Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since the release, I have been blindly loyal to the Bronco. I initially thought it was perfect and was all-in. Take my money, Ford. However, one hit after another has me starting to question things.

First, it was the additional delays after the release. It went from early spring to mid 2021.

Then, it was the realization of just how terrible the Gray MIC hardtop is. No need to belabor that point anymore.

Then it was the questions around allocation casting more doubt on when we will actually own a Bronco.

Now, it's the X-Plan disaster that is fresh in everyone's mind.

So, I'm starting to look a little deeper into what I'm signing up for. I wonder how much I'm being fooled by some of the best marketing I've ever seen. I say this because:

1. Nobody has driven this vehicle except Ford. They took All Access Andy on a ride around a course designed for the Bronco.
Oh wow!

and

2. Independent evaluators have effectively been shut out in favor of a Ford run scam that is Bronco Nation.

None of us really know how capable this vehicle is. All we've been fed is a message that is tightly controlled by Ford.
So was there a question in there or are you just looking for some sort of coddling therapy session?

Seriously, what on earth was the point of your comment? Are you so indecisive that you can’t make a decision without running a poll or consulting with others?

This reminds me of the type of groupthink and herd mentality that has turned this country into a paralyzed bunch of mind-numbed robots in 2020.

SNAP OUT OF IT!

Buy a Bronco if you want to, and if you don’t want to, newsflash, NOBODY ELSE GIVES A DAMN!
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well said, with the ever changing rules Ford keeps making up, you have to wonder what other surprises we are in store for.

If there are no independent reviews soon, that seems to be a big red flag.
How? Big red flag? Really?

You do realize that ANY vehicle launch from EVERY manufacturer has a waiting period before reviews and drives are allowed, usually shortly before they arrive at dealers, not to mention when they occur, they're also embargoed until X date set by the manufacturer.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The forum has decended into madness....because most days theres little or no new substantive news, so we're left to argue amongst ourselves.
Everyone's got to admit Ford hasn't done themselves any favors in this. They have what probably will be a pretty decent vehicle; quite a few variations and maybe some improvements over the standard bearer; the Wrangler. At the same time the "reveal" seems to be playing out over a few years time, a particularly poor and disjointed effort, and some things Ford has shown it turns out won't even be offered. (?) All of us including me could probably afford to just calm the f___ down and not beat each other up so much, and hopefully the eventual actual vehicle will be pretty d___ good. Carry on.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Feel better now?

Sorry but threads like this or starting to get ridiculous.
Thank you. This is becoming like FB, I have to avoid so much negative crap so that I don't get discouraged. Depart!

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The forum has decended into madness....because most days theres little or no new substantive news, so we're left to argue amongst ourselves.
Everyone's got to admit Ford hasn't done themselves any favors in this. They have what probably will be a pretty decent vehicle; quite a few variations and maybe some improvements over the standard bearer; the Wrangler. At the same time the "reveal" seems to be playing out over a few years time, a particularly poor and disjointed effort, and some things Ford has shown it turns out won't even be offered. (?) All of us including me could probably afford to just calm the f___ down and not beat each other up so much, and hopefully the eventual actual vehicle will be pretty d___ good. Carry on.
You know, we should all be thrilled. It's only because they hit it out of the park! Of course that creates problems. Duh! If you don't like that, go away. Now.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Seems like this is a thread that will just be a huge cluster f**ck of people complaining and complaining and complaining."
He complained.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, obviously some of us have seen more footage of the new Bronco. I can’t comment on the grey MIC as I will be getting the black modular, I also have no complaints on the x-plan, as the GM at my dealer said he will honor x-plan pricing, and as far as testing goes, maybe go watch the Rubicon and Moab runs again. Except for some of the modern “super cars” Ford GT, Ford Raptor, Shelby 500, Viper Snakeskin, GT350R, Z06, etc, this vehicle is unprecedented for a new model in recent history. There has been no real head to head competitor to the Jeep Wrangler; I believe Ford has done an admirable job on the design and marketing, I will admit there could be better communication, but that doesn’t really affect the purchase process for the 80% of the people that will be buying one, (forum members probably only make up 20%). That being said, I can understand the frustration with shelling out almost $60k on a production vehicle that nobody has really seen or driven.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll get crucified for this probably, but... I agree 100%. I mean has everyone here forgotten that we're just talking about a truck? I know. I know. It's been an absolutely craptastic year in so many ways. All the more reason to try really hard to maintain some perspective. It's a freakin' truck.

I don't intend to throw cold water over peoples dreams. I was thrilled when I saw the new Bronco. It's basically what I wanted but never imagined would come to exist. I'm mostly thrilled to know that I wasn't alone. And the passion of this community is testament that a vehicle with some soul... the vehicle that I want IS viable and it's coming!

Is it perfect? No? Has the launch been perfect? Probably not. Did anyone ever promise that this was going to be everything you ever hoped it would be and more... without a single wart? When is the last time anyone here saw something perfect? There was no way that Ford was going to please everyone.

Rewind your brain to the reveal. Start with how you felt then. Reprocess all of the facts that we've learned since. Not the emotional ups and downs that are this form/herd. Reassess your opinion of the vehicle based on that. If you feel like you're just not that interested, or not impressed, then YES you bought into the hype and into the marketing. Be thankful that the prolonged release has given you the chance to realize it before it's too late. It's not cheap.

Nobody should be coming here asking for this forum to validate their decisions or talk them into, or out of anything. I mean they can, but I suggest it's not going to work out well. Certainly, there are many great people here. But at the same time, we're really just a collection of a$$holes on the internet... and I mean that in the most complementary way possible. I wouldn't be here if I didn't enjoy (most of) the discourse. Trust yourself. Step back. Assess. Decide. Act.

I'm happy to be here (usually) and I'm excited to maybe own a Bronco, if I don't change my mind.

I'm sorry this is so long and don't feel bad for not reading it. It's just more words from one of us internet a$$holes. But that's all your likely to get on the internet.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always wanted a convertible, an off road vehicle and a turbo charged vehicle. This one checks all of those and then some. I almost went with a Wrangler despite the pitfalls and problems, then Covid came and shut things down long enough for the Bronco to show up. I can't afford 3 separate cars to check those boxes nor would I want that.
I never paid attention to the old ones, they were long gone before my car buying time (not counting the OJ version, never liked those). I'll be happy if I get this hot new thing at sticker price, if I can get a better deal locally that's great, but I am not expecting it. It'll be expensive either way.
I just want this thing with no silly "sports bar" above my head, adventure awaits, be it on pavement or off road, it'll do al of that, Ford knows this thing has to deliver and they seem to be having a lot of fun with the design and options. I'll never have a roof rack, RTT (see that convertible part) or fishing rods mounted on the hood, but it's nice to know that I could.

Unless B&P prices me out of what I want (I'm not willing to compromise and have a set budget) I'll be driving this thing sometime next year. And I have a growing list of trails to hit. Besides, high speed sports cars make no sense to me in America, if I still lived in Germany I'd get something for the Autobahn, but not here where any car can risk a speeding ticket at 80MpH ;-)

I can't wait for my school bus yellow cyber orange mini monster truck on 35 inch wheels :)

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always wanted a convertible, an off road vehicle and a turbo charged vehicle. This one checks all of those and then some. I almost went with a Wrangler despite the pitfalls and problems, then Covid came and shut things down long enough for the Bronco to show up. I can't afford 3 separate cars to check those boxes nor would I want that.
I never paid attention to the old ones, they were long gone before my car buying time (not counting the OJ version, never liked those). I'll be happy if I get this hot new thing at sticker price, if I can get a better deal locally that's great, but I am not expecting it. It'll be expensive either way.
I just want this thing with no silly "sports bar" above my head, adventure awaits, be it on pavement or off road, it'll do al of that, Ford knows this thing has to deliver and they seem to be having a lot of fun with the design and options. I'll never have a roof rack, RTT (see that convertible part) or fishing rods mounted on the hood, but it's nice to know that I could.

Unless B&P prices me out of what I want (I'm not willing to compromise and have a set budget) I'll be driving this thing sometime next year. And I have a growing list of trails to hit. Besides, high speed sports cars make no sense to me in America, if I still lived in Germany I'd get something for the Autobahn, but not here where any car can risk a speeding ticket at 80MpH ;-)

I can't wait for my school bus yellow cyber orange mini monster truck on 35 inch wheels :)
Where do you live that you get a speeding ticket for going 80 mph on the highway? Not Florida, obviously.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where do you live that you get a speeding ticket for going 80 mph on the highway? Not Florida, obviously.
Some sections of interstate where I live are only 55 mph so you can definitely get a ticket for driving 80 mph through those zones.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some sections of interstate where I live are only 55 mph so you can definitely get a ticket for driving 80 mph through those zones.
Oh, in Florida that is just cruising speed.
Sponsored