Sponsored

News on further order submission delays (current dealer saying so)?

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone actually going to get a Bronco in 2021? I’m starting to think not.
I haven't thought so since the interview before the holidays. "part constraints" for popular options. How is this possible when they've had years to get ready? Covid-19 or not. Get your shit together.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Scam ? Dealers don't control the B & P. My dealer was being proactive back in late November asking for my build PDF. Wasn't that Ford's words that dealers would be contacting us in November? We worked on then current pricing and agreed to a number.
My build hasn't changes since then. He has it-it's ready to go. Yes the 10sp Auto bumped the price. It is what it is. We will work on a new price and I can accept it or reject it.
The problem is that there are other inaccuracies in the B+P. There’s zero reason for you to send it to them other than for them to make you feel locked in with them. Which isn’t true.

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I see what you are saying, but one thing that you don't typically run into in the Army is exclusive contracts or Partnerships where in the agreement it has a nice little blurb saying something like "we can meet these production requirements.....unless there is an act of God etc." Which I am pretty sure is covered by COVID.

However, since they have multiple product line each one could possibly have a different manufacturer or contract.

Plan B in the Army may just be shot them faster. (Joking) but it is a bit easier to shift a plan in battle since you don't have a contract with the enemy.
having sold parts to the military in my previous life, i can assure you their procurement isnt that different. for specialized parts there is only one qualified vendor and they get hit with multiple RFP from 3rd parties and the DFAS direct for the same thing. even then the parts dont magically appear. short of an act of war or something like that the manufacturer is allowed to take normal manufacturing time and get parts when they are able to.

Also last time there was a truly global event that affected/disrupted all countries in the world it was called WWII.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have watched all available videos that I know about, and do not remember such a quote. This is how misinformation gets spread.

If you can't provide a source - just don't post it.
In the Video at 16:23-

hen asking about reservation holders opting for a 22.

“I think a lot of you won’t have a choice to wait for a MY22. To be honest. Don’t take my word for it. I assume a lot of people will be waiting for a MY22. But I hope you do. Again, I’ll get an official answer on that.”

FWIW, Leads me to believe that even he had little faith that even a minority of people will get a 21 model. It’s in the way he was chuckling about it.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The problem is that there are other inaccuracies in the B+P. There’s zero reason for you to send it to them other than for them to make you feel locked in with them. Which isn’t true.
how do you figure that, I agree the pricing agreement is idiotic but just having the build isnt a problem or a scam

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the Video at 16:23-

hen asking about reservation holders opting for a 22.

“I think a lot of you won’t have a choice to wait for a MY22. To be honest. Don’t take my word for it. I assume a lot of people will be waiting for a MY22. But I hope you do. Again, I’ll get an official answer on that.”

FWIW, Leads me to believe that even he had little faith that even a minority of people will get a 21 model. It’s in the way he was chuckling about it.
Thanks for taking the time to verify and look it up! The additional context is valuable.

What he said here is nothing that we haven't already understood. I think we've all come to the realization that a very large number of people will receive MY22s, but it is still likely that there will be plenty of people getting MY21s.

It was never said that "we all may be waiting for a MY22". And that is not what was intended in the statement IMO.

Extrapolate your own opinion as you will - but I choose to believe there will be lots of MY21s produced and delivered based on all the information we have.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol that's true, but that is not their job either.

Exactly, which makes the comparison invalid. The military contracts with multiple suppliers because duplicity is good for national defense. They are are not contingency contracts, but actual contracts for fulfilment. They do not ask FN or S&W to tool up and commit resources in case Colt can't deliver said contract. They contract with both to provide a certain amount of product. Usually at a much higher rate than normal to ensure the viability of the company to provide future product.

If Ford did what you wanted, they'd be paying multiple companies to tool up and commit resources for a product they might never make. Can you imagine what the consumer cost would be if they did that? Our Bronco would become government expensive.

They could have contracted with two companies to provide hard tops, but that would have increased the price of the individual tops. People are bitching enough as it is about the price. It's a double edge sword, make an affordable product that sells and make a profit for shareholders. That doesn't create extra baskets to keep your eggs in.

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lol that's true, but that is not their job either.
It's not their job to turn a profit and that's the difference. Also helps that you can just print more money anytime you need/want it.

TBH your original post missed the differences between a for profit business and govt funded service provider and thats what triggered the response.

I have always believed that most business have a You Pick two menu across: Price, Quality and Delivery.
I would rater have Ford compromise on Delivery, and hold the Price and Quality, but that's just me.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who is " locked in " ? My dealer and I know that it's not a contract yet. The dealer clearly knows I have a 2nd reservation sitting as a backup ready to transfer. There is every reason to send it to your dealer.
It's long past time to sort out the lookers from the buyers. It's long past time for Ford to get a handle on commodity demands. It's long past time to get it done.
At this point there can only be a few reasons not to fix the B & P and take orders. They found a build problem and have not yet solved the design issues. Covid issues within the work force. They can't see a way to align the needed commodites to build any reasonable amount of MY21 units.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who is " locked in " ? My dealer and I know that it's not a contract yet. The dealer clearly knows I have a 2nd reservation sitting as a backup ready to transfer. There is every reason to send it to your dealer.
It's long past time to sort out the lookers from the buyers. It's long past time for Ford to get a handle on commodity demands. It's long past time to get it done.
At this point there can only be a few reasons not to fix the B & P and take orders. They found a build problem and have not yet solved the design issues. Covid issues within the work force. They can't see a way to align the needed commodites to build any reasonable amount of MY21 units.
You're an informed consumer with a good relationship with your dealer. We're not talking about people like you.

We're talking about the customers who don't know any better, who are being lied to by the dealer, and who are being told their order is submitted. These people, whether true or not, believe they are "locked in" with their dealer, and don't realize they have options or opportunities to shop around.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's not their job to turn a profit and that's the difference. Also helps that you can just print more money anytime you need/want it.

TBH your original post missed the differences between a for profit business and govt funded service provider and thats what triggered the response.

I have always believed that most business have a You Pick two menu across: Price, Quality and Delivery.
I would rater have Ford compromise on Delivery, and hold the Price and Quality, but that's just me.
I will agree with that statement as that is spot on. I just hate when people come on here and will fight tooth and nail to defend Ford when they have been grossly inconsistent to say the least. As someone else said, maybe it was you, but maybe Ford showed their full hand way too early and gave out too much info to the consumer prematurely. I would have been happy if Ford would have just said after the reveal, "We are still planning on launching the Bronco 2 and 4-Door in 2021 but due to unforeseen circumstances regarding the pandemic, we will have no further information until final pricing and our Build and Price tool is completed, finished, and streamlined. Please refer to your Bronco forum of choice to continue seeing cool concepts and preproduction models as they come off the line. Nothing you see will be considered final production until ordering begins. Please stop bothering our dealers as they tend to know less than you do lol." I also understand that Ford had to appease shareholders so that can screw things as well. Also, can you tell I just enjoy debating?

Last edited:

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford did what you wanted, they'd be paying multiple companies to tool up and commit resources for a product they might never make. Can you imagine what the consumer cost would be if they did that? Our Bronco would become government expensive.
"to purchase tools". It'd be even more expensive because Ford purchases/owns the molds/tools for things like a roof. Just in case a company goes out of business, they can pack up and move to a different supplier more quickly.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Scam, yeah right, since the email from the dealer doesn't make any mention of a monetary amount it ain't exactly a scam. And, if anyone thinks it's a scam pick up your cool little $1000 smart phone and call the dealer up and find out what's going on. Honestly, this forum cracks me up with all the blah blah blah of nothing more than speculation and conjecture when the facts can easily be verified! That is all, carry on! :ROFLMAO:
Excellent news, please verify the facts for us then?
Sponsored