chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

THIS! As the site has grown, every thread has almost immediately drifted into entitled complaining and Ford bashing. We’re in this for a hundred bucks, (unless you’ve given a dealer more) which is completely refundable. Maybe don’t commit to to an unreleased product if you’re unwilling go along for the ride of changes, rescheduling, etc. There are plenty of vehicles available for purchase right now that you can sit in, drive and take home today. Although I’m guessing that each of those probably has their own legion of entitled, whiney adult babies that suck the fun out of those too. This is probably an unpopular opinion, and I expect that the 6g’ers will do what they now do best, and essentially what it is that I’m doing now, complain online. Thanks @Chrism81, I feel alone coming here to read the latest updates only to find one more place on the internet that only used to be enjoyable.
I used to come here a lot more to hear about the latest news and leaks, but now It's just not fun anymore. I will voice my opinion in the main threads about the issues, but there are just sooooo many other threads opening up about the same thing.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Since the release, I have been blindly loyal to the Bronco. I initially thought it was perfect and was all-in. Take my money, Ford. However, one hit after another has me starting to question things.

First, it was the additional delays after the release. It went from early spring to mid 2021.

Then, it was the realization of just how terrible the Gray MIC hardtop is. No need to belabor that point anymore.

Then it was the questions around allocation casting more doubt on when we will actually own a Bronco.

Now, it's the X-Plan disaster that is fresh in everyone's mind.

So, I'm starting to look a little deeper into what I'm signing up for. I wonder how much I'm being fooled by some of the best marketing I've ever seen. I say this because:

1. Nobody has driven this vehicle except Ford. They took All Access Andy on a ride around a course designed for the Bronco.
Oh wow!

and

2. Independent evaluators have effectively been shut out in favor of a Ford run scam that is Bronco Nation.

None of us really know how capable this vehicle is. All we've been fed is a message that is tightly controlled by Ford.
Well said, with the ever changing rules Ford keeps making up, you have to wonder what other surprises we are in store for.

If there are no independent reviews soon, that seems to be a big red flag.

Ibleve

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR, for now
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a glass half full guy. The Bronco is ( from all we know with the ford*testing and those of us that saw at cel East or west, a solid, well built vehicle. We all want to get a good deal, to “win” the car buying game; yes, x plan exclusion stings, but still good deals at good dealers out there. I am in the camp that come Friday, my realities and expectations will meet, but do not anticipate any deal breakers..I am looking forward to driving my baddiamondbentrack home from West Virginia to Tennessee is about 9 months.

Scratic

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to come here a lot more to hear about the latest news and leaks, but now It's just not fun anymore. I will voice my opinion in the main threads about the issues, but there are just sooooo many other threads opening up about the same thing.
Same. Lol, I’ve wanted to say something for the longest time. Longtime lurker, so I’ve seen the change. They only feed off of each other so it’s like it reproduces by masterbation. The sad part is that it will only get worse.

Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only concern is buying a car sight unseen. My expectation is that every dealership has a 2-door or 4-door Bronco on the lot when we each go in to have the dealer place our order. I don’t think that’s asking too much.

Coopertribe

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This place needs something like a Discord server and have just a rant channel where people can go and vent and vent among each other.
How 'bout a Frowny Face button and a Smiley Face button....push one to get catered threads to suit yer mood!

Sponsored

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since the release, I have been blindly loyal to the Bronco. I initially thought it was perfect and was all-in. Take my money, Ford. However, one hit after another has me starting to question things.

First, it was the additional delays after the release. It went from early spring to mid 2021.

Then, it was the realization of just how terrible the Gray MIC hardtop is. No need to belabor that point anymore.

Then it was the questions around allocation casting more doubt on when we will actually own a Bronco.

Now, it's the X-Plan disaster that is fresh in everyone's mind.

So, I'm starting to look a little deeper into what I'm signing up for. I wonder how much I'm being fooled by some of the best marketing I've ever seen. I say this because:

1. Nobody has driven this vehicle except Ford. They took All Access Andy on a ride around a course designed for the Bronco.
Oh wow!

and

2. Independent evaluators have effectively been shut out in favor of a Ford run scam that is Bronco Nation.

None of us really know how capable this vehicle is. All we've been fed is a message that is tightly controlled by Ford.
Sounds like the Russians got to you.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we can't have discussions on the concerns, then what is the point of this message board? I can get all of the "ra ra" material I want from Bronco Nation and Ford.

I'm about to spend $55k on a vehicle, I think it's fair to want to discuss the potential pitfalls.
IMO, the forum is for information and decision support, not emotional support. If you haven't heard what you need to hear by the time you need to commit something, then don't buy. That's where I'm at. I'm excited about the Bronco, but I haven't married it yet.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we can't have discussions on the concerns, then what is the point of this message board? I can get all of the "ra ra" material I want from Bronco Nation and Ford.

I'm about to spend $55k on a vehicle, I think it's fair to want to discuss the potential pitfalls.
Whining is not discussing, I would happily discuss anything BRONCO!

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Probably would have been a better roll out if not for the pandemic. But keep things in perspective. The bronco seems to be a vehicle that is addressing a lot of what the jeep should have done long since but did not because the lack of competition stifled innovation. This first iteration of bronco is going after jeep aggressively and in the years to follow with warthog, hybrid, all electric, etc. ford is going to sustain the effort of attempting to be the preeminent American suv for off roading. Any jeep fan that sees substantial, transformational progress & development in the jeep line up will have the bronco to thank. Odds are there will be enough display models in dealers for most folks to see first hand what the vehicles are like. Addiitonally by the time you are required to take delivery, we all will be aware of the reviews and if after test driving your specially ordered bronco, you do not like it, well you do not have to purchase it. Despite the roll out warts, make no mistake, my money is on the ford bronco being a stunning success.
Sponsored