Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Black Diamond, Craftsman tractor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks everyone for the input. I did notice a very tiny dot of an impact point (very very low) that, combined with that morning of extreme cold, most likely caused the big crack. Anyway, Safelite very quickly and nicely put on an OEM windshield and recalibrated everything and it's back to new. Cheers
Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like every one said it can start from a small chip or crack you didn't notice. Fyi a word of advice when starting a cold vehicle keep your defrost temp at warm instead of full on hot that will lesson the chance of a crack forming. And yes this can and does happen to any vehicle.

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands Sasquatch 2door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing happened to me on the way up to the mountains to ski. Didn’t seem like a rock strike, just a crack that got bigger while driving. Farmers insurance charged $100 to replace.

OP
OP
PolarVortex

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Black Diamond, Craftsman tractor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same thing happened to me on the way up to the mountains to ski. Didn’t seem like a rock strike, just a crack that got bigger while driving. Farmers insurance charged $100 to replace.
Gotcha ok..... that's a shame....I guess it's a crapshoot with these almost vertical windshields. Also I found out I have a small camera mounted in windshield for accident avoidance/emergency braking I didn't know about.....apparently all trims have it. Good to know.
Sponsored