First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im sure this has been addressed a lot, but I'm not sure how to search this quandary.
If I have one of the deadly 6, and got my order in in February, will it be most advantageous to revert my order to a 2022 now, or will I have the same place in line if i just wait for them to start making 2022s and edit my build?
If its 2022 and I dont want to change anything about my build will I be towards the front of the line for builds?
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im sure this has been addressed a lot, but I'm not sure how to search this quandary.
If I have one of the deadly 6, and got my order in in February, will it be most advantageous to revert my order to a 2022 now, or will I have the same place in line if i just wait for them to start making 2022s and edit my build?
If its 2022 and I dont want to change anything about my build will I be towards the front of the line for builds?
When was your actual reservation made? If you're not in the first 36 hours or so at most dealerships you're getting a '22 regardless of the "deadly 6". If you are one of the lucky ones with an early reservation they will be building what they can with the inventory they have on hand. Some options they'll run short on and you're order could be delayed if you have one of them. There's really no guarantee that picking any option that's available for MY21 will get you automatically punted to MY22 tho.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is your desired outcome? Do you want a MY22? Do you want your Bronco as early as possible? Do you want it as early as possible and if MY22 hits you'd be interested in changing your order but don't want to commit to a MY22?

Your place in line is dependent on when your reservation was made (timestamp). That rank will never change. The only outside factor would be if they get to you in order, and then find they don't have a part they need, they'll skip over you. When that part becomes available, you'd be first in line to get it.

It sounds like you should just hang tight. If MY22 comes around and you don't have your bronco yet, the understanding is that you'll be required to update your order to a MY22 anyway. Your position in the ranking will remain the same.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And if you "want" or prefer a '22, then just have the dealer code your priority to a "99" and you'll be in queue for a '22 (hey, that rhymes...)

OP
OP
sangemini

sangemini

Outer Banks
First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is your desired outcome? Do you want a MY22? Do you want your Bronco as early as possible? Do you want it as early as possible and if MY22 hits you'd be interested in changing your order but don't want to commit to a MY22?

Your place in line is dependent on when your reservation was made (timestamp). That rank will never change. The only outside factor would be if they get to you in order, and then find they don't have a part they need, they'll skip over you. When that part becomes available, you'd be first in line to get it.

It sounds like you should just hang tight. If MY22 comes around and you don't have your bronco yet, the understanding is that you'll be required to update your order to a MY22 anyway. Your position in the ranking will remain the same.
ok thank you, this is the answer i needed. I think im confused because im seeing a lot of people say they are opting out of MY21 and going for MY22, and unless this site is basically all "pre-36 hour mark" reservations, i dont understand why people would bother.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sangemini

sangemini

Outer Banks
First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When was your actual reservation made? If you're not in the first 36 hours or so at most dealerships you're getting a '22 regardless of the "deadly 6". If you are one of the lucky ones with an early reservation they will be building what they can with the inventory they have on hand. Some options they'll run short on and you're order could be delayed if you have one of them. There's really no guarantee that picking any option that's available for MY21 will get you automatically punted to MY22 tho.
reservation wasnt made until December. I was still waffling between what car i wanted, so im looking at a 2022 at best. Im asking because I guess i dont totally understand what the advantage of priority code 99 is if so few of the reservations are going to be getting MY21 anyways. Therefore I was worried i was missing out on some sort of advantage (like perhaps there were two separate lists for 21 reservations and 22 reservations and the sooner i succumbed to getting a 22, the higher up on the list i am, vs if im at a certain place in line for 21, then im still that place in line for 22, and everyone who waited gets bumped back)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok thank you, this is the answer i needed. I think im confused because im seeing a lot of people say they are opting out of MY21 and going for MY22, and unless this site is basically all "pre-36 hour mark" reservations, i dont understand why people would bother.
It's because white and body-colored modular tops, manual transmission paired with Sasquatch, and a green body color are all coming in MY22. (plus who knows what else... a "heritage edition"... different accessories or combinations of trims..)

So people are keeping their current reservation but waiting until the MY22 order banks open before they submit their order for build. This will maintain their "place in line" and ostensibly jump them ahead of anyone who is slated to get a MY22 because they have a later reservation and wont receive theirs until MY22 anyway.

Also, by them holding out for MY22, there will be at least some people who move up in MY21 as a result.

If there's no reason for you to specifically hold out for MY22... then I wouldn't worry about it... just place your order and you'll get it when you get it (especially with that Dec reservation).

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's because white and body-colored modular tops, manual transmission paired with Sasquatch, and a green body color are all coming in MY22. (plus who knows what else... a "heritage edition"... different accessories or combinations of trims..)

So people are keeping their current reservation but waiting until the MY22 order banks open before they submit their order for build. This will maintain their "place in line" and ostensibly jump them ahead of anyone who is slated to get a MY22 because they have a later reservation and wont receive theirs until MY22 anyway.

Also, by them holding out for MY22, there will be at least some people who move up in MY21 as a result.

If there's no reason for you to specifically hold out for MY22... then I wouldn't worry about it... just place your order and you'll get it when you get it (especially with that Dec reservation).
@sangemini Also to what @ZackDanger mentions, and to confirm your thoughts, if someone with a reservation before you decides to push back to MY22 AND assuming that you are in no way going to manage an MY21, then "Yes, that person who pushed back, will be in front of you in line". All things being equal (commodity inventory, that you both submit your actual orders for the same production quarter, etc)

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And if you "want" or prefer a '22, then just have the dealer code your priority to a "99" and you'll be in queue for a '22 (hey, that rhymes...)
So you're a Poet who didn't know it?

OP
OP
sangemini

sangemini

Outer Banks
First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@sangemini Also to what @ZackDanger mentions, and to confirm your thoughts, if someone with a reservation before you decides to push back to MY22 AND assuming that you are in no way going to manage an MY21, then "Yes, that person who pushed back, will be in front of you in line". All things being equal (commodity inventory, that you both submit your actual orders for the same production quarter, etc)
haha crap now Im confused again. So lets say hypothetically: Im number 5 in line (if only), and number 6 decides they want a MY22 and pushes back, but then I don't get a 21 and am forced to get a 22, is number 6 now in front of me, or am i still number 5 and ahead of number 6 even though i didn't opt out of 21?
this is how i should have phrased this question from the start hahah.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

haha crap now Im confused again. So lets say hypothetically: Im number 5 in line (if only), and number 6 decides they want a MY22 and pushes back, but then I don't get a 21 and am forced to get a 22, is number 6 now in front of me, or am i still number 5 and ahead of number 6 even though i didn't opt out of 21?
If you're #5 then it matters not what happens behind you (ignoring commodity etc of course).

You are still ahead of 6 UNLESS, and we are still awaiting details (@ZackDanger and I have a beverage on this) on what the order is if you as #5 don't get your order in until the quarter after #6 does. He thinks #5 wins out, I do not. Only Ford and MAYBE some dealers know on that one.

BUT BARRING STUPIDITY 5 should still be before 6. "Unless of course, 7 eats 8 at 9"

OP
OP
sangemini

sangemini

Outer Banks
First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you're #5 then it matters not what happens behind you (ignoring commodity etc of course).

You are still ahead of 6 UNLESS, and we are still awaiting details (@ZackDanger and I have a beverage on this) on what the order is if you as #5 don't get your order in until the quarter after #6 does. He thinks #5 wins out, I do not. Only Ford and MAYBE some dealers know on that one.

BUT BARRING STUPIDITY 5 should still be before 6. "Unless of course, 7 eats 8 at 9"
ok so nobody actually for sure knows what happens except, of course, that 7 ate 9.

I would think that whoever is ahead in reservation order is ahead in reservation order regardless of when they get around to building their bronco, but its tough to know with these things. With demand this high it seems like they can basically do whatever they want.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ok so nobody actually for sure knows what happens except, of course, that 7 ate 9.

I would think that whoever is ahead in reservation order is ahead in reservation order regardless of when they get around to building their bronco, but its tough to know with these things. With demand this high it seems like they can basically do whatever they want.
757bpau7fuebppod3e7i8dcvcggkwbm1joonchso&rid=giphy.gif

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're 5 you don't have to worry what 6 is doing.

What would matter is if you were #5, but #1 decided to hold off for a MY22...

2 gets their bronco... then 3, then 4...

...and now you're next up to get your bronco any second now...

....Then the MY22 model year change happens, and even though you were up next, 1 submits their order.

Now 1 is next up, and you are back in line.

Once they get their bronco, (and anyone else who was before you in line who now has an order submitted) then you're up again.

Crystal?

;)
Sponsored

Last edited: