First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yesterday I went to pick up a couple things that I ordered through the dealership. Nothing big, just a rear cargo mat and a set of door sill plates for my 2 door. Payed for them via FordPass points. After I got home I noticed on the invoice they were priced way over the listed price on accessories.ford.com. Basically $100 extra per item. Is this some kind of up charge for using points? I have to go back because they gave me a wrong part and plan on having a talk with them. Anyone have experience with this?
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Online prices do not include shipping. But I am also willing to bet, there is a dealer markup as well

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Order all my stuff through Levintown (sp?) Ford in NY. Cheaper than Ford website or any local dealer.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Should be the same prices as listed on ford accessory page. If you look at some of the accessory packages that some people here were stuck with when they purchased dealer mannequins, the prices listed match exactly with the cost of those items on the ford accessory website.

If they charged you $100 more for each item, take them back and buy online elsewhere.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You may have inadvertently paid for installation. When shopping online there is an install or no install choice. And there should not be a shipping charge unless it is an oversize item - like a modular top. There is no upcharge to use pass points.

And no matter where you buy, at your dealer or online, you ARE buying from a dealer. Dealers are only ones that can sell this stuff - you cannot even order direct from Ford

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's possible your dealer's parts department marked them up (or more likely the service manager since I think you usually have to do the transaction with the service manager to use the Ford reward points to pay). Call the dealer's parts department and ask for the price for that part #.

There are some places online (and on B6G) that offer discount pricing on the accessories but the high shipping costs usually eat up any discounts even if they don't charge sales tax. I found my dealer's parts department has an online coupon for 15% off and charges the same prices as Ford accessories online. No shipping costs, so close enough and I keep the business local. Check your dealer's website for coupons.

On a side note, I was going to use my points to buy Ford accessories but started wondering about the inconvenience (having service manager have to order each time) and if I would truly buy $1310 of accessories from the dealer. I ended up taking a different route and indirectly converted them to cash; I had just already brought the Ford extended warranty from Zeigler (at a big discount) and paid in full. I called and asked if I could use the $1310 in Ford reward points. They said no problem, applied the points to the purchase from the prior week and issued a $1310 credit to my bank card. I now have $1310 I can use to buy accessories from any business.

Last edited:

Taichi

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 XLT sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good luck trying to figure out pricing at a dealership parts dept.. I've been quoted different prices by a dealership for the same part, just a different parts guy working that day lol.
Sponsored