Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I searched for a front skid plate to replace my cheap plastic OEM version and never found anything I liked. I honestly don't like the narrow skid plates on the market today so I had a local fab shop make me a duplicate OEM skid plate with 3/16" metal. I had them cut the bronco pony and BRONCO name out and powder coat it so it would show. It cost me a pretty penny but I am very happy with how it turned out. This past weekend I've hit quite a few rocks with it in the front while rock crawling and haven't had any issues with it bending at the ends or catching where the logos are.
Ford Bronco Custom Skid Plate skid plate 2
Ford Bronco Custom Skid Plate skid plate 1
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s badass, what did it run you?

OP
OP
SFAforester

SFAforester

Base
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s badass, what did it run you?
Well over a $1000. But this metal shop is small and didn't have the (lidar) electronics to easily recreate the OEM skid plate I provided to them...and that's a pretty complicated skid plate! They did a lot of measuring, modifying, rolling to get it right. I'm in process of trying to get him to give me a price of what it would cost to recreate it now that he has all the measurements in his computer. He hadn't gotten back with me yet.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I searched for a front skid plate to replace my cheap plastic OEM version and never found anything I liked. I honestly don't like the narrow skid plates on the market today so I had a local fab shop make me a duplicate OEM skid plate with 3/16" metal. I had them cut the bronco pony and BRONCO name out and powder coat it so it would show. It cost me a pretty penny but I am very happy with how it turned out. This past weekend I've hit quite a few rocks with it in the front while rock crawling and haven't had any issues with it bending at the ends or catching where the logos are.
Nice! How many 6G's turned out at OCBR? I will definitely armor up my next 6G before going to Hot Springs because I had some brackets folded almost 180 degrees after Fun Run :oops:

OP
OP
SFAforester

SFAforester

Base
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice! How many 6G's turned out at OCBR? I will definitely armor up my next 6G before going to Hot Springs because I had some brackets folded almost 180 degrees after Fun Run :oops:
I think the total was 3 or 4. I hardly saw any. I had a lot of EB guys gawking at mine...I guess it's an eye catcher :cool: . Still many ED owners haven't seen one up close so was glad to give them a tour. They were really impressed with the trails I had no problem getting up.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That looks amazing! You get what you pay for

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Or you could try this one for a little over $100. Not NEARLY as nice as the OP's, but not plastic.
Sponsored