Sponsored

Confused about the GPCA tie down anchors...

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty sure the extras are for hard top alignment. Don't think you have to pull them out. They have a little nub on the bottom that drops into a hole.
wonder if there's some thumbscrews out there that might fit... if they're not just guide pins
Sponsored

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pretty sure the extras are for hard top alignment. Don't think you have to pull them out. They have a little nub on the bottom that drops into a hole.
Nice! I was just wondering that because I just watched a few hardtop removal videos and none of them mention these bolts. I guess it's just the ones on the very top that still have to be removed with the socket wrench then?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This.

The 4 smaller screws hold the alignment pins and are not supposed to be removed.

In summary, there are 4 bolts on either side in the cargo hold and 2 on top for a total of 10 bolts that need to be removed in a 4-door, all of which are the same size.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This.

The 4 smaller screws hold the alignment pins and are not supposed to be removed.

In summary, there are 4 bolts on either side in the cargo hold and 2 on top for a total of 10 bolts that need to be removed in a 4-door, all of which are the same size.
Same for the two door!

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm rocking those T bolts too with the tie downs. It does make removal and reapplication way better. I just have to worry about the two on the roll bar. But I'm only running 6 tie downs in my 2 door, the last two don't fit or can’t be used behind the roll bar.

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just recieved the GPCA tie down anchors. I installed them thinking that they were supposed to be a quick release option for the hard top and eliminate the need to use the socket wrench. While installing the 8 bolts, I realized that there are still 4 smaller T30 bolts that have to be removed as well. So I still have to pull out the socket wrench for these bolts when removing the top. I guess I was under the assumption that these anchors replaced all the bolts holding down the top. 😒

https://www.gpca.us/shop/bronco-tie-down-anchor-pro/
I bought a cordless handheld drill from Amazon for removing the bolts. Sooooo much better. Highly recommend

Sponsored

Mtns2Climb

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This should give a clear picture -

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And my Ford OEM softtop only has 6 bolts total, 3 per side and the whole thing comes off (yes they can fall behind the side panels if not careful, but.....my assumption when I originally had an additional painted top on order that it would use the same 6 bolts to attach

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So much on mods. Insane to think of. If I recall correctly, at least yours is built, and your just awaiting arrival. I am scheduled to be built the week of 3/21, but you know how that goes. I have already been bumped four times.
Yes...i got bumped five times, on day 593. Bronco is on a rail car in the Chicago/Gibson switch yard getting assembled into a train to head out west. Few more weeks.

I know what you are feeling. You will be tracking something all the way to the dealer!

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes...i got bumped five times, on day 593. Bronco is on a rail car in the Chicago/Gibson switch yard getting assembled into a train to head out west. Few more weeks.

I know what you are feeling. You will be tracking something all the way to the dealer!
I showed it to some people today and one of the questions that started was “how lo…” ‘557 days. Not that I was counting.’
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Cat