Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like this one from MI:

Coronavirus_flattening_curve_1.jpg

The problem is that in order to achieve that yellow urve, you have to shut nearly everything down and keep people away from eachother for a long time. People with the virus, symptomatic or not, will be capable of spreading it for several weeks. So all this quarantining and social distancing will have to be kept up for months. I just don't see the populace complying with that. We're going to be somewhere between the two curves above.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to Carmaker1, MY2021 is toast. Best case would probably be mid2021 as a MY 2022. Of course the general economy or viability of Ford and its suppliers might upend that as well.
Where was this said?

Nevermind....

Though my optimistic side says he said "could be"

Last edited:

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lucky Duck

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My post was a half-hearted attempt to make Ford refute it. Crickets
I'm sure it is the type of situation as at my work. ... they don't know what they will do yet, so they will not commit one way or the other. I can't say I blame them, the way things go in the world we now live in.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Welp

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
The damage to the economy and small business is so much more severe than the actual virus. The hysteria and media drivin panic along with the whole country shutting down is causing so much strife. I bet the suicide count outnumbers the virus deaths when all is said and done.... But anything to try and make the president look bad before the election, right? I'm so sick of it.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I bet the suicide count outnumbers the virus deaths when all is said and done....
That and the general health deterioration of being homeless, from job loss.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The damage to the economy and small business is so much more severe than the actual virus. The hysteria and media drivin panic along with the whole country shutting down is causing so much strife. I bet the suicide count outnumbers the virus deaths when all is said and done.... But anything to try and make the president look bad before the election, right? I'm so sick of it.
If we’re lucky, you’ll think you were right in a month. The CDC said if we did nothing, we were looking at 1.2+ million deaths in the US.

I highly doubt the president allowed the left and the press to push him into destroying the economy. There is a reason he has made this choice, and that reason is the alternative is much worse than we can comprehend/ are being told.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If we’re lucky, you’ll think you were right in a month. The CDC said if we did nothing, we were looking at 1.2+ million deaths in the US.

I highly doubt the president allowed the left and the press to push him into destroying the economy. There is a reason he has made this choice, and that reason is the alternative is much worse than we can comprehend/ are being told.
1.2M seems optimistic.

With a modestly easy to spread disease that hides symptoms easily you can expect about half the population to get it (165/330) over the course of 3-6 months, with only half of them reporting because the others are asymptomatic, and if the overall mortality rate is about 1.5%, being reported as 3%, then you're looking at 2.475M. There are easily that many unhealthy/susceptible people available (half of Italy's fatalities had 3 or more pre-existing medical conditions).

Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the type of stupidity that needs to be suppressed. The country is not shutting down to make the president look bad you absolute fucking moron.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke to a good friend of mine today. We worked together for many years with a great group of guys, but the company went out of business. He now works with most of our old coworkers for a (large for industry) company here on the island. They hosted an event last week that I chose not to attend because of the risk of infection. I saw the pictures on Facebook of all the guys and felt I should have gone at least to see everyone. He told me today the company is closed for at least two week as one employee has tested positive and many more are sick including him. The doctor tested him for everything except covid-19 because they don’t have test kits. Doctor says all other tests are negative so it is most likely Coronavirus. He told him to go home and try not to infect anybody else. He is self quarantined in a bedroom, wife and kids in another room. Ten of his coworkers have same symptoms and no test to confirm. No big deal right? Thing is, they are not counted in the number of confirmed cases. How many more positives are out there already? This virus is spreading fast. And yes, I am glad I didn’t go to the event.