swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This conversation sounds like when people say I can mod my GT to beat a GT500. Yes with enough money, anything is possible. But your heavily modded GT will never be what a GT500 is. There is a difference, and people need to understand that. The same applies here as well.
Agree with your whole post, but what we have here is more extreme....

It's that 2 low end Mustangs, one heavily modded ONLY for drag racing and the other stock are "better" than a single GT500 and the two of them are also cheaper to boot....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like this style !!! And I'd venture to say that the F150 Raptor R will outperform ANY Braptor, and is definitely more capable that a Bronco Raptor. more wheel travel and WAY more power. The OPs thread title is misleading and only an opinion, NOT fact. I could argue that on many trails or even roads the short wheelbase and narrow normal Bronco will have the advantage over the longer wider Braptor. In Baja or the dunes, obviously the longer F150 "R" would blow away the Braptor in both suspension and Power. So NO its not the most capable off roader!!!

the braptor is a better off roader than the raptor R. It would be nice to have the supercharged v8 in the bronco raptor, but everyone seems to think the 3.0 is more than adequate. i Think it’s been established that the braptor is the best off road vehicle ever made that you can purchase off the lot. It is referred to as the Swiss Army knife of off road vehicles, not great at one thing, but good at everything.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the braptor is a better off roader than the raptor R. It would be nice to have the supercharged v8 in the bronco raptor, but everyone seems to think the 3.0 is more than adequate. i Think it’s been established that the braptor is the best off road vehicle ever made that you can purchase off the lot. It is referred to as the Swiss Army knife of off road vehicles, not great at one thing, but good at everything.
I'd say great at most at things, crawling, high speed "Baja" style and street (on street for what it is, obviously). What can out crawl or out "Baja" it stock from the factory? The super special edition Jeep 392 with aftermarket parts from the factory might out crawl it.

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'd say great at most at things, crawling, high speed "Baja" style and street (on street for what it is, obviously). What can out crawl or out "Baja" it stock from the factory? The super special edition Jeep 392 with aftermarket parts from the factory might out crawl it.
with the exception of the engine, everything about the bronco is better than the wrangler. That solid axel sucks as a daily driver. It might be better for rock crawling, but it’s absolutely abysmal to drive everyday. I have a bad back and I cant and won’t. Let’s be honest 90% of the time these vehicles will be driven on pavement.

Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Confirming - Raptor is the Most Capable Off Roader Available (Chasing Dust Review) 1700507286308

while you guys are arguing, they BOTH won this weekend at the Baja 1000 :cool:
I was surprised that the Bronco Raptor finished over an hour ahead of the Raptor R. Pretty impressive!

https://performance.ford.com/series/off-road-racing/news/articles/score/2023/11/ford-wins-baja.html

Together, the two Ford Performance race trucks made the final corner into Ensenada and climbed the spectator ramp as victors – the Bronco Raptor finishing with an unofficial time of 40:37:47.820 and the F-150 Raptor R in 41:44:45.634.