Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I reserved with the BB but changed to the OBX. I am not an off roader so the rear locker was not a need for me. By the time I got done adding what I wanted to the BB I had effectively built an OBX-lite and the difference in cost was not that much so I just went to the OBX and am happy with that choice.
Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've got an internal debate going on with myself and am looking for some clarity from outside opinions. I currently have the BB ordered with the manual and rear locker included. I've been considering switching to the auto, keeping the 2.3, and adding the mid package for the additional creature comforts.

The other aspect of this I've been considering is debating if I really need the rear locker. The most off-roading I will likely do is going hunting, or any hiking trails that may have dirt roads, etc. to the trail head. Which leads me to considering switching to the OBX, removing the rear locker, and maybe even adding the high package. This would put my order from $40-42K to about $45K, but the additional standard features that come with the OBX maybe makes the jump seem worth it.

I don't plan on selling the Bronco, so resale value isn't that much of a concern to me (relating to the rear locker not being there when reselling). Are my thoughts here off base?
I’m thinking of switching from a 4 door loaded squatch BL to a 2dr squatch Base and saving $18k. No idea why but I think I should switch.

OP
OP
Panmort

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved with the BB but changed to the OBX. I am not an off roader so the rear locker was not a need for me. By the time I got done adding what I wanted to the BB I had effectively built an OBX-lite and the difference in cost was not that much so I just went to the OBX and am happy with that choice.
This is essentially where I’m at when looking at the price of the BB with mid, etc.

CSRedDragon

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OBX. I ordered the Black Diamond, and really, have regretted it more days than not. I have never needed a rear locker, and that's hunting(past tense for me) and driving the roads you mentioned. My Jeep and F150 did just fine without, along with my dads 4WD's that also always handled the job.

I got sucked in by the "might" need thought process. I did like the "look" of the steelies and the MGV seats. Still, the Big Bend is likely what I should have gotten.

I would get the higher trim without the manual and locker. You will be happier in my opinion for 99% of your driving. Its easy to get sucked into buying a vehicle for 1% of the time, or the "maybe" situations.

My opinion is likely in the minority, but you will at least have a counterpoint. Good luck.
I originally ordered the BD and then switched to a BB. I was the exact opposite of you, I liked the BB wheels better and didn’t want the MGV.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
YES. Maybe ur in the same mindset and I look at ACC as a safety item, not a luxury. 20 yrs ago I could do the Toronto Florida run in one shot. Now I do the night driving with wife and sons sharing the duties. Having a safety suite that almost drives itself would be nice. But I understand Ford and not many on this forum like tech. in their trucks, so 'say la vie'.
Yep, older and slower than I was in my younger years. So it's absolutely a safety feature and I tend to drive 6 hours each way every weekend right now because I am stationed 6 hours away from my lake house and friends. So ya, I would like to have a solid backup system for my brain.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rear locker is very situational.

Dropping in a drift boat on a slick/slimy boat ramp, rear locker can be very useful.

Sand more than a few inches deep. Rear locker useful.

Only situations I have ever been where I could have used one.
Sponsored