Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This looks like another opportunity for @StickerFab to create a sheet of labels to cover the backlit portion (once original AUX numbers sanded/rubbed off) just like already made for the buttons themselves.

StickerFab

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stickerfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This looks like another opportunity for @StickerFab to create a sheet of labels to cover the backlit portion (once original AUX numbers sanded/rubbed off) just like already made for the buttons themselves.
I don't want to thread hijack but if OP doesn't mind. One of the reasons I never finished the Jeep ones was because you would lose the factory illumination if you didn’t do the same thing.

Ford Bronco Custom Illuminated Aux Switches - DIY image

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I love the glow-in-the-dark ones I already have from @StickerFab but back lit ones would be amazing.

OP
OP
dcaero

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't want to thread hijack but if OP doesn't mind. One of the reasons I never finished the Jeep ones was because you would lose the factory illumination if you didn’t do the same thing.

I definitely was thinking of Stickerfab when doing this. In order to make it all more palatable for someone to purchase you'd need an easier/better way to sand and then align them. Results could vary for everyone depending on how steady of a hand you have. Also would need to make a custom font because I manually edited just these letters to get it to work.

Sponsored

StickerFab

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stickerfab.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I definitely was thinking of Stickerfab when doing this. In order to make it all more palatable for someone to purchase you'd need an easier/better way to sand and then align them. Results could vary for everyone depending on how steady of a hand you have. Also would need to make a custom font because I manually edited just these letters to get it to work.
Nice. I have some fonts I could toy with that may be Bronco appropriate. It would take a nice steady hand to get the sanding done.

The StickerFab Application fluid gives you the freedom to move the vinyl around until you find the proper alignment. So that part should be easy.

Guess it just comes down to how many people are willing to do the real work.

Looks great though!

OP
OP
dcaero

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Squatched

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is good. I’ll need to do the same

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did, but it's numerous interior panels and figured I'd give it a shot before doing that. It was a pain to be in an awkward position but hey it worked out.
Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel in awkward positions at times for 4 years. You guys related? ;) Really nice job

Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I made the same comment when I posted my mod over a year, maybe yours will get traction.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How about using an electric eraser and an eraser shield? Only my fellow dinosaurs will know what I'm talking about!

That is old school. I used a Dremel and freehand it, didn’t think about the metal template which is much cleaner

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Once you get the stickers in place, you can use a hobby knife and a steady hand to trim out the bridges in that font to make it look more like the Bronco font as well. It's actually a lot easier than it sounds.

How about using an electric eraser and an eraser shield? Only my fellow dinosaurs will know what I'm talking about!

1707504574800.png

1707504481525.png
Well damn, I didn't realize I was a dinosaur but I did use those things in drafting class. Mostly used that rounded off rectangle at the bottom and the larger teardrop for pretty much everything. Not nearly as much as the guy next to me was though, I'm surprised he didn't have stencil shaped holes in his papers with all the mistakes he was making lol

I bet it would work, but you'd need a different type of eraser insert. Cratex makes rubber abrasives that use the same eraser rubber(?) composition, except they mix in some grit as well for use in engine turning/"jeweling" kits. If you found the right grit and stencil shape, I'd say this combo would make an excellent kit for removing the masking paint off the switches to leave a defined shape and smooth finish that one might mistake for being factory if they didn't know there were supposed to be words there.

OP
OP
dcaero

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Once you get the stickers in place, you can use a hobby knife and a steady hand to trim out the bridges in that font to make it look more like the Bronco font as well. It's actually a lot easier than it sounds.
Great idea!