Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's all conjecture until May when we get our build dates at this point...
They will not announce all build dates at once. They will flow out as parts availability shifts. I expect the first wave of build dates about a month before production starts.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a 10/04 reservation with options that are on constraint. I know full well mine will be a '22. I told my dealer to code it any way he wanted. He put in '21 with a priority code of 19, but that's not going to make any difference. Come time for the '22 order banks to open he'll give me a call, or email to see if I want to change anything. I think you are in the same situation as me, so order up if you like, and sit back for the long long wait.

Last edited:

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...and now you're next up to get your bronco and second now...

....Then the MY22 model year change happens, and even though you were up next, 1 submits their order.

Now 1 is next up, and you are back in line.

Once they get their bronco, (and anyone else who was before you in line who now has an order submitted) then you're up again.

Crystal?

;)
I'm not sure how Ford sees it. But an argument could be made that, if one chooses not to place the order during the first window, that person shouldn't be able to just cherry pick a year and get priority over those that actually put money down to place an order, especially if the B&P was available on reservation day one. That would be kinda like making a restaurant reservation, not showing up and going to that restaurant the following night and expecting a seat. Early reservation holders reserved a 21 Bronco, not a 22, 23...and on and on. I only see Ford moving orders to a 22 model because they won't be able to fulfill the actual order before they move production to another model year.

Personally (and I'm just speculating like most of us) I think reservation number is more likely to set priority in the context of a block of orders and the assumption will likely be that if you didn't place the order, you were just kicking the tires. Of course, there would be all sorts of exceptions to that rule (dealership issues, computer glitches, etc.) But, it seems you would have to state a case to overtake someone in the next round. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure how Ford sees it. But an argument could be made that, if one chooses not to place the order during the first window, that person shouldn't be able to just cherry pick a year and get priority over those that actually put money down to place an order, especially if the B&P was available on reservation day one. That would be kinda like making a restaurant reservation, not showing up and going to that restaurant the following night and expecting a seat.

Personally (and I'm just speculating like most of us) I think reservation number is more likely to set priority in the context of a block of orders and the assumption will likely be that if you didn't place the order, you were just kicking the tires. Of course, there would be all sorts of exceptions to that rule (dealership issues, computer glitches, etc.) But, it seems you would have to state a case to overtake someone in the next round. I guess we'll see.
Sure, it could very well be a "block of orders" as evidenced by the statements Ford has made that anyone not submitting their order by the March deadline will be blocked out of the first quarter... so that lends credence to the notion that they will be scheduling as much as 3 months out, so if you jump in with your early reservation, you'll be waiting at least that long to re enter the queue.

But your restaurant analogy isn't exactly accurate.... since we're all still waiting for the chef to start cooking our order.

We all called for reservations, and we all hold reservations in order according to our timestamp.

Then we all stand in line outside of the restaurant waiting for the doors to open in order of our reservations numbers.

People are being let in, and we're all moving up to the front door. First #1, then #2, then #3 etc etc etc...

I'm standing there with my #10 ticket, and they just started cooking #5's order.. Then someone shows up with the #8 reservation, so they get to slide in front of me in line.

They were always ahead of me in line... they just weren't standing there as long as I have been.

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Then we all stand in line outside of the restaurant waiting for the doors to open in order of our reservations numbers.

People are being let in, and we're all moving up to the front door. First #1, then #2, then #3 etc etc etc...

I'm standing there with my #10 ticket, and they just started cooking #5's order.. Then someone shows up with the #8 reservation, so they get to slide in front of me in line.

They were always ahead of me in line... they just weren't standing there as long as I have been.
That analogy doesn't work either. Sure number #8 goes in first. But, if you get to the door and say "no thanks, I like tomorrow's menu better". You would need to make a new reservation for the next evening. Doesn't really matter what the chefs are doing as they are just cooking orders in the order they are placed.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's because white and body-colored modular tops, manual transmission paired with Sasquatch, and a green body color are all coming in MY22. (plus who knows what else... a "heritage edition"... different accessories or combinations of trims..)
Plus it's because we don't know if the B&O stereo is any good. :D

#2022rules

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're 5 you don't have to worry what 6 is doing.

What would matter is if you were #5, but #1 decided to hold off for a MY22...

2 gets their bronco... then 3, then 4...

...and now you're next up to get your bronco and second now...

....Then the MY22 model year change happens, and even though you were up next, 1 submits their order.

Now 1 is next up, and you are back in line.

Once they get their bronco, (and anyone else who was before you in line who now has an order submitted) then you're up again.

Crystal?

;)
I'm still on that beverage bet. But, we need a dealer that would actually tell us as it happened.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still on that beverage bet. But, we need a dealer that would actually tell us as it happened.
I can’t even remember what we bet on... so I’m willing to concede you won.

First round is on me.

;)

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sure, it could very well be a "block of orders" as evidenced by the statements Ford has made that anyone not submitting their order by the March deadline will be blocked out of the first quarter.
I have only seen this in a "my dealer said" type thread - has anyone seen this directly from Ford?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok ok ok ok ok.........totally confused. I should have got drunk instead of reading all these comments😂😂😂

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That analogy doesn't work either. Sure number #8 goes in first. But, if you get to the door and say "no thanks, I like tomorrow's menu better". You would need to make a new reservation for the next evening. Doesn't really matter what the chefs are doing as they are just cooking orders in the order they are placed.
OR, The restaurant hands me a menu, I would like to order the steak (body color top like Ford offered on 7/13). Then the waiter tells me "we cannot cook you a steak until tomorrow". No problem I'll see you tomorrow (2022).
Do I have to get to the back of the line because they didn't have the steak that they were supposed to have? (body color top)

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OR, The restaurant hands me a menu, I would like to order the steak (body color top like Ford offered on 7/13). Then the waiter tells me "we cannot cook you a steak until tomorrow". No problem I'll see you tomorrow (2022).
Do I have to get to the back of the line because they didn't have the steak that they were supposed to have? (body color top)
Yes. You do. Think about it. How many times have you been to a restaurant that was out of something on the menu or the menu items were different that what they had on their online menu? Happens all the time. I’ve never been told by the waiter, hostess, etc., “Hey, we’ll bump a customer tomorrow night to make sure you get in”. Have you ever had a restaurant move your reservation to another night because someone from the previous night bumped you?
Sponsored