Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow!

how did you get a clean signal out of the OEM system?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love it!! :love:

I wonder where the second amp/DSP is hidden?? Didn't see that in any of the photos. (EDIT— Just kidding, both amps are there. Looks like driver side has the speaker amp and passenger side as the subwoofer amp.)

I also didn't see how the doors are wired—if he used the extra pins on the door connector that would be awesome. That's an idea I've toyed around with personally, but I was at my self-imposed budget limit for my upgrade so decided to table the idea for later. (I also am not sure I'm willing to lose the door storage.)

All-in-all this is definitely the way to do it if you really value audio quality. The real question is if you are willing to lose the storage with the subwoofer and speakers in the door/cargo area, and the "washability" by sticking electronics under the seat.

Wow!

how did you get a clean signal out of the OEM system?
It's just a simple Forscan change. He could have also cleaned it up with a DSP assuming he installed a DSP. I would assume he did, but it wasn't photographed.

Last edited:
OP
OP

JP Fabrication

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, VW R32, OBS Chevy Crewcab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks sweet!!! How did you wire up these door speakers? Were you able to tap into the factory harness that disconnects when you remove the doors or are they now hardwired and the doors unable to be removed?
I did not tap into the factory connector. There is a factory grommet behind the rubber door jam "filler" trim I used. then went through the factory wire harness door grommet. There is no connector added as these doors will never come off. A deutch connector can added for door removal.
There is a guy I follow on IG and YT that said he came up with a way to run the wires. I will post a link when he releases the video

ToddReynolds

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, 2023 Badlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not tap into the factory connector. There is a factory grommet behind the rubber door jam "filler" trim I used. then went through the factory wire harness door grommet. There is no connector added as these doors will never come off. A deutch connector can added for door removal.
There is a guy I follow on IG and YT that said he came up with a way to run the wires. I will post a link when he releases the video
Awesome thank you!!!

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice!!! Having my system put in as we speak. Are you running JL 10's? W-1's or W-3's? They are building me a down-firing JL 10's box behind my 900/5 JL amp.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm curious about this as well. I'd like to know a part number for the pins to go through the factory connector

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great work! I wish you lived in my neighborhood. ;-)

OP
OP

JP Fabrication

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very nice!!! Having my system put in as we speak. Are you running JL 10's? W-1's or W-3's? They are building me a down-firing JL 10's box behind my 900/5 JL amp.
10 TW3's. My first setup was a single 10TW3 on 550watts from a 5Ch Audison. Now I have 2 10TW3's on 1000watts. These are my favorite subs

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow! Just, wow! This is very cleanly done. Major props to you

Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe I'm silly but where did you mount those crossovers?

I have focal slatefibers and tried to put them in the foot wells but I think I get some sort of harmonic feedback because I'll catch a high pitch whine from the speakers at higher speeds.

OP
OP

JP Fabrication

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe I'm silly but where did you mount those crossovers?

I have focal slatefibers and tried to put them in the foot wells but I think I get some sort of harmonic feedback because I'll catch a high pitch whine from the speakers at higher speeds.
The 3-way Crossovers are under the drivers seat next to the 4ch amp. The door speakers are active

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Let me guess, NOT your first rodeo.... Well done. You got skills!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

52844305134_bb7d3417b7_k.jpg
IMG_1905 by Jon Polo, on Flickr

52844305179_04cac07a81_k.jpg
IMG_1904 by Jon Polo, on Flickr
Can you elaborate a bit on the parts used in your firewall pass through? Is that piece glued in place?

thanks.
Superb install. Outstanding craftsmanship.
Sponsored