First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife wanted a system, stay on budget side and take no space up so everything below is all mounted in the rear passenger side where the factory sub would have been installed.

So I original was finishing up the install with the following:

JL Audio c1-650 in front kick panels
JL Audio C1-400x in front dash and rear pods

I'm using a AudioControl LC2i 2-Channel Line-Out Converter to pull input from front panel output coming from the head unit for full range signal.

Soundstream PN4.1000D 1000W 4-Channel Picasso

• Channel 1 & 2 Powering 4 sets C1-400x in front dash and rear pods
  • Channel 3 & 4 Powering c1-650 in front kick panels
Soundstream PN2.350D 350W 2-Channel
  • Wired for 4 ohm load bridged off amp Skar Audio VD-8 D2 8" in custom fiberglass box in rear factory sub location.

Here's where I took a turn. I can't stand the rear 4 inch pods even though the wife loves everything so I ordered the SSV 6.5 speaker pods and the
Sundown Audio SA-65CX v.2 6.5" (They have great mid and low response).

So now my issue is:

1. Do I power both sets of the 6.5 off each channel from the 4 channel amp and power the 4 inch off the headunit (what does the headunit put out?) ............or
  2. Front 6.5 and front dash 4 inch setup each pair wired in series, then wired in parallel which would give me a 4ohm load, put bass blockers on the 4 inch? (i would lose power because the 4 inch are rated 50 rms max. The c1-650 are 75 rms max. The amp is 500 watts @ 4 ohm so I would lose half my amp potential power to give them all 62.5 watts and that's pushing the 4 inch and under pushing the 6.5 (if all numbers are true on output of amp)
Your suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP

XPerties

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I really asked to much of a detailed question and people got scared...lol.

Well I ended running front dash off the stereo which provided plenty of power. I added bass blockers 300hz on each front dash.

I grabbed input sound for my amps from the rear and changed the following with forscan:

EQ Settings - ACM 727-01-02
  • xxYY-xxxx-xxxx
    • 00 = EQ Off
Speaker Configuration Settings - ACM 727-01-01
  • xxYx-xxxx-xxxx - Driver Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 1 - Tweeter
  • xxxY-xxxx-xxxx - Passenger Front Kick Panel/Dash Speakers
    • 7 - Tweeter
  • xxxx-Yxxx-xxxx - Passenger Rear Pod Speaker
    • 2 - Speaker & Tweeter
  • xxxx-xYxx-xxxx - Driver Rear Pod Speaker & Subwoofer
    • 8 - Speaker & Tweeter

Soundstream PN4.1000D
  • Channel 1 & 2 Powering c1-650 in front kick panels crossed over at 90hz
  • Channel 3 & 4 Powering Sundown Audio SA-65CX v.2 6.5" in rear SSV pods crossed over at 90hz
Soundstream PN2.350D
  • Skar Audio VD-8 D2 8" in custom fiberglass box in rear factory sub location.

Sounds great. The only thing I'm going to change is the amp remote turn on. I hate the constant on and off because of the perimeter sensor.

Oh and I have read several people say you must get input from the front. When you do the above changes in forscan there is absolutely no difference. I had the input from both before and after the changes and full signal from the rear is available.