First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Raptor; 2023 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Love it!! Can’t remember what post it was but you had an axe or shovel mount on your roof rack. What mount hardware did you use for that?
Sponsored

OP
OP
cr117

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love it!! Can’t remember what post it was but you had an axe or shovel mount on your roof rack. What mount hardware did you use for that?
Those were just Quick Fist mounts. The thing I didn’t like about them mounted to the rack is I was worried about them being stolen since there’s no way to lock them. I since moved them to the molle panel in the cargo area using the same mounts. Now I can leave them back there all the time and not worry about them disappearing.

Ford Bronco CR117's A51 Badlands Build IMG_1478

timrobporter

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like that. Yeah that was my concern as well with all the mounts I saw that looked like it. Appreciate it!

Thanks

timrobporter

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Those were just Quick Fist mounts. The thing I didn’t like about them mounted to the rack is I was worried about them being stolen since there’s no way to lock them. I since moved them to the molle panel in the cargo area using the same mounts. Now I can leave them back there all the time and not worry about them disappearing.

Ford Bronco CR117's A51 Badlands Build IMG_1478
I too am a bit obsessed with locking down anything external. Did you consider this? No idea of it will work with trailrax but looks like it has multiple mounting options.

https://basecampprovisions.us/produ...RpPsJyC4mfSJqC_SaPWYy7n71xFT02ZxoCUQcQAvD_BwE

OP
OP
cr117

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too am a bit obsessed with locking down anything external. Did you consider this? No idea of it will work with trailrax but looks like it has multiple mounting options.

https://basecampprovisions.us/produ...RpPsJyC4mfSJqC_SaPWYy7n71xFT02ZxoCUQcQAvD_BwE
Yeah, I researched all kinds of options. That mount (as well as the one Trailrax sells) looked completely overkill for just mounting a shovel. Plus, it seems like it'd have to either be mounted on the top of the rack or on the pak rax, taking up a lot of extra spaced that could be used for other things. I also was considering these, but decided I didn't want to spend over $100 on some silly clamps.

Until I have an actual need to mount the shovel/axe to the exterior, I decided to go the cheaper route.

Sponsored

timrobporter

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, I researched all kinds of options. That mount looked completely overkill for just mounting a shovel. Plus, it looks like it'd have to either be mounted on the top of the rack or on the pak rax, taking up a lot of extra spaced that could be used for other things. I also was considering these, but decided I didn't want to spend over $100 on some silly clamps.

Until I have an actual need to mount the shovel/axe to the exterior, I decided to go the cheaper route.
Oh yeah I looked at those too. They seem to only mount on the top. Well I have an email out to the DMOS folks and may give it a shot. I feel like they could be mounted to the side of the rack itself. My Packrax are taken as well. Will let you know how it goes if I end up pulling the trigger.

OP
OP
cr117

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She’s getting close… just have a couple 50 amp Anderson plugs to wire in, then I’ll be ready for final assembly.

Ford Bronco CR117's A51 Badlands Build IMG_1507
Ford Bronco CR117's A51 Badlands Build IMG_1508

OP
OP
cr117

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model