after reserving, but haven't been getting responses since. I have x plan thru my employer, and will probably switch to Granger. If I can't touch "my" Bronco before buying, there's no difference to me between buying locally and having it shipped. I appreciate all the transparency and effort on their part and feel compelled to vote with my dollars.
What are they charging for shipping?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are they charging for shipping?
We are working on getting shipping companies lined up right now for different regions of the us..

Right now I am using uship to get an idea albeit high for members here...

Reactions: sjp

Southern frog

First Edition
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone heard anything useful from there dealers yet? When I ask about a deal or something to keep me local. All they can say is they won't know anything till they get there prices.

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Interesting I’m in the springs but sent my order up to Longmont because my wife works in the same family of dealerships so I’ll be able to get some sort of discount. All I got from them was that they would update me once they got more info.
I interact with this gamily of dealerships and placed my order there also. I may change gor a better deal. I live in NoCo.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone heard anything useful from there dealers yet? When I ask about a deal or something to keep me local. All they can say is they won't know anything till they get there prices.
Nope, nothing. Waiting for prices right now, but apparently those aren't coming for at least another three weeks. I'd like to know what I'm buying before I talk to someone again, I guess. That will give us about a month to switch dealers.

I'm tentatively going to the Buena Vista event, probably Friday the 11th...with a camera and tape measure! It sounds like you can just walk around and look at the Broncos without a ticket. Anyone else going?

Last edited:

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm out of Colorado Springs myself. I will be reserving with Granger, no desire to work with Phil Long on this one. I bought my 2016 Taurus SHO new from Phil Long North in Springs and it was a nightmare. They are one of those dealerships that will let cars sit on the lot with $10k+ ADMs and say "someone will pay it." Maybe they'll honor X Plan, but they are just not very accommodating to me after buying 4 straight vehicles from them.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm out of Colorado Springs myself. I will be reserving with Granger, no desire to work with Phil Long on this one. I bought my 2016 Taurus SHO new from Phil Long North in Springs and it was a nightmare. They are one of those dealerships that will let cars sit on the lot with $10k+ ADMs and say "someone will pay it." Maybe they'll honor X Plan, but they are just not very accommodating to me after buying 4 straight vehicles from them.
My horror story was with that dealership: Why I Don't Automatically Buy Local Anymore

I go to McCloskey now to have any work done. Suzuki switched their service to them years ago, which was lucky for me because I had to have the engine replaced (threw a rod at 75K miles but was covered by the power train plan). They put in a new one and didn't charge me a dime.

I don't think I'll go with Granger because of the distance, but I'm definitely shopping around.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, nothing. Waiting for prices right now, but apparently those aren't coming for at least another three weeks. I'd like to know what I'm buying before I talk to someone again, I guess. That will give us about a month to switch dealers.

I'm tentatively going to the Buena Vista event, probably Friday the 11th...with a camera and tape measure! It sounds like you can just walk around and look at the Broncos without a ticket. Anyone else going?
I'm going as well...just not sure which day.

I decided not to purchase my Bronco via any local dealer and opted to go with a dealer that I know and trust in Missouri.

I would encourage everyone to shop around once you Build & Price your Bronco. Once you know exactly what you want, send emails to all the local dealers and others like Granger. The time between B&P and end of October is critical. This is when you work your best deal...and once you find that best deal, you and the dealership do so in writing...before the end of October and then make sure that is your preferred dealer.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'm planning on going, not sure which day. It's only about 90 minutes from Crested Butte and the drive over Cottonwood will be nice even if a bit early for fall colors. I may call a couple of dealers on the western slope before reserving with Granger. I don't have high expectations since previous experience says they likely will only do MSRP and maybe not even that.
Sponsored