First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please tell me what it is about the OBX interior that bothers you?

Seriously wanting information for my Tool-Box of Pros VS Cons of each model for my final decision.
I haven't seen em in person so I'm only going off of pictures. As always, just my opinions. If they work for other people? Good for them, I'm honestly jealous.

I don't like the silver panel in the dash(is that a glove compartment/cubby hole or is that just passenger airbag?) But that I'd live with that.

I think the navy pier seats look tacky in leather. The grey on the sides scream airplane to me. I think the dash looks ok.

I like the roast seats looks wise, I wish the brown was a little darker or the grey was actually black. But I think they look pretty nice! This is again in leather, I don't like the retro look off either in cloth. I just can't wrap my brain around that dash. I've never had a dash be anything but black. That large swath of copper-y looking dash, I think would drive me crazy.

But hard to tell without seeing it. This pic was posted not too long ago which I think it looks a bit better than others but it's hard to grasp what I'm getting.

Factory 2021 Bronco start up screen 1.jpg
Sponsored

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know I'm not the only one in here that is bouncing back and forth between a bunch of builds, but damn! I'm having a hard time making the final decision!

What I'm sure I'm getting: MIC top, 2.7l, 4 door

What I think I'm getting: Sasquatch

What I can't decide: Base (Velocity Blue), Black diamond (Area 51), Badlands (Area 51) (If I could get the Base in A51 I would already have submitted my order)

What I hate: Tube steps, Wildtrak cloth seats.

What I want but don't really need: Mid / High Package.

If I go Base or BD, I'm definitely squatch-ing. If I go Badlands, I'm not sure -- Probably/Possibly just stick with the 33's. I don't really *need* the high package, but the 12" screen and those extra cameras make for some awesome features. I'm not going to be doing any rock-crawling with this, mostly some sand + mud/rutted forest trails. I do like the looks of the Signature lighting, but they aren't a deal-breaker for me.

Price isn't a huge factor either, but I have a hard time justifying the difference in cost from Base-squatch, 2.7l, MIC, Velocity blue to a Badlands, 2.7l, MIC, squatch, high, Area 51.

Too many choices! I might just print out a few builds and pull one out of a hat.

What about you guys -- what decisions are holding you back from completing your order?

I was stuck between the MID and High PKG mostly because the 12" screen. Then I took a long look at the screen inside our company 2014 Jeep Cherokee. Its approx 8" and, at least to me, it's huge. I really couldn't imagine seeing a bigger screen without it completely dominating the interior. Now, I haven't seen a 12" screen and I haven't seen the 12" inch in the new Bronco, much less a new Bronco, so maybe in that setting it looks great. I think 10" would be ok but 12"? I just dont know.. and so I stuck with the mid package PLUS sig lights.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe I may have discussed this with you somewhere else, but I was in the exact same predicament.
Ultimately, despite the looks, the Sasquatch package was overkill for a DD. Also, the inability to get a manual with 2.7 (I'm sorry, but a 2.3 with all that off-road weight and plates just seems underpowered) was the nail in the coffin for that dream. If I'm going to get a "serious" off-roader, it needs to be MT in a future iteration. Lastly, the 2020 Explorer had 20 recalls. 20!! the Sport Bronco has 2 in two months, if/when I'm ready to spurge on this truck it's going to be in a few years when the inevitable kinks get ironed out.

I went with BB, 2 dr, 2.7, mid, cactus/sandstone, 4.27 axle, LED, toggle switches.
When I do have my senses, I still realize that sas is overkill for me too. But I still may change my order to include the 4.27 axle.

I can't wait for Ford to iron out the kinks. I'm taking my chances now and hopefully the kinks will be minimal.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was stuck between the MID and High PKG mostly because the 12" screen. Then I took a long look at the screen inside our company 2014 Jeep Cherokee. Its approx 8" and, at least to me, it's huge. I really couldn't imagine seeing a bigger screen without it completely dominating the interior. Now, I haven't seen a 12" screen and I haven't seen the 12" inch in the new Bronco, much less a new Bronco, so maybe in that setting it looks great. I think 10" would be ok but 12"? I just dont know.. and so I stuck with the mid package PLUS sig lights.
My local dealer let us test drive the new Mustang E for four days, Friday-Monday. They let us because my wife has a reservation for one.

You’ve got to see the size of that screen in person, it overwhelms everything inside.

7719B0D6-2998-4C70-8E1C-8B3E55608589.jpeg

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My local dealer let us test drive the new Mustang E for four days, Friday-Monday. They let us because my wife has a reservation for one.

You’ve got to see the size of that screen in person, it overwhelms everything inside.

7719B0D6-2998-4C70-8E1C-8B3E55608589.jpeg
Are you saying that in a good way or a bad way? I love technology. I have a iPhone 12 Pro MAX. Usually, a larger screen is def better IMO. In the case of automobiles, I just cant get there. At least not in a huge semi rectangle format. If it were a longer screen, like narrow and more stretched out, and integrated into the design of the dash, I could get into that, provided it had utility. The screen above looks crazy. Looks very UBER to me. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't seen em in person so I'm only going off of pictures. As always, just my opinions. If they work for other people? Good for them, I'm honestly jealous.

I don't like the silver panel in the dash(is that a glove compartment/cubby hole or is that just passenger airbag?) But that I'd live with that.

I think the navy pier seats look tacky in leather. The grey on the sides scream airplane to me. I think the dash looks ok.

I like the roast seats looks wise, I wish the brown was a little darker or the grey was actually black. But I think they look pretty nice! This is again in leather, I don't like the retro look off either in cloth. I just can't wrap my brain around that dash. I've never had a dash be anything but black. That large swath of copper-y looking dash, I think would drive me crazy.

But hard to tell without seeing it. This pic was posted not too long ago which I think it looks a bit better than others but it's hard to grasp what I'm getting.

Ford Bronco Crippling Indecision Discussion 7719B0D6-2998-4C70-8E1C-8B3E55608589
Good explanation. I didn't notice the Brownish/Bronzish dash...Gives me another tool in the Box...Thank-U!

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still tweaking things in my mind. I expect a '22 so there is time for me to change my order, if necessary. After watching the KOH vids, I began to realize what I'm going to be doing, and most likely not doing, with my Bronco. I doubt I'll ever be bombing across a sandy washboard trail at 65mph. I'm not rock crawling. I'm beginning to accept that a non-squatched BD will be just fine. It will be plenty capable for my activities.
So now I'm thinking about other things, like TOPS. I don't think I'll like the way the soft tops fold, or don't fold, so if I'm not squatching, I can spend my money on the black glossy aluminum wheels. And what matches glossy aluminum wheels? A painted modular top! :) I can throw in a bimini for a couple hundred bucks and I'll be good with that.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you saying that in a good way or a bad way? I love technology. I have a iPhone 12 Pro MAX. Usually, a larger screen is def better IMO. In the case of automobiles, I just cant get there. At least not in a huge semi rectangle format. If it were a longer screen, like narrow and more stretched out, and integrated into the design of the dash, I could get into that, provided it had utility. The screen above looks crazy. Looks very UBER to me. Just my opinion.
I didn't like it. It would look better landscaped. This pic was taken at my grandson's apt. he wanted me to take him for a ride. The whole time I had him in the car he was playing with that Monster of a display. It just overpowers the interior because of its size...he loved it!

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn't like it. It would look better landscaped. This pic was taken at my grandson's apt. he wanted me to take him for a ride. The whole time I had him in the car he was playing with that Monster of a display. It just overpowers the interior because of its size...he loved it!
Yeah.. I think for some it will be the cats ass..... I am def more of a minimalist and like things to make sense and have purpose. In this case, the larger screen, IMO, is just unnecessary.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah.. I think for some it will be the cats ass..... I am def more of a minimalist and like things to make sense and have purpose. In this case, the larger screen, IMO, is just unnecessary.
It looked like an iPad Pro was velcroed to the dash!

Sponsored

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What about you guys -- what decisions are holding you back from completing your order?
Mine will see more DD but want the dirt road option to storm chase and not worry about min maintenance roads and such plus want the option to just say F it and get away, so went WT 4dr Lux to have the 35's until a good lift is out for possible 37's but if I am happy with the SAS then just might keep it for a few years and do other add-ns right away

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had my order built about 3 weeks after Ford released their info, which was drastically before B&P went live, and it hasn't changed since then. The order took all of 5 minutes at the dealership and was simple as pie.

After watching the Ranger threads go through this same process I simply don't understand how difficult this is for people. I also don't comprehend peoples unreasonable pricing expectations and feelings of victimization. Ranger folks went through it all and it's been no different here.

5-minute build:
Badlands
2.3/MT
2-door
Red
Mid
Tow

I mean, we're not causing global starvation here, how difficult is the decision making process?

Ford Bronco Crippling Indecision Discussion 21_Bronco_lineup_HR_page_2

Ford Bronco Crippling Indecision Discussion Bronco gearin

OP
OP
Itsmeclooney

Itsmeclooney

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had my order built about 3 weeks after Ford released their info, which was drastically before B&P went live, and it hasn't changed since then. The order took all of 5 minutes at the dealership and was simple as pie.

After watching the Ranger threads go through this same process I simply don't understand how difficult this is for people. I also don't comprehend peoples unreasonable pricing expectations and feelings of victimization. Ranger folks went through it all and it's been no different here.

5-minute build:
Badlands
2.3/MT
2-door
Red
Mid
Tow

I mean, we're not causing global starvation here, how difficult is the decision making process?

It's almost like people have different needs/wants/desires in their vehicles. Congrats on, um, coming to a quick decision.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's almost like people have different needs/wants/desires in their vehicles. Congrats on, um, coming to a quick decision.
Figure out what you want then do it. Having contradictory viewpoints in your own build flow chart isn't helping you get to a solution.

Congrats, helped a bunch.
Sponsored