Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the release, I have been blindly loyal to the Bronco. I initially thought it was perfect and was all-in. Take my money, Ford. However, one hit after another has me starting to question things.

First, it was the additional delays after the release. It went from early spring to mid 2021.

Then, it was the realization of just how terrible the Gray MIC hardtop is. No need to belabor that point anymore.

Then it was the questions around allocation casting more doubt on when we will actually own a Bronco.

Now, it's the X-Plan disaster that is fresh in everyone's mind.

So, I'm starting to look a little deeper into what I'm signing up for. I wonder how much I'm being fooled by some of the best marketing I've ever seen. I say this because:

1. Nobody has driven this vehicle except Ford. They took All Access Andy on a ride around a course designed for the Bronco.
Oh wow!

and

2. Independent evaluators have effectively been shut out in favor of a Ford run scam that is Bronco Nation.

None of us really know how capable this vehicle is. All we've been fed is a message that is tightly controlled by Ford.
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feel better now?

Sorry but threads like this or starting to get ridiculous.

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feel better now?

Sorry but threads like this or starting to get ridiculous.
If we can't have discussions on the concerns, then what is the point of this message board? I can get all of the "ra ra" material I want from Bronco Nation and Ford.

I'm about to spend $55k on a vehicle, I think it's fair to want to discuss the potential pitfalls.

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If we can't have discussions on the concerns, then what is the point of this message board? I can get all of the "ra ra" material I want from Bronco Nation and Ford.

I'm about to spend $55k on a vehicle, I think it's fair to want to discuss the potential pitfalls.
It is not that you are not allowed, it is that there are already 500 threads that are exactly the same. Nothing new will come from this one.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand your frustrations. if there is delay that’s just more time for a bigger down payment for me. i’m getting 1k off of invoice from my dealership so x-plan was only $300 more dollars off so i’m not tripping.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, yes, yes, it was all designed to get bridge a 12+ month gap. Nothing to see here...They won, it worked.

fara

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP - Fair points. I think a lot of people are probably feeling tinges of the same but would rather focus on just moving forward with the dreams and adventures we've created and hyped up for ourselves. "How dare you question any of it - give up your spot now!" ;)

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clam down- good video of a Broncos running trails and desert-

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Doug... I just want to say right now I'm behaving. So when it comes time for you to drop the hammer, hopefully it's not me ?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

niknailor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doug... I just want to say right now I'm behaving. So when it comes time for you to drop the hammer, hopefully it's not me ?
Truly a broken clock is right twice a day! ;) :ROFLMAO:

Scratic

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like this is a thread that will just be a huge cluster f**ck of people complaining and complaining and complaining.
THIS! As the site has grown, every thread has almost immediately drifted into entitled complaining and Ford bashing. We’re in this for a hundred bucks, (unless you’ve given a dealer more) which is completely refundable. Maybe don’t commit to to an unreleased product if you’re unwilling go along for the ride of changes, rescheduling, etc. There are plenty of vehicles available for purchase right now that you can sit in, drive and take home today. Although I’m guessing that each of those probably has their own legion of entitled, whiney adult babies that suck the fun out of those too. This is probably an unpopular opinion, and I expect that the 6g’ers will do what they now do best, and essentially what it is that I’m doing now, complain online. Thanks @Chrism81, I feel alone coming here to read the latest updates only to find one more place on the internet that only used to be enjoyable.