First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another case where someone was in a hurry and ran a red light- and put your life at risk. People need to get control of their lives- wake up earlier, leave earlier, etc. Way too many people speeding, running red and yellow lights these days......

Glad you are OK.......it could have been worse. Base Bronco hard to replace and costly. Hopefully you can afford another one with insurance money. I know I could not afford another one if something happened to mine. Would have to get something else for the insurance money. Law suit for sure, especially with your injury........
Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bummer this happened,I have a base as well wouldn't want anything else either ,people drive so badly now its crazy.Good luck.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a young loved one is hard... but at least this one is replaceable.
I recently broke a few ribs doing stupid things and I can also relate to the pain. Whatever you do, don't sneeze. And the best bit of advice I can offer is... stool softeners.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you’re OK, most important thing👍 I’d push for it being totaled as the damage looks fairly significant and (personally) I wouldn’t want to keep a vehicle with such a significant rebuild, never the same. Had a 2005 F-150 (12k miles)that had front end damage and never drove the same. Turns out the frame was bent and body shop ignored it. Also, if you do end up having it rebuilt, be sure and hit your insurance co up for “diminished value” payment as once your vin is tied into the accident and repairs the resell value will be compromised. Wishing you all the best!
diminution in value is not a first party claim. It is third party, so he’d have to prove he was 50% or less at fault. Even if the other driver ran a red light the point of impact is not good. OP t-boned the other car, meaning the other car was likely half way thru the intersection. It would be wholly different if the other car t-boned him. Even if the other party blew a red right light. Speed is a factor, too. We don’t have all the facts. TX is a modified comparative negligence state, meaning you can’t collect from the other party if you are more than 50% at fault. I wouldn’t hire a lawyer just yet, unless the other guys insurance company balks at at accepting full liability. Then you go after his company for DV. Unless it’s a total loss in which case there is no DV. Most lawyers don’t care about negotiating a claim for value of a vehicle, they care just about the bodily injury settlement

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since the pandemic shut everything down I've now noticed more people willing to run a red light. I now treat interactions like I do with my motorcycle. I never am the first one to go without looking both ways first. Then I'll go.

I'm so sorry for your injury. I'm glad you are alive. Air bag or seat belt likely did the damage, it's a common safety device thing. Though much better than what could have happened at that force level without both of those.

Bummer about the Bronco. With all the pricing changes and the model updates, replacing yours could be difficult depending on what your insurance does. Who knew buying a Bronco was like investing in a cryptocurrency?

Rocky905

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yesterday I crashed (probably totalled) my Bronco. A Toyota truck ran a red light, and I t-boned him hard. Probably 45mph. Airbag deployed. Front end basically gone. Coolant on the ground. And to top it all of I took a ride in an ambulance for severe chest pain that turned out to be a fractured sternum.

I made fun of my wife for getting emotionally attached to her vehicles. I never have - until now. Found myself tearing up a bit at the thought of losing my Bronco. I'm in a good deal of pain. Was in too much pain to take photos yesterday, but it's ugly

Now just waiting to hear from insurance.

1/3/24 UPDATE:

My son drove me to the wrecking yard today to get my belongings out of the Bronco. He shot a few quick pics of the damage. Insurance company wants to tow it to their yard to evaluate the damage. I told them to go ahead.

img-20240103-151333-jpg.jpg

img-20240103-151434-jpg.jpg

img-20240103-151411-jpg.jpg
Ouch!! Hope you are OK!!!

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since the pandemic shut everything down I've now noticed more people willing to run a red light. I now treat interactions like I do with my motorcycle. I never am the first one to go without looking both ways first. Then I'll go.
I don't think the "Scamdemic" has anything to do with it. People now a days just have no patience or are electronically distracted

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yesterday I crashed (probably totalled) my Bronco. A Toyota truck ran a red light, and I t-boned him hard. Probably 45mph. Airbag deployed. Front end basically gone. Coolant on the ground. And to top it all of I took a ride in an ambulance for severe chest pain that turned out to be a fractured sternum.

I made fun of my wife for getting emotionally attached to her vehicles. I never have - until now. Found myself tearing up a bit at the thought of losing my Bronco. I'm in a good deal of pain. Was in too much pain to take photos yesterday, but it's ugly

1/3/24 UPDATE:

My son drove me to the wrecking yard today to get my belongings out of the Bronco. He shot a few quick pics of the damage. Insurance company wants to tow it to their yard to evaluate the damage. I told them to go ahead.

img-20240103-151333-jpg.jpg

img-20240103-151434-jpg.jpg

img-20240103-151411-jpg.jpg

1/8/24 UPDATE:

Insurance company just notified me that they are totalling the Bronco. Their offer is more than generous - about $10K more than I paid new. Naturally I have agreed to their valuation. Should have the cash in my account in a few days less the $8000 or so that I owed on it. I have a couple of leads on nearby 2 doors. None of them are race red, though. I guess my next step is going to look at them. I can't drive for another week at least, so it will be fun.

1/9/2024 UPDATE;

Today I have replaced my beloved Bronco with a white two door WildTrak. Thanks to a generous settlement from the insurance company. Thanks, also to Jim Bass Ford in San Angelo TX. They sold me the WildTrak at nearly $4K under sticker.
IMG-20240109-133057564-HDR.jpg

IMG-20240109-133138608-HDR.jpg

IMG-20240109-133522245-HDR.jpg
I went through the same pain with my Raptor. I still Havent replaced it though. Took a while with insurance and the cost of Raptors has ballooned.

Ford Bronco Crashed Mine... 45mph T-Bone [Updated w/ Photos] Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 1.52.14 PM
Ford Bronco Crashed Mine... 45mph T-Bone [Updated w/ Photos] Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 1.52.38 PM

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1/3/24 UPDATE:

Ford Bronco Crashed Mine... 45mph T-Bone [Updated w/ Photos] Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 1.52.38 PM

1/8/24 UPDATE:

Insurance company just notified me that they are totalling the Bronco. Their offer is more than generous - about $10K more than I paid new. Naturally I have agreed to their valuation. Should have the cash in my account in a few days less the $8000 or so that I owed on it. I have a couple of leads on nearby 2 doors. None of them are race red, though. I guess my next step is going to look at them. I can't drive for another week at least, so it will be fun.

1/9/2024 UPDATE;

Today I have replaced my beloved Bronco with a white two door WildTrak. Thanks to a generous settlement from the insurance company. Thanks, also to Jim Bass Ford in San Angelo TX. They sold me the WildTrak at nearly $4K under sticker.

Just remember that material things are replaceable. Good to hear your on the mend. Cracked sternum is not fun and not much you can do bout it?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm so sorry for your injury. I'm glad you are alive. Air bag or seat belt likely did the damage, it's a common safety device thing. Though much better than what could have happened at that force level without both of those.

Bummer about the Bronco. With all the pricing changes and the model updates, replacing yours could be difficult depending on what your insurance does. Who knew buying a Bronco was like investing in a cryptocurrency?
I'm not gonna say it was the pandemic, but I see tons of people willing to run red lights every day.
Sponsored