Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch; 737
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just filler up to the brim with DampRid and done!
DampRid!

Last time I used DampRid was on a deployment to the sandbox, living in a 'trailer' that was more akin to a carboard box, running a dehumidifier 24/7 and yet STILL needing that stuff to keep my uniforms from getting musty.

Why are we talking about having to leave out drain plugs, using desiccant packs/DampRid, or putting more heat shield material on a vehicle that ALREADY costs $60,000+?

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love it. I have a manual transmission and felt it needed a little bit of throatiness, but I am also a middle-aged ass man and didn't want to sound like a pimply cast member of Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift. It was exactly what I was looking for.

NICE.

We were influenced by movies like Vanishing Point, Smokey & the Bandit, Convoy, Cannonball Run, etc.

My step son grew up loving the whole Fast and the Furious rice-burner nonsense.

Am I the grumpy old man who thinks my generation was better than theirs?

Yes. Yes I am, and I'm not afraid to tell them all about it.

Next Fast and the Furious will be racing from EV charging station to EV charging station, making Tik Toks and trying to guess what gender they all are....

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you have condensation before the muffler replacement? No disrespect...I just didn't see any other replies from you in this thread and was curious.
@Herbie can you confirm Baconator’s question?

tjparisi

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is 100% a condensation . I dried mine out by leaving it open for a couple days, and confirmed it was bone dry yesterday. Then I drove a couple of times yesterday evening (dry/70 degree weather). Even with a bunch of desiccants stashed in there, there was condensation again this morning when I checked it and the mildew smell was back.

Anyone have any luck other than by changing the exhaust? Anyone with dynamat in that area? Did insulating it make a difference? Anyone rig up ventilation? I’m reluctant to take the plug out as it keeps water from the road from making it’s way up. Anyone get suggestions from the dealer or Ford?

Sponsored

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is 100% a condensation . I dried mine out by leaving it open for a couple days, and confirmed it was bone dry yesterday. Then I drove a couple of times yesterday evening (dry/70 degree weather). Even with a bunch of desiccants stashed in there, there was condensation again this morning when I checked it and the mildew smell was back.

Anyone have any luck other than by changing the exhaust? Anyone with dynamat in that area? Did insulating it make a difference? Anyone rig up ventilation? I’m reluctant to take the plug out as it keeps water from the road from making it’s way up. Anyone get suggestions from the dealer or Ford?

Dude....do yourself a favor and pull the two plugs.

Tell me exactly how is water going to go against gravity, make its way above the muffler, then above the (ineffective) radiant muffler shield immediately above the muffler and below the storage compartment?

Should we be getting condensation in there? No.

Do you want to be growing mushrooms back there and rusting the shit out of the tire changing tools?

Pull the plugs already.

I've had mine out since before the message I posted in this thread....thousand plus miles ago, in eastern Pennsylvania, in all sorts of weather and road conditions.

Not a drop of water has magically found its way in that storage compartment. It would have to work mightily against physics, unless you are regularly fording.

If you plan on fording, put the plugs back in.

Stephyroxanne

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have noticed condensation in the rear under floor storage. I have tried leaving it open and empty for a day to dry out. It appeared to dry out but then the next day I checked it and it was wet again. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

My concern is that it is going to get mildew or something over time.

Here is picture I took after opening it this afternoon to check.

PXL_20210714_204730216.jpg
I noticed this in mine as well. I figured it was from going though a touchless carwash one a week. I haven't even thought to look again. I just wiped it out and went on. I just went out and looked and its bone dry. Yayyy

Last edited:

Kludge

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm just catching up on this thread and it seems like everyone is in consensus that condensation is the issue. That said, it seems like a pretty big issue. I assumed it was a leak because the last couple times it's rained I've had water pour of of the weather stripping when I open the swing gate.

I lifted the hatch to the jack compartment and noticed it was full of water. Problem is that the more I took things apart the more water I found. It's pooling up under the panel with the D-rings causing them to rust already. When I pulled the panel and leaned it against the bumper I noticed it was soaked and was leaking water on the driveway.

I'll try to get it to the dealership this week but I'm pretty concerned. I'm waiting for the Goose Gear rear seat removal kit which isn't fully sealed on the bottom. If it gets soaked like the current panel it's going to swell and ruin the Goose Gear setup.
Ford Bronco Condensation / Moisture in Rear Under Floor Storage Area 20220717_112454
Ford Bronco Condensation / Moisture in Rear Under Floor Storage Area 20220717_112323
Ford Bronco Condensation / Moisture in Rear Under Floor Storage Area 20220717_112635

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had condensation. Went away when I changed exhaust original muffler big and stuffed in there new one small and a lot of room for air circulation. That's just my take on it. I also recently put on a soft top so I will see if that changes the inside environment or if I get anymore condensation.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I did my rear seat delete I noticed that a few of the bolt that hold the seats go all the way through if you leave them out you could easily get water splashed up in there.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sooooo glad for reminder. I have 4 door soft and windows are all out until snow. Drove in heavy rains the other day and didn't even think about it. Had a good inch or so of water in there... Plugs out now, drying.... Need bilge pump.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Common problem for me. Dry out your jack tool pouch and ziplock it too imo. It stayed wet in my rig.

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2 door. But recently put on the best top soft top.
If you covered these in a different post, let me know...
Do you have the Trektop Slantback Soft Top?
What color (Black Twill or Black Diamond)?
What are your thoughts on install, look, noise, etc.?

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
DampRid!

Last time I used DampRid was on a deployment to the sandbox, living in a 'trailer' that was more akin to a carboard box, running a dehumidifier 24/7 and yet STILL needing that stuff to keep my uniforms from getting musty.

Why are we talking about having to leave out drain plugs, using desiccant packs/DampRid, or putting more heat shield material on a vehicle that ALREADY costs $60,000+?
Agh, yes. The 20 yr old fema trailers at Al Udeid. Could never keep anything dry.
Sponsored