Sponsored

Current Dealer Online Stock - Real or Bait?

NCLife

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have a question for you guys that are deeply entrenched in understanding all of the production details going on. There are Ford dealers in the Charlotte area listing multiple Broncos for sale. Are dealers receiving that much stock? Or is this dealers looking for a way to find bronco buyers? It just seems really odd with all these people waiting for a reservation/build that they can walk down the street and buy one off the lot. As an aside one of the dealers who has six of them listed is asking for $10,000 over sticker -
https://www.fordlincolncharlotte.com/searchnew.aspx?Type=N&Make=Ford&Model=Bronco
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have a question for you guys that are deeply entrenched in understanding all of the production details going on. There are Ford dealers in the Charlotte area listing multiple Broncos for sale. Are dealers receiving that much stock? Or is this dealers looking for a way to find bronco buyers? It just seems really odd with all these people waiting for a reservation/build that they can walk down the street and buy one off the lot. As an aside one of the dealers who has six of them listed is asking for $10,000 over sticker -
https://www.fordlincolncharlotte.com/searchnew.aspx?Type=N&Make=Ford&Model=Bronco
Most of these aren't actually available. Some dealers seem to be listing ordered vehicles at jacked up prices, but you couldn't actually go buy them. The system auto-populates them for sale when customer orders are shipped, so they must want to put the higher price on there on the off chance a customer doesn't take his/her order.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There isn't a single dealer in the world who has received a Bronco stock unit for retail sale.

While this will likely change soon as we "standby" stock orders going in for September production (4 door soft tops to be built if MAP runs out of "buildable" units), we aren't there yet.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would love to see that big bend that looks like a base and still has marine vinyl.... not saying that is bait. 🤣

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There isn't a single dealer in the world who has received a Bronco stock unit for retail sale.

While this will likely change soon as we "standby" stock orders going in for September production (4 door soft tops to be built if MAP runs out of "buildable" units), we aren't there yet.
Yeah but what about if a buyer cancelled their order with the dealer and the dealer didn't cancel it with Ford? The dealer receives it and puts it up for sale. I can definitely see that happening.

Sponsored

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Forgive my rant for hijacking your post. This is a great observation and something that has been bothering me in a similar regard is the notion that people that have waited for a year and are about to wait for another would watch people show up yesterday and get themselves a bronco. This is just in poor taste. It shows Ford improvising to make sales and prop its quarterly earnings.
Even if they have attempted to come up with new solutions to this production issue, it just does not look good trying to stock dealerships while reservation holders are languishing out here because they committed the sin of ordering a Wildtrak or Sasquatch. In fact, it is self serving and petty.
Perception is reality, and if they keep allowing all these other Bronco allocations to happen it may help their numbers in the short term but in the long run their reputation will take a hit. This is my first Ford, and, also, the first time i have put down money for a reservation ,and, frankly, the next time i see "Ford" and "reservation" together, i will have flashbacks.
Bottomline, if Ford(including dealerships) want to deal with the image issue that will result from this in the long run they should take a financial hit in the short term instead of a reputation hit by: -making some emergency investments in the shortage items like the MIC top
- refrain from coming up with schemes that will net them a few dollars from the sale of a few Broncos.
The current approach is not addressing the interest of all the stakeholders, and, quite frankly, i am starting to feel like I am being played for a sucker.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thread three million, two hundred and seventy two thousand, nine hundred and fifty three about this topic

Bronco Drew

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2008 Mustang Shelby
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am close friends with GM of a Ford dealer, who is as frustrated as most folks on this forum, doesn't like the wishy washy info that comes from Ford, he also takes the brunt of frustration with customers mad at him......

He does have a Bronco showing "available" on the website but as "in transit" and it says "call dealer". He says its a mannequin/demo/show vehicle coming for people to try out and that already there is a ton of folks lining up to drive......... it does seem like bait, I suppose, but its easiest way to show folks there is an actual vehicle coming to touch/drive/evaluate.........

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called a dealer out of Oregon that had several listed at MSRP, they even had VIN numbers posted that were valid. They said their website automatically lists vehicles for sale once they have VIN numbers slated for their store (as TheWoo said), each of the Broncos were for reservation holders. So, back to waiting...

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like a dealer in my neck of the woods has an Outer Banks for $60k with "Upfit/Accessories" worth $10k. 😂 😂

Well, these dealers must know some people that know some people up in Dearborn.

Screenshot_20210720-212633~2.jpg
Sponsored