Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The current availability of Broncos, although improving, is still challenging for prospective buyers like myself. While I have an OBX on order locally (told 4-6 month wait), I've been searching the internet nationwide for a Bronco similar to what I have on order in dealer's inventory for a quicker delivery.

I've been unpleasantly surprised at how many dealerships will list a car available and, on their lot, showing the sticker (I have a copy which they sent) and VIN number, but knowing full well that many of these cars are private, customer orders and certainly NOT available. It's happened at least 5 times, with the latest one being Barbee's Freeway Ford in Denver. I guess they want to talk me into another car and/or just keep me interested.

Ford dealerships certainly don't have a monopoly on this type of activity. A while back, I was interested in a Rubicon 20Th Year anniversary EXE Edition, supposedly for sale on the dealer's premises (Huntington Beach, CA). I was conducting the deal online and on the phone over about 10 days. There were offering the car at a 16K discount! and an additional $7500 government rebate for the hybrid.

Bottom line, the car never existed! I told them I was going to drive 7 hours to their dealership and I'd be there when it opened in the morning. I said I'd call right before they closed the night before to insure the car was still there so I wouldn't make a 14 hour R/T for nothing. They said they couldn't guarantee the car would be there when I showed up. I then asked how many cars they usually sell between 10PM at night, and 9AM the next morning when they re-opened. He answered, "well, you never know".

Thanks for listening to my ramblings...I feel better!
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are all shady minus a select handful. Ford needs to direct sell. Dealers can still sell too. But they just wont get any orders.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is common, all units go into the dealer's website pre-delivery, it's been covered on the forum many times.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The current availability of Broncos, although improving, is still challenging for prospective buyers like myself. While I have an OBX on order locally (told 4-6 month wait), I've been searching the internet nationwide for a Bronco similar to what I have on order in dealer's inventory for a quicker delivery.

I've been unpleasantly surprised at how many dealerships will list a car available and, on their lot, showing the sticker (I have a copy which they sent) and VIN number, but knowing full well that many of these cars are private, customer orders and certainly NOT available. It's happened at least 5 times, with the latest one being Barbee's Freeway Ford in Denver. I guess they want to talk me into another car and/or just keep me interested.

Ford dealerships certainly don't have a monopoly on this type of activity. A while back, I was interested in a Rubicon 20Th Year anniversary EXE Edition, supposedly for sale on the dealer's premises (Huntington Beach, CA). I was conducting the deal online and on the phone over about 10 days. There were offering the car at a 16K discount! and an additional $7500 government rebate for the hybrid.

Bottom line, the car never existed! I told them I was going to drive 7 hours to their dealership and I'd be there when it opened in the morning. I said I'd call right before they closed the night before to insure the car was still there so I wouldn't make a 14 hour R/T for nothing. They said they couldn't guarantee the car would be there when I showed up. I then asked how many cars they usually sell between 10PM at night, and 9AM the next morning when they re-opened. He answered, "well, you never know".

Thanks for listening to my ramblings...I feel better!
What are you looking for??? My dealer is honest and no markups.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They are all shady minus a select handful. Ford needs to direct sell. Dealers can still sell too. But they just wont get any orders.
I would agree with the first statement. I would like to the second happen. But it is stupidly illegal. And there is no chance the government would change it.
This is common, all units go into the dealer's website pre-delivery, it's been covered on the forum many times.
Exactly. If a car is going to a dealer it automatically shows up in their inventory.

Sponsored

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can also usually tell by the color of the window sticker. If its blue, it's a stock order and green it's a custom order. Now that being said....someone may have walked away from a custom order and the dealer might have it for sale as well if your lucky.

Jo.S.

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had this from a local dealer. I would go test drive broncos and they never got back to me on the details because they were other people's broncos. I would be so mad if a dealer let other people test drive my vehicle.
Sponsored