Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a running pre-flight check list created so I know what to go over when I get mine next month? So far I see this and the pully/hose issue.
Sponsored

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just checked mine and the hose is fine. Already did the zip tie trick on the other hose.

Seanette

Badlands
First Name
Seanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart, 2022 Badlands pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bring an extremely bright flash light, to inspect the body for minor dings and paint imperfections.

Look for body gap alignment (also door clicking)
@Bob Blaylock carries very bright flashlights normally :). (Seriously, I once weighed all the stuff he hangs on his belt or stuffs into his pockets, and it was about 20lb at that time. I'm almost afraid to ask what the current answer to that would be.)

He'll probably understand the parts about the body gap and the door, but I could use some more detail, please.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Bob Blaylock carries very bright flashlights normally :). (Seriously, I once weighed all the stuff he hangs on his belt or stuffs into his pockets, and it was about 20lb at that time. I'm almost afraid to ask what the current answer to that would be.)

He'll probably understand the parts about the body gap and the door, but I could use some more detail, please.
All body gaps should be uniform along the length of the panel or door. 1/8" at the hinge, should also be 1/8" at the latch. The gap on each side of the hood to the upper fender should be equal on both sides and from where it stops by the windshield all the way forward to the grill.

The doors click when they are improperly installed. It will be obvious.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So where's this clamp? I can't seem to find it, must not have the correct angle lol?
It is to the left and below the big intake tube in the first picture, second picture is zoomed in on the clamp

Ford Bronco Coolant hose clamp on 2.7 engine ........check this too!!! 85358465-B395-49E4-AB52-272797C6A7B9
Ford Bronco Coolant hose clamp on 2.7 engine ........check this too!!! 75FBB5D5-B83E-46F9-8470-9D493AD15B43

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So the water pump is electric!!! :) That's a good thing actually! I made this mod to my F355.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bring an extremely bright flash light, to inspect the body for minor dings and paint imperfections.

Look for body gap alignment (also door clicking)
thank you... Im sure I can find a flashlight somewhere...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't get what you mean about it not being released. Those are just standard spring clamps right? I thought they default to tension and you have to pinch the ends to open them up in order to fit them on.

Now if you're talking about the standard hose clamp that has the worm screw, those have to be tightened up or they're loose. But a spring clamp is The opposite.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't get what you mean about it not being released. Those are just standard spring clamps right? I thought they default to tension and you have to pinch the ends to open them up in order to fit them on.

Now if you're talking about the standard hose clamp that has the worm screw, those have to be tightened up or they're loose. But a spring clamp is The opposite.
These self-adjusting tension clamps can be locked in an open position (making it easy to slide them on and off) this one was locked in the open position.

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The old sang don't buy a car built on a Monday or Friday

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That may have been the case had they actually been able to produce 2021s. But 2022 is just going to be continuation in the actual bugs are probably not going to be worked out until 2023.

Unfortunately these types of issues are not really a QC problem. Just meeting the inspection after the fact is not going to be able to find loose clamps and partially plugged in electrical connectors.

This type of crap building is solely on the person on the assembly line not doing their job. Probably too worried about there next union contract or how pissed they are that they were forced to come back to work instead of collecting their free covid checks.

Nothing is going to catch the half-ass work that a line person does unless it's in your face.

I mean Ford's QC hasn't even caught wrong rear seats, misaligned body panels, MIC issues, and missing sections of headliners... How could we expect them to catch hose clamps.
I there a thread with a checklist of things I should do when I get my Bronco this week or next? So far on my 2.7 I know I need to zip tie a hose, check the clamp, check my hardtop for spacing and separation...anything else Im forgetting?
Mine had the new style hose clamp on the hose near the pulley.... delivered 11/12...

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I there a thread with a checklist of things I should do when I get my Bronco this week or next? So far on my 2.7 I know I need to zip tie a hose, check the clamp, check my hardtop for spacing and separation...anything else Im forgetting?
Mine was delivered 11/12... had the new style hose clamp to keep it from the pulley

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One of the big reasons, of course, that I don't think it such a bad thing that we won't be getting a 2021, is that I see the 2021 as the “beta test” version, where I hope all the significant bugs will be found and corrected before they build our 2022.
Sorry, but that's not how it works LOL
Sponsored